Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Plant sterol and stanol margarines and health.Br. Med. J. 2000; 320: 861-864
- Plant stanol ester margarine lowers serum total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations of healthy children: The STRIP project.J. Pediatr. 2000; 136: 503-510
- Incremental reduction of serum total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with the addition of plant stanol ester-containing spread to statin therapy.Am. J. Cardiol. 2000; 86: 46-52
- Effects of 2 low-fat stanol ester-containing margarines on serum cholesterol concentrations as part of a low fat diet in hypercholesterolemic subjects.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1999; 69: 403-410
- Mechanisms of action of plant sterols on inhibition of cholesterol absorption: comparison of sitosterol and sitostanol.Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 1991; 40: 59-63
- Optimizing the effect of plant sterols on cholesterol absorption in man.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1982; 35: 697-700
- Therapeutic potential of plant sterols and stanols.Curr. Opinion Lipid. 2000; 11: 571-576
- Improved techniques for the separation of serum lipoproteins by density ultracentrifugation—visualization by prestaining and rapid eparation of serum lipoproteins from small volumes of serum.Anal. Biochem. 1981; 111: 149-157
- Estimation of the concentration of low density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma without use of the preparative ultracentrifugation.Clin. Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Effects of diets enriched with two different plant stanol ester mixtures on plasma ubiquinol-10 and fat soluble antioxidant concentrations.Metabolism. 2001; 50: 520-529
- Effects on serum lipids, lipoproteins and fat soluble antioxidant concentrations of consumption frequency of margarines and shortenings enriched with plant stanol esters.Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 54: 671-677
Statview (for the Macintosh) manual. Berkeley, CA: Abacus Concepts, Statview Abacus Concepts Inc., 1992.
- Sitostanol administered in lecithin micelles potently reduces cholesterol absorption in humans.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1999; 70: 826-831
- Reduction of serum cholesterol in postmenopausal women with previous myocardial infarction and cholesterol malabsorption induced by dietary sitostanol ester margarine.Circulation. 1997; 96: 4226-4231
- Consumption of plant stanol esters increase LDL receptor expression in mononuclear cells from non-hypercholesterolemic subjects.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 151 (Abstract): 86
- Plant sterol-enriched margarines and reduction of plasma total and LDL-cholesterol concentrations in normocholesterolaemic and mildly hypercholesterolaemic subjects.Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 1998; 52: 334-343
- Intestinal absorption of beta-carotene ingested with a meal rich in sunflower oil or beef tallow: postprandial appearance in triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins in women.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 71: 1170-1180