Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Stanbury J.B. Wijngaarden J.B. Fredrickson D.S. The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Diseases. 3rd edition. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY1972: 592-604
- Hyperlipidemia in coronary heart disease — A biochemical genetic approach.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1975; 85: 15-25
- Genetic control of plasma cholesterol — Levels and atherosclerosis in squirrel monkeys.Arch. Path. 1971; 92: 37-45
- Mechanisms of the genetic control of plasma cholesterol in selected lines of show racer pigeons.in: Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med.145. 1974: 1050-1057
- The development of pigeon strains with selected atherosclerosis characteristics.Exp. Mol. Path. 1973; 19: 304-319
- The pigeon as a laboratory animal.Lab. Animal Care. 1963; 13: 767-780
- Automated simultaneous cholesterol and triglyceride determination on AutoAnalyzer II instrument.in: Barton E.C. Technicon International Congress. Advances in Automated Analysis. Vol. 1. FL/Thurman Associates, Miami, FL1970: 503
- The colorimetric determination of phosphorus.J. Biol. Chem. 1925; 106: 375
- Contrasting effects of ethane-1-hydroxy-1, 1-diphosphonate (EHDP) on the regression of two types of dietary-induced atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 1977; 27: 419-435
- Effect on regression potential of atherosclerosis produced by intermittent or continuous hypercholesterolemia.Atherosclerosis. 1977; 27: 369-381
- Isolation and characterization of connective tissue polysaccharides.Meth. Enzymol. 1972; 28: 73
- A modified uronic acid carbazole reaction.Anal. Biochem. 1962; 4: 330-334
- Comparisons involving two samples means.in: Principles and Procedures of Statistics. McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc, New York, Toronto, London1960: 67-87 (Chapter 5)
- Predisposition to atherosclerosis in the head, heart, and legs.J. Amer. Med. Ass. 1972; 221: 661-666
- Some characteristics related to the incidence of cardiovascular disease and death: Framingham Study, 18-year Follow-up.in: Kannel W.B. Gordon T. The Framingham Study — An Epidemiological Investigation of Cardiovascular Disease. DHEW Publication No. 74. NIH, 1974: 599
- Risk indicators for coronary heart disease.Hartford Hosp. Bull. 1973; 4: 64
- Plasma high-density-lipoprotein concentration and development of ischemic heart disease.Lancet. 1975; 1: 16-19
- Platelet function in hyperlipoproteinemia.New Engl. J. Med. 1974; 290: 434-438
- The relative importance of the major risk factors in atherosclerotic and other diseases.Aust. New Zealand J. Med. 1976; 6: 387-393
- Editorial, Can I avoid a heart attack?.Lancet. 1974; 1: 605
- Can the natural progression of the atherosclerotic lesion be controlled?.in: Russek H.I. Cardiovascular Problems. University Park Press, Baltimore, MD1976: 117-122
- Familial hypercholesterolernia — A genetic and metabolic study.Medicine (Baltimore). 1966; 45: 77-110
- Isolation of lipoprotein-acid mucopolysaccharide complexes from fatty streaks of human aortas.Atherosclerosis. 1972; 16: 95
- Structural individuality of human serum LDL associated with a differential affinity for a macromolecular component of the arterial wall.Artery. 1976; 2: 79-97
- Sex differences in the relationship of low density lipoproteins to coronary atherosclerosis in Macaca fascicularis.in: Fed. Proc.35. 1976: 293 (3)
- Male-female variability in the dietary cholesterol-induced hyperlipoproteinemia of Macaca fascicularis (Cynomolgus monkeys).J. Lipid Res. 1978; (In press)
Rudel, L.L., Wagner, W.D., Nohlgren, S. and Lewis, J., Characterization of the dietary cholesterol-induced hyperlipoproteinemiain randomly bred and a selected strain of White Carneau pigeons, In preparation.
☆This work was supported in part by Grant HL-14164 from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.