Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnosis, prediction, and natural course of HIV-1 protease-inhibitor-associated lipodystrophy, hyperlipidaemia, and diabetes mellitus: a cohort study.Lancet. 1999; 353: 2093-2099
- Impaired glucose tolerance, beta cell function and lipid metabolism in HIV patients under treatment with protease inhibitors.AIDS. 1999; 13: F63-F70
- Fat distribution and metabolic changes in patients with HIV infection.AIDS. 1999; 13: 2493-2505
- Atherogenic dyslipidemia in HIV-infected individuals treated with protease inhibitors. The Swiss HIV Cohort Study.Circulation. 1999; 100: 700-705
- Pilot study of coronary atherosclerotic risk and plaque burden in HIV patients: ‘a call for cardiovascular prevention’.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 163: 349-354
- Assessment of atherosclerosis using carotid ultrasonography in a cohort of HIV-positive patients treated with protease inhibitors.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 162: 433-438
- The atherogenic role of triglycerides and small dense low density lipoproteins: impact of ciprofibrate therapy.Atherosclerosis. 1996; Suppl. 124: 21-28
- Apoprotein C-III and E-containing lipoparticles are markedly increased in HIV-infected patients treated with protease inhibitors: association with the development of lipodystrophy.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2001; 86: 296-302
- Use of human immunodeficiency virus-1 protease inhibitors is associated with atherogenic lipoprotein changes and endothelial dysfunction.Circulation. 2001; 104: 257-262
- The small, dense LDL phenotype and the risk of coronary heart disease: epidemiology, patho-physiology and therapeutic aspects.Diabetes Metab. 1999; 25: 199-211
- Comparison of various electrophoretic characteristics of LDL particles and their relationship to the risk of ischemic heart disease.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2295-2299
- ABT-378/ritonavir plus stavudine and lamivudine for the treatment of antiretroviral-naı̈ve adults with HIV-1 infection: 48-week results.AIDS. 2001; 15: 1-9
- Safety and antiviral activity at 48 weeks of lopinavir/ritonavir plus nevirapine and 2 nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected protease inhibitor—experienced patients.J. Infect. Dis. 2002; 185: 599-607
1993 revised classification system for HIV infection and expanded surveillance case definition for AIDS among adolescents and adults. MMWR 1992; 41: 1–19.
- Sequential flotation ultracentrifugation.Methods Enzymol. 1986; 128: 155-170
- Characterization of human high-density lipoproteins by gradient gel electrophoresis.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1981; 665: 408-419
Wall JL, David M, Fichtenbaum CJ. The risk of Ischemic Cardiovascular Disease Is Significant in Persons with HIV infection. 9th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle, Feb 2002 [Abstract 695-T].
- Do protease inhibitors increase the risk for coronary heart disease in patients with HIV-1 infection?.J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 2002; 30: 471-477
- Premature lesions of the carotid vessels in HIV-1-infected patients treated with protease inhibitors.AIDS. 2000; 14: F123-128
Mercie P, Thiebault R, Lavignolle V et al. and the Groupe d'Epidemiologie Clinique du Sida en Aquitaine (GECSA). Evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors in HIV-1 infected patients using carotid intima-media thickness measurement. Ann Med 2002; 34: 55–63.
Leport C, Saves M, Ducimetiere P et al. Coronary Heart Disease Risk (CHD) in French HIV-Infected Men Started on a Protease Inhibitor (PI)-Containing Regimen Compared to the General Population. 9th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle, Feb 2002 [Abstract 697T].
- HIV Outpatient Study (HOPS) investigators. Protease inhibitors and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with HIV-1.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1747-1748
- Premature atherosclerosis in HIV-infected individuals-focus on protease inhibitor therapy.AIDS. 2001; 15: 329-334
- Lipids, lipoproteins, triglyceride clearance, and cytokines in human immunodeficiency virus infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1992; 74: 1045-1052
- Epidemiologic evidence for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol as a risk factor for coronary artery disease.Am. J. Cardiol. 2001; 88: 9N-13
- High apolipoprotein B, low apolipoprotein A-I, and improvement in the prediction of fatal myocardial infarction (AMORIS study): a prospective study.Lancet. 2001; 358: 2026-2033
- Atherogenic, dense low-density lipoproteins. Pathophysiology and new therapeutic approaches.Eur. Heart J. 1998; 19: A24-A30
- Alterations of apolipoprotein B metabolism in HIV-infected patients with antiretroviral combination therapy.J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 2001; 26: 225-235
- Lipoprotein heterogeneity and apolipoprotein B metabolism.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1997; 17: 3542-3556
- Atherogenic role of elevated CE transfer from HDL to VLDL(1) and dense LDL in type 2 diabetes: impact of the degree of triglyceridemia.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2001; 21: 282-288
- An interaction between apo C-III variants and protease inhibitors contributes to high triglyceride/low HDL levels in treated HIV patients.AIDS. 2001; 15: 2397-2406
- Fenofibrate reduces plasma cholesteryl ester transfer from HDL to VLDL and normalizes the atherogenic, dense LDL profile in combined hyperlipidemia.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1996; 16: 763-772
- A 16-week fenofibrate treatment increases LDL particle size in type IIA dyslipidemic patients.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 162: 363-371