Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The plasma lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase reaction.J. Lipid Res. 1968; 9: 155
- HDL metabolism in relation to plasma ester transport.in: Miller N.E. Miller G.J. Clinical and Metabolic Aspects of High-density Lipoproteins. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam1984: 167-182
- Purification and substrate specificity of lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase from human plasma.FEBS Lett. 1971; 15: 355
- A cholesteryl ester transfer complex in human plasma.in: Version 5 Edition. Proc. Nad. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.77. 1980: 3327
- In vitro incorporation of cholesterol-14C into very low density lipoprotein cholesteryl ester.J. Lipid Res. 1968; 9: 620
- Two independent lipoprotein receptors on hepatic membranes of dog, swine, and man.J. Clin. Invest. 1981; 68: 1197
- The distribution of plasma lipoproteins in middle-aged male runners.Metabolism. 1976; 25: 1249
- Increased exercise level and plasma lipoprotein concentrations: a one-year, randomized, controlled study in sedentary, middle aged men.Metabolism. 1983; 32: 31
- Dependence of serum lipid and lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase levels on physical training in young men.Eur. J. App. Physiol. 1982; 49: 25
- Exercise mediated metabolic changes in lipoprotein metabolism.in: Hietanen E. Regulation of Serum Lipids by Physical Exercise. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL1981: 116-118
- Does weight loss cause the exercise induced increase in plasma high-density lipoproteins?.Atherosclerosis. 1983; 47: 173
- The isolation and quantitative analysis of lipoproteins.in: Nelson G.J. Blood lipids and lipoproteins: quantitation, composition and metabolism. Wiley-Interscience, New York1972: 181-274
- Flotation rates, molecular weights and hydrated densities of the low-density lipoproteins.Lipids. 1969; 4: 337
- Version 5 Edition. Lipid Research Clinics Manual of Laboratory Operations. (vol. 1) Lipid and Lipoprotein Analysis. HEW Publication No. NIH 75–628, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1974
- Immunoassay of human plasma apolipoprotein B.Metabolism. 1975; 24: 1339
- The measurement of apolipoproteins A-I and A-II levels in men and women by immunoassy.J. Clin. Invest. 1977; 60: 43
- Radioimmunoassay of human plasma lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase.J. Clin. Invest. 1980; 67: 141
Williams, P.T., Krauss, R.M., Vranizan K.M. et al., The effects of exercise-induced weight loss on plasma low-density-lipoprotein subfraction concentrations in men, Arteriosclerosis, (in press).
- Isolation, characterization, and assay of lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase.in: Albers J.J. Segrest J.P. Methods in Enzymology: Plasma Lipoproteins. Part B: Characterization. Version 5 Edition. Cell Biology and Metabolism. Vol. 129. Academic Press, Inc, Orlando, FL1986: 763
- Lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) mass; its relationship to L : CAT activity and cholesterol esterification rate.J. Lipid Res. 1981; 22: 1206
- Population based reference values for lecithincholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT).Atherosclerosis. 1982; 43: 369
- Lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase activity, plasma and lipoprotein lipids and obesity in men and women.Atherosclerosis. 1979; 34: 319
- Variations in the apolipoprotein AI-CIII-AIV gene region and in lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase concentration are determinants of plasma cholesterol concentrations.Atherosclerosis. 1988; 70: 13
- A rapid method for lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase estimation in human serum.Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. 1978; 38: 12
- High density lipoproteins: substrates and products of plasma lecithin: cholesterol acyltransferase.in: Day C.E. High Density Lipoproteins. Marcel Dekker Inc, New York1981: 213
Williams, P.T., Weight-set point and the high-density lipoprotein concentrations of long-distance runners, submitted.
Williams, P.T., Weight set-point theory predicts HDL-cholesterol levels in previously-obese long-distance runners, submitted.
- Role of lipoprotein lipase in metabolic adaptation to exercise training.in: Borensztajn J. Lipoprotein lipase. Evener Publishers, Chicago, IL1987: 187
- Kiens B. Lithell H. Lipoprotein metabolism influenced by training-induced changes in human skeletal muscle. Version 5 Edition. J. Clin. Invest.83. 1989: 558