Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The morphology of spontaneous arteriosclerotic lesions in the dog.in: Roberts Jr., J.C. Straus R. Comparative Arteriosclerosis. Harper and Row, Hoeber Medical Division, New York, N.Y1965: 161
- Atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis in dogs following ingestion of cholesterol and thiouracil.AMA Arch. Pathol. 1946; 42: 433
- Fine structure of canine experimental atherosclerosis.Amer. J. Pathol. 1965; 47: 241
- Changes in the coronary arteries of the dog following injections of allylamine.Amer. Heart J. 1948; 35: 212
- Studies on the pathogenesis of vascular disease. The effects of intravenous egg yolk emulsions on inflammatory lesions of the aorta and coronary arteries of dogs.Yale J. Biol. Med. 1956; 29: 9
- Induction of atherosclerosis in dogs by a thiouracil-free semisynthetic diet containing cholesterol and hydrogenated coconut oil.Progr. Biochem. Pharmacol. 1968; 4: 482
Butkus, A., A. Lazzarini Robertson, L. A. Ehrhart and L. A. Lewis, Experimental arteriosclerosis in dogs. Aortic lipid metabolism in early and severe experimental arteriosclerosis, Expt. Molec. Pathol., In press.
- Production of renin by human and animal juxtaglomerular cells in vitro.Circ. Res. 1966; 18: 131
- Experimental atherosclerosis in Rhesus monkeys, Part 2 (Cellular elements of proliferative lesions and possible role of cytoplasmic degeneration in pathogenesis as studied by electron microscopy).Expt. Molec. Pathol. 1957; 7: 34
- Effects of diets rich in saturated fatty acids with or without added cholesterol in plasma lipids and lipoproteins.Lipids. 1970; 5: 896
- Lipid metabolism of acetate-1-14C by leukocytes from dogs fed on an arteriosclerosis-inducing diet.Lipids. 1971; 6: 895
- The early lesions of canine arteriosclerosis.AMA Arch. Pathol. 1951; 51: 278
- Experimental canine atherosclerosis.in: Roberts Jr., J.C. Straus R. Comparative Arteriosclerosis. Harper and Row, Hoeber Medical Division, New York, N.Y1965: 170
- Experimental atherosclerosis in the dog.Expt. Molec. Pathol. 1964; 3: 455
- Lipid pattern in experimental canine atherosclerosis.Circ. Res. 1964; 15: 61
- Some aspects of the metabolism and ultrastructure of human and animal intimal lining.in: Wesolowski S.A. Dennis C. Fundamentals of Vascular Grafting. McGraw-Hill, New York, N.Y1963: 79
- Tissue changes in experimental chronic endogenous hyperlipemia.J. Atheroscler. Res. 1968; 8: 303
Mälmros, H., Personal communication.
☆This study was supported in part by grant HE-6835 from the National Heart and Lung Institute.
☆Although the terms arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis are often used interchangeably, the former is preferred as a generic term in this report for experimental lesions that do not fulfill all criteria of the partial definition for atherosclerosis proposed by W. H. O. study group, London, 1957.