Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
NCHS. Annual summary of births, marriages, divorces, and deaths: United States, 1990. Hyattsville, Maryland: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, CDC, 1991. (Monthly vital statistics report; vol 39, no 13).
- On the oxidant hypothesis with regard to atherosclerosis.Bibl Nutr Dieta. 1986; 91: 37-53
- Lipid peroxides and human diseases.Chem Phys Lipids. 1987; 45: 337-351
- Beyond cholesterol—Modification of low-density lipoprotein that increase its atherogenicity.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 915-924
- The role of lipid peroxidation and antioxidants in oxidative modification of LDL.Free Rad Biol Med. 1992; 13: 341-390
- Effect of antioxidants on oxidative modification of LDL.Ann Med. 1991; 23: 573-581
- Autoxidation of human low density lipoprotein. Loss of polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E and generation of aldehydes.J Lipid Res. 1987; 28: 495-509
Jessup W, Dean RT, De Whalley CV. The role of oxidative modification and antioxidants in LDL metabolism and atherosclerosis. Emerit et al. (eds). Antioxidants in Therapy and Preventive Medicine I, New York: Plenum, 1990; 139–142.
- Oxidants, antioxidants and cardiovascular disease.Nutr Res Rev. 1989; 2: 51-62
- Current status review. Free radicals, reactive oxygen species and human disease. A critical evaluation with special reference to atherosclerosis.Br J Exp Pathol. 1989; 70: 737-757
- Risk of angina pectoris and plasma concentrations of vitamins A, C, and E and carotene.Lancet. 1991; 337: 1-5
- Inverse correlation between plasma vitamin E and mortality from ischemic heart disease in cross-cultural epidemiology.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 326S-334S
- Effect of selenium and vitamin E on the development of experimental atherosclerosis in rabbits.Atherosclerosis. 1991; 87: 9-16
- Effect of dietary vitamin E on plasma lipids and atherogenesis in restricted ovulator chickens.Atherosclerosis. 1989; 75: 105-109
- Dietary vitamin E and the attenuation of early lesion development in modified watanabe rabbits.Atherosclerosis. 1992; 98: 153-159
- Treatment of cholesterol-fed rabbits with dietary vitamins E and C inhibits lipoprotein oxidation but not development of atherosclerosis.J Nutr. 1994; 124: 2123-2130
- Vitamin E analysis methods for animal tissues.Methods Enzymol. 1984; 105: 138-147
- New colormetric method for quantitative estimation of phospholipids.J Lipid Res. 1973; 14: 695-697
- Simple rapid microtechnique for serum cholesterol.Am. J. Clin Pathol. 1957; 27: 583
Tappel AL. Measurement and protection from in vivo lipid peroxidation. In Pryor WA, (ed). Free Radicals in Biology, San Diego: Academic Press, 1980: 1–47.
- Evidence for lipid peroxidation in atherosclerosis; influence of risk factors.Life Sci. 1990; 46: 715-721
Sgoutas DS, Lattouf OM, Finlayson DC, Clark RV. Paradoxical response of plasma lipoprotein(a) in patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass. Atherosclerosis 97:29–36.
- Effects of d-alpha tocopherol supplementation on experimentally induced primate atherosclerosis.J Am Coll Nutr. 1992; 11: 131-198
- Plasma antioxidants and coronary heart disease. Vitamins C and E, and selenium.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1990; 44: 143-150
- Serum selenium, vitamin antioxidants, and cardiovascular mortality. A 9-year follow-up study in the Netherlands.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1987; 45: 462-469
- Oxidatively modified low density lipoproteins. A potential role in recruitment and retention of monocyte/macrophages during atherogenesis.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 1987; 84: 2995-2998
- Role of vitamin E in preventing the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein1–3.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 314S-321S
- (∞)-Tocopherol consumption during low-density-lipoprotein oxidation.Biochem J. 1990; 265: 399-405
- Vitamin E in human low-density lipoprotein. When and how this antioxidant becomes a pro-oxidant.Biochem J. 1992; 288: 341-344
- Effect of polyun-saturated fatty acids and phospholipids on (3H)-vitamin E incorporation into pulmonary artery endothelial cell membranes.J Cell Physiol. 1990; 145: 555-563
- Aortic ascorbic acid, trace elements, and superoxide dismutase activity in human aneurysmal and occlusive disease.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1987; 184: 138-143
Halliwell B, Gutteridge JMC. Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine, 2nd edition, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1989; 218–234.
- Interactions among antioxidants in health and disease. Vitamin E and its redox cycle.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1992; 200: 271-276
- Selenium and vitamin E in relation to risk factors for coronary heart disease.J Clin Pathol. 1984; 32: 200-206
- Smoking and vitamin C levels in humans.Am J Clin Nutr. 1968; 21: 1259-1267
- Effect of smoking on serum nutrient concentrations in African-American women.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 891-895
- Effect of vitamin C and E supplementation on susceptibility of plasma lipoproteins to peroxidation induced by acute smoking.Atherosclerosis. 1990; 85: 47-54
- Risk predictors, risk indicators, and benefit factors in hypertension.Am J Med. 1987; 82: 2-8
- Epidemiology of coronary heart disease: The Framingham Study.Am J Med. 1984; 76: 4-12
- Enhanced formation of lipid peroxides might contribute to the high sensitivity of spontaneously hypertensive rats towards isoproterenol-induced myocardial damage.Biomed Biochim Acta. 1989; 48: 681-687
- Oxygen radicals in essential hypertension.Mol Cell Biochem. 1992; 111: 103-108
- Blood pressure, dietary fats, and antioxidants.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 48: 1226-1232
- A study on the role of serum lipoperoxides, plasma α-tocopherol and prostascyclin in arteriosclerosis of essential hypertension.Nippon Jinzo Gakkai Shi. 1988; 30: 1161-1164
- Atherosclerotic aneurysm formation in an in situ saphenous vein graft.J Vasc Surg. 1994; 20: 660-664
- Lipid peroxidation; A possible factor in late graft failure of coronary artery bypass grafts.J Vasc Surg. 1991; 13: 652-658
- Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995; 15: 1616-1624