Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis—an inflammatory disease.New Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- The prognostic value of C-reactive protein and serum amyloid a protein in severe unstable angina.New Engl. J. Med. 1994; 331: 417-424
- Serum C-reactive protein concentration in acute myocardial infarction and its relationship to mortality during 24 months of follow-up in patients under thrombolytic treatment.Eur. Heart J. 1996; 17: 1345-1349
- C-reactive protein and outcome after ischemic stroke.Stroke. 1999; 30: 981-985
- Inflammation, aspirin, and the risk of cardiovascular disease in apparently healthy men.New Engl. J. Med. 1997; 336: 973-979
- C-Reactive protein, a sensitive marker of inflammation, predicts future risk of coronary heart disease in initially healthy middle-aged men: results from the MONICA (Monitoring Trends and Determinants in Cardiovascular Disease) Augsburg Cohort Study 1984–1992.Circulation. 1999; 99: 237-242
- C-reactive protein and other markers of inflammation in the prediction of cardiovascular disease in women.New Engl. J. Med. 2000; 342: 836-843
- Insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism at the locus for angiotensin I- converting enzyme and myocardial infarction.Clin. Genet. 1993; 44: 292-297
Thompson GR, Wilson P. Coronary Risk Factors and Their Assessment. London: Science Press, 1992. p. 7.1–7.10.
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin. Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Gerinnungs-physiologische Schnellmetode zur Bestimmung des Fibrinogens.Acta Haematol. 1957; 17: 237-246
- Does qualitatively altered fibrinogen contribute to the increased heparin precipitable fraction (HPF) in acute myocardial infarction (AMI)?.Thromb. Res. 1984; 33: 9-18
- DNA polymorphisms at fibrinogen loci and plasma fibrinogen concentration.Clin. Genet. 1989; 36: 229-235
- Development of a new microparticle-enhanced turbidimetric assay for C-reactive protein with superior features in analytical sensitivity and dynamic range.J. Clin. Lab. Anal. 1998; 12: 137-144
- Systolic time intervals and ejection fraction in assessing left ventricular performance following acute myocardial infarction. Comparison of systolic time intervals and equilibrium radionuclide ventriculography.Acta Med. Scand. 1984; 215: 341-347
- Production of C-reactive protein and risk of coronary events in stable and unstable angina. European Concerted Action on Thrombosis and Disabilities Angina Pectoris Study Group.Lancet. 1997; 349: 462-466
- Acute phase proteins with special reference to C-reactive protein and related proteins (pentaxins) and serum amyloid A protein.Adv. Immunol. 1983; 34: 141-212
- The acute phase response.Immunol. Today. 1994; 15: 74-80
- Intravenous streptokinase treatment and serum C-reactive protein in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Br. Heart J. 1987; 58: 225-229
- C-reactive protein as a cardiovascular risk factor: more than an epiphenomenon?.Circulation. 1999; 100: 96-102
- Low grade inflammation and coronary heart disease: prospective study and updated meta-analyses.Br. Med. J. 2000; 321: 199-204
- Evidence based cardiology: emerging approaches in preventing cardiovascular disease.Br. Med. J. 1999; 318: 1337-1341
- Radionuclide assessment of ventricular function and risk stratification after myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1991; 84: I167-I176
- Haemostatic function and ischaemic heart disease: principal results of the Northwick Park Heart Study.Lancet. 1986; 2: 533-537
- Hemostatic factors and the risk of myocardial infarction or sudden death in patients with angina pectoris. European Concerted Action on Thrombosis and Disabilities Angina Pectoris Study Group.New Engl. J. Med. 1995; 332: 635-641
- Fibrinogen as a risk factor for coronary heart disease and mortality in middle-aged men and women. The Scottish Heart Health Study.Eur. Heart J. 1998; 19: 55-62
- Fibrinogen as a cardiovascular risk factor: a meta-analysis and review of the literature.Ann. Intern. Med. 1993; 118: 956-963
The Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE) Study Investigators. Effects of an angiotensin-enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, on cardivascular events in high-risk patients. New Engl J Med 2000; 342:145–153.
- Long-term effects of pravastatin on plasma concentration of C-reactive protein. The Cholesterol and Recurrent Events (CARE) Investigators.Circulation. 1999; 100: 230-235