Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evolution and progression of atherosclerotic lesions on coronary arteries in children and young adults.Arteriosclerosis. 1989; 99: 19-32
- Association between multiple cardiovascular risk factors and atherosclerosis in children and young adults.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 1650-1656
- Non-invasive detection of endothelial dysfunction in children and adults at risk of atherosclerosis.Lancet. 1992; 340: 1111-1115
- Non-invasive measurement of human endothelium dependent arterial responses: accuracy and reproducibility.Br Heart J. 1995; 74: 247-253
- Close relation of endothelial function in the human coronary and peripheral circulation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 26: 1235-1241
- Endothelium-dependent flow mediated vasodilation in coronary and brachial arteries in suspected coronary artery disease.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 1535-1539
Murakami T, Arai Y. Relationship between non-invasively evaluated endothelial dysfunction and future cardiovascular events. ACC Conference 2001: Session 1263.
- Endothelium-dependent and independent functions are impaired in patients with coronary heart disease.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 149: 19-24
- Endothelial dysfunction occurs in children with two genetic hyperlipidaemias: improvement with antioxidant vitamin therapy.J Pediatr. 1998; 1998: 35-40
- Impaired vascular reactivity in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus is related to disease duration and low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 573-579
- Dietary supplementation with marine omega-3 fatty acids improve systemic large artery endothelial function in subjects with hypercholesterolaemia.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 265-270
- Impaired endothelial function with essential hypertension assessed by ultrasonography.Am Heart J. 1996; 132: 779-782
- Smoking is associated with dose-related increase in intima-media thickness and endothelial dysfunction.Angiology. 1999; 50: 201-207
- Vascular function correlates with risk factors for cardiovascular disease in a healthy population of 35 year old subjects.J Intern Med. 1997; 241: 507-513
- A meta-analysis of physical activity in the prevention of coronary heart disease.Am J Epidemiol. 1990; 132: 612-628
- Exercise training enhances endothelial function in young men.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 1379-1385
- Four weeks of cycle training increases basal production of nitric oxide from the fore-arm.Am J Physiol. 1997; 272: H1070-H1077
- Physical training improves flow mediated dilation in patients with the polymetabolic syndrome.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000; 20: 551-555
Chan SY, Brozic A, Kingsbury KJ, et al. Quantitative relationship between cardiovascular fitness and endothelial function. J Am Coll Cardiol ACC 2000 Conference 2000:272A.
- Preserved vascular reactivity in elderly male athletes.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 1999; 9: 88-91
- Total energy expenditure in young children.Am J Hum Biol. 1996; 8: 183-188
- Low levels of physical activity in 5 year old children.J Pediatr. 1997; 131: 423-429
- Human energy expenditure in affluent societies: an analysis of 574 doubly labelled water measurements.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1996; 50: 72-92
- Physical activity and body fatness in pre-school children.Int J Obes. 1994; 19: 6-10
- Predicting basal metabolic rate, new standards and review of previous work.Hum Nutr Clin Nutr. 1985; 39C: S5-41
- Body composition of reference children from birth to age 10 years.Am J Clin Nutr. 1982; 35: 1169-1175
NHMRC. Recommended dietary intakes for use in Australia. NHMRC. Australian Publishing Service. Canberra, 1992.
- Energy requirements and dietary recommendations for children and adolescents 1 to 18 years old.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1996; 50: S37-81
FAO/WHO/UNU. Energy and protein requirement. Report of joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Consultants. WHO technical report. Series no. 724. Geneva, 1985.
- Impairment of endothelium-dependent dilation is an early event in children with familial hypercholesterolemia and is related to the lipoprotein (a) level.J Clin Invest. 1994; 93: 50-55
- Exercise training alters endothelium dependent vasoreactivity of rat abdominal aorta.J Appl Physiol. 1993; 75: 1354-1363
- The effect of exercise episode duration on blood pressure.Hypertension. 1994; 12: 1413-1415
- Enhanced vasodilation to acetylcholine in athletes is associated with lower plasma cholesterol.Am J Physiol. 1996; 270: H2008-2013
- Flow-mediated dilation in 9–11 year old children.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2233-2238