Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis-an inflammatory disease.New Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase deficiency. A missense mutation near the active site of an anti-inflammatory phospholipase.J. Clin. Invest. 1996; 97: 2784-2791
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2: a potential new risk factor for coronary artery disease and a therapeutic target.Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 2001; 1: 121-125
- The impact of platelet-activating factor (PAF)-like mediators on the functional activity of neutrophils: anti-inflammatory effects of human PAF-acetylhydrolase.Clin. Exp. Immunol. 2001; 123: 412-420
- Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolases in health and disease.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2000; 1488: 102-123
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2), platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase: a potential new risk factor for coronary artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 150: 413-419
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2), platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, is expressed by macrophages in human and rabbit atherosclerotic lesions.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1999; 19: 2909-2917
- Inhibition of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 diminishes the death-inducing effects of oxidised LDL on human monocyte-macrophages.FEBS Lett. 2001; 505: 357-363
- Correlations between plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase (PAF-AH) activity and PAF-AH genotype, age, and atherosclerosis in a Japanese population.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 150: 209-216
- Plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase deficiency is associated with atherosclerotic occlusive disease in japan.J. Vasc. Surg. 2000; 32: 263-267
- The Ile198Thr and Ala379Val variants of plasmatic PAF-acetylhydrolase impair catalytical activities and are associated with atopy and asthma.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2000; 66: 1522-1530
Hamsten A, Margaglione M, Silveira A, et al. Differences in lifestyle, clinical characteristics and plasma lipid traits among healthy subjects and myocardial infarction survivors from the north and south of Europe (HIFMECH study), Atherosclerosis 2002; submitted for publication.
- Plasma thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor antigen concentration and genotype in relation to myocardial infarction in the north and south of Europe.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2002; 22: 867-873
- A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells.Nucleic Acid Res. 1988; 16: 1215
- High-throughput genotyping using horizontal polyacrylamide gels with wells arranged for microplate array diagonal gel electrophoresis (MADGE).Biotechniques. 1995; 19: 830-835
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, generates two bioactive products during the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein: use of a novel inhibitor.Biochem. J. 1999; 338: 479-487
- Lipoprotein-associatedphopsholipase A2 as an independent predictor of coronary heart disease.New Engl. J. Med. 2000; 343: 1148-1155
- A prospective evaluation of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2) levels and the risk of future cardiovascular events in women.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2001; 38: 1302-1306
- In vivo regulation of plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase during the acute phase response.Am. J. Physiol. 1999; 277: R94-103
- The expression and localization of plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase in endotoxemic rats.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 19891-19896
- Infection and inflammation induce LDL oxidation in vivo.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2000; 20: 1536-1542
- Anti-atherosclerotic effect of SB-244323, a lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2 inhibitor, in WHHL rabbits.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 151: 166
Yudkin JS, Juhan-Vague I, Hawe E, et al., on behalf of the HIFMECH Study Group. The insulin resistance syndrome and inflammatory markers in relation to myocardial infarction in north and south Europe (HIFMECH Study), Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2002; submitted for publication.
- Plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase is a secreted phospholipase A2 with a catalytic triad.J. Biol. Chem. 1995; 270: 25481-25487
- Dissociable and nondissociable forms of platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase in human plasma LDL: implications for LDL oxidative susceptibility.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1999; 1437: 23-36
- Atorvastatin preferentially reduces LDL-associated platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase activity in dyslipidemias of type IIA and type IIB.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2002; 22: 306-311