Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis: an inflammatory disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- Intimal plus medial thickness of arterial wall: a direct measurement with ultrasound imaging.Circulation. 1986; 74: 1399-1401
- Effects of probucol and pravastatin on common carotid atherosclerosis in patients with asymptomatic hypercholesterolemia: Fukuoka Atherosclerosis Trial (FAST).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 600-616
- A new Chlamydia psittaci strain, TWAR, isolated in acute respiratory tract infections.N Engl J Med. 1986; 315: 161-168
- Infections caused by Chlamydia pneumoniae strain TWAR.Clin Infect Dis. 1992; 15: 757-761
- Seroepidemiology of Chlamydia pneumoniae TWAR infection in Seattle families, 1966–1979.J Infect Dis. 1992; 166: 646-649
- Plasma triglycerides and lipoprotein (a): inverse relationship in a hyperlipidemic Italian population.Atherosclerosis. 1993; 101: 203-211
- Isolation of Chlamydia pneumoniae from the coronary artery of a patient with coronary atherosclerosis. The Chlamydia pneumoniae/Atherosclerosis Study Group.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 979-982
- Assay of specific anti-Chlamydia pneumoniae antibodies by ELISA method. Part 3. Setting of serological criteria.Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1999; 73: 457-466
- Chronic infections and coronary artery disease: is there a link?.Lancet. 1997; 350: 430-436
- Chlamydia pneumoniae seropositivity and carotid atherosclerosis-A Japanese population-based study. Atherosclerosis. 2002; 164: 313-319
- Serological evidence of an association of a novel Chlamydia, TWAR, with chronic coronary heart disease and acute myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1988; 2: 983-986
- A new respiratory tract pathogen: Chlamydia pneumoniae strain TWAR.J Infect Dis. 1990; 161: 618-625
- Elevated Chlamydia pneumonia antibodies, cardiovascular events, and azithromycin in male survivors of myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1997; 96: 404-407
- Randomized secondary prevention trial of azithromycin in patients with coronary artery disease and serologic evidence for Chlamydia pneumonia infection: The Azithromycin in Coronary Artery Disease: Elimination of Myocardial Infection with Chlamydia (ACADEMIC) study.Circulation. 1999; 99: 1540-1547
Muhlestein JB, Anderson JL, Hammond EH, Zhao L, Trehan S, Schwobe EP, et al. Infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae accelerates the development of atherosclerosis and treatment with azithromycin prevents it in a rabbit model, Circulation 1998;24;97(7):633–6.
Taylor-Robinson D. Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and coronary heart disease. Trials should assess whether antibiotics eliminate organism from atherosclerotic lesions, BMJ 1997;6:315(7121):1538.