Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
AHA. Risk factors and coronary heart disease. 2000; American Heart Association.
AHA. Heart and stroke statistical update. 2002; American Heart Association.
- Moore W.S. Hemodynamics for the vascular surgeon, in vascular surgery: a comprehensive review. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1993: 186
Zarins C, Glagov S. Pathophysiology of human atherosclerosis, In: Vascular surgery. McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1986. p. 23–41.
- Effect of age on kinetics of nitric oxide release in rat aorta and pulmonary artery.J. Clin. Invest. 1996; 98: 899-905
- Mosby-Year Book, St. Louis1997: 139-140 Cardiovascular physiology. 7th ed.
- Evaluation of age, gender, heart rate and blood pressure changes and exercise conditioning on doppler measured aortic blood flow acceleration and velocity daring upright treadmill testing.Am. J. Cardiol. 1988; 62: 439-443
- Non-invasive ultrasonic measurement of the elastic properties of the human abdominal aorta.Cardiovasc. Res. 1986; 20: 208
- Atheroma and arterial wall shear: observation, correlation and proposal of a shear dependent mass transfer mechanism for atherogenesis.Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. B: Biol. Sci. 1971; 177: 109-159
- Pulsatile flow and atherosclerosis in the human carotid bifurcation: positive correlation between plaque location and low oscillating shear stress.Arteriosclerosis. 1985; 5: 293-302
- Correlation between intimal thickness and fluid shear in human arteries.Atherosclerosis. 1981; 39: 425
- Carotid bifurcation atherosclerosis: quantitative correlation of plaque localization with flow velocity profiles and wall shear stress.Circ. Res. 1983; 53: 502-514
- Local effects of stenoses: increased flow velocity inhibits atherogenesis.Circulation. 1981; 64: II-221-II-227
- In vivo quantification of blood flow and wall shear stress in the human abdominal aorta during lower limb exercise.Ann. Biomed. Eng. 2002; 30: 402-408
- Chronic exercise in dogs increases coronary vascular nitric oxide production and endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase gene expression.Circ. Res. 1994; 74: 349-353
- Endothelial expression of a mononuclear leukocyte adhesion molecule during atherogenesis.Science. 1991; 251: 788-791
- Shear stress modulates expression of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase in human aortic endothelial cells.Circ. Res. 1996; 79: 32-37
- Atherosclerosis of human aorta and its coronary and renal arteries.Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 1961; 72: 558
- Autopsy studies in atherosclerosis: distribution and severity of atherosclerosis in patients dying without any morphologic evidence of atherosclerotic catastrophe.Circulation. 1959; 20: 511-519
- Quantitative magnetic resonance flow imaging.Magn. Resonance Q. 1994; 10: 125-147
- Exercise in health and disease: evaluation and prescription for prevention and rehabilitation. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia1990
- Simultaneous temporal resolution of cardiac and respiratory motion in MR imaging.Radiology. 1995; 195: 169-175
- Level set methods and fast marching methods. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England1999
- Geometric image segmentation and image-based model construction for computational hemodynamics.IEEE Eng. Med. Biol. 1999; 18: 33-39
- Concomitant gradient terms in phase contrast MR: analysis and correction.Magn. Resonance Med. 1998; 39: 300-308
- Arterial and venous blood flow: noninvasive quantitation with MR imaging.Radiology. 1992; 185: 809-812
- Quantification of wall shear stress in large blood vessels using Lagrangian interpolation functions with cine PC-MRI.Ann Biomed Eng. 2002; 30: 1020-1032
- Pulsatile flow in the human left coronary artery bifurcation: average conditions.J. Biomech. Eng. 1996; 118: 74-82
- Method for the calculation of velocity, rate of flow and viscous drag in arteries when the pressure gradient is known.J. Physiol. 1955; 127: 553-563
- Pulsatile velocity measurements in a model of the human abdominal aorta under simulated exercise and postprandial conditions.J. Biomech. Eng. 1994; 116: 107-111
- Quantitative abdominal aortic flow measurements at controlled levels of ergometer exercise.Magn. Resonance Imag. 1999; 17: 489-494
- Quantitative assessment of human aortic blood flow during exercise.Surg. Forum. 1997; XLVIII: 359-362
- Effect of exercise on hemodynamic conditions in the abdominal aorta.J. Vasc. Surg. 1999; 29: 1077-1089
- Aneurysms of the aorta and iliac arteries.in: Moore W.S. Vascular surgery: a comprehensive review. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1993: 401-422
- Micro-architecture and composition of artery walls: relationship to location, diameter and the distribution of mechanical stress.J. Hyperten. 1992; 10: S101-S104
- Localization of aortic disease is associated with intrinsic differences in aortic structure.J. Surg. Res. 1995; 59: 17-22
- An elastic tube theory of pulse transmission and oscillatory flow in mammalian arteries. Aeronautical Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio1957