Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Peripheral arterial disease.Lancet. 2001; 358: 1257-1264
- Management of peripheral arterial disease (PAD). TASC Working Group.J. Vasc. Surg. 2000; 31: S1-S296
- Mortality over a period of 10 years in patients with peripheral arterial disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 1992; 326: 381-386
- The ratio of ankle and arm arterial pressure as an independent predictor of mortality.Atherosclerosis. 1991; 87: 119-128
- Intermittent claudication, heart disease risk factors, and mortality: the Whitehall Study.Circulation. 1990; 82: 1925-1931
- Incidence, natural history and cardiovascular events in symptomatic and asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in the general population.Int. J. Epidemiol. 1996; 25: 1172-1181
- Ankle-arm index as a marker of atherosclerosis in the Cardiovascular Health Study. Cardiovascular Heart Study (CHS) Collaborative Research Group.Circulation. 1993; 88: 837-845
- Exertional leg symptoms other than intermittent claudication are common in peripheral arterial disease.Arch. Intern. Med. 1999; 159: 387-392
- The sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of traditional clinical evaluation of peripheral arterial disease: results from non-invasive testing in a defined population.Circulation. 1985; 71: 516-522
- The correlation between symptoms and non- invasive test results in patients referred for peripheral arterial disease testing.Vasc. Med. 1996; 1: 65-71
- Prevention Conference V: Beyond secondary prevention: identifying the high-risk patient for primary prevention: non-invasive tests of atherosclerotic burden: Writing Group III.Circulation. 2000; 101: E16-E22
- Assessment of peripheral vascular disease in diabetes: report and recommendations of an international workshop sponsored by the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association, 18–20 September, 1992 New Orleans, Louisiana.Circulation. 1993; 88: 819-828
- The influence of experience on the reproducibility of the ankle-brachial systolic pressure ratio in peripheral arterial occlusive disease.Eur. J. Vasc. Endovasc. Surg. 1999; 18: 25-29
- Ankle systolic pressure measurements in arterial disease affecting the lower extremities.Br. J. Surg. 1969; 56: 676-679
CAPRIE Steering Committee. A randomised, blinded, trial of clopidogrel versus aspirin in patients at risk of ischaemic events (CAPRIE). Lancet 1996;348:1329–39.
The getABI Study Group. The German Epidemiological Trial on Ankle Brachial Index (getABI): rationale, design and methods. VASA 2002;4:241–8.
Arbeitsgruppe Epidemiologische Methoden der Deutschen Arbeitsgemeinschaft Epidemiologie (DAE). Leitlinen und Empfehlungen zur Sicherung von Guter Epidemiologischer Praxis (GEP). February 2000. Available: http://www.gmds.de/texte/onlinedocs/empfehlungen/empL.gep.langfassung.htm
- The diagnosis of ischaemic heart pain and intermittent claudication in field surveys.Bull. World Health Organ. 1962; 27: 645-658
- Peripheral arterial disease in the elderly: The Rotterdam Study.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1998; 18: 185-192
Olin JW. The clinical evaluation and office based detection of peripheral arterial disease. In: Hirsch AT, Olin FW, eds. An office-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral arterial disease. Am J Med (Continuing Education Series) 1998:10–7.
- The ankle brachial index is associated with leg function and physical activity: the Walking and Leg Circulation Study.Ann. Intern. Med. 2002; 136: 873-883
Federal Statistical Office. Statistical Yearbook 2001 for the Federal Republic of Germany. Metzler-Poeschel, Stuttgart, 2001.
Pittrow D, Wittchen HU, Kirch W. Hypertension and diabetes care among primary care doctors in Germany: results from an epidemiological cross-sectional study. In: Public Health in Europe. Kirch W, editor. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 2003.
- The prevalence of asymptomatic and unrecognized peripheral arterial occlusive disease.Int. J. Epidemiol. 1996; 25: 282-290
- Ankle–arm index as a predictor of cardiovascular disease and mortality in the Cardiovascular Health Study. The Cardiovascular Health Study Group.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1999; 19: 538-545
- Peripheral arterial disease detection, awareness, and treatment in primary care.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2001; 286: 1317-1324
- The Minnesota Regional Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening Program: towards a definition of community standards of care.Vasc. Med. 2001; 6: 87-96
- Critical issues in peripheral arterial disease detection and management: a call to action.Arch. Intern. Med. 2003; 163: 884-892
- Meeting the challenge of peripheral arterial disease.Arch. Intern. Med. 2003; 163: 877-878