Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Renal insufficiency and subsequent death resulting from cardiovascular disease in the United States.J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2002; 13: 745-753
- Clinical epidemiology of cardiovascular disease in chronic renal disease.Am. J. Kidney. Dis. 1998; 32: S112-S119
- Cardiovascular disease after renal transplantation.Semin. Nephrol. 2000; 20: 176-187
- Coronary artery disease in uremia: etiology, diagnosis, and therapy.Kidney Int. 2001; 60: 2059-2078
- An evaluation of methods for imaging and quantifying coronary and carotid lumen stenosis and atherosclerosis.Circulation. 1993; 87: II17-II33
- High-resolution B-mode ultrasonography in evaluation of atherosclerosis in uremia.Kidney Int. 1995; 48: 820-826
- Cardiac and arterial interactions in end-stage renal disease.Kidney Int. 1996; 50: 600-608
- Strong association between malnutrition, inflammation, and atherosclerosis in chronic renal failure.Kidney Int. 1999; 55: 1899-1911
- Role of lipoprotein (a) and TGF-beta 1 in atherosclerosis of hemodialysis patients.J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2000; 11: 1889-1895
- Does renal failure cause an atherosclerotic milieu in patients with end-stage renal disease?.Am. J. Med. 2001; 110: 198-204
- Hyperhomocysteinemia, diabetes mellitus, and carotid atherosclerosis independently increase atherosclerotic vascular disease outcome in Japanese patients with end-stage renal disease.Clin. Nephrol. 2001; 56: 132-139
- Advanced atherosclerosis in predialysis patients with chronic renal failure.Kidney Int. 2002; 61: 2187-2192
- Carotid artery lesions in patients with nondiabetic chronic renal failure.Am. J. Kidney Dis. 1996; 27: 58-66
- Calcified plaque is common in the carotid and femoral arteries of dialysis patients without clinical vascular disease.Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 1998; 13: 2004-2012
- Ultrasonic tissue characterization of the carotid artery in chronic renal failure patients.Nephron. 2002; 91: 270-275
- Echo color Doppler imaging of carotid vessels in hemodialysis patients: evidence of high levels of atherosclerotic lesions.Am. J. Kidney Dis. 1996; 28: 713-720
- The prevalence of peripheral arterial disease and medial arterial calcification in patients with chronic renal failure: requirements for diagnostics.Am. J. Kidney Dis. 2002; 40: 472-479
WHO Study Group: Diabetes mellitus. World Health Organ. Tech. Rep. Ser. 1985;727:9–20.
Rose GA, Blackburn H, Gillum RF, Prineas RJ: Classification of the electrocardiogram for population studies. In: Rose GA, Blackburn H, Gillum RF, Prineas RJ, editors. Cardiovascular survey methods, 2nd ed., Geneva: World Health Organization; 1982. p. 123–43.
- Ultrasound B-mode imaging in observational studies of atherosclerotic progression.Circulation. 1993; 87: II56-II65
- Correlation of North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial (NASCET) angiographic definition of 70% to 99% internal carotid artery stenosis with duplex scanning.J. Vasc. Surg. 1993; 17 (discussion 157–9): 152-157
- Stiffness of systemic arteries in patients with myocardial infarction. A noninvasive method to predict severity of coronary atherosclerosis.Circulation. 1989; 80: 78-86
Yatsu FM. Atherosclerosis and stroke. In: Barnett HJM, Mohr JP, Stein PM, editors. Pathology, diagnosis and management. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1986. p. 45–56.
- Carotid plaque, intima-media thickness, cardiovascular risk factors, and prevalent cardiovascular disease in men and women: the British Regional Heart Study.Stroke. 1999; 30: 841-850
- Carotid artery intima-media thickness and plaque score for the risk assessment of stroke subtypes.Ultrasound Med. Biol. 2002; 28: 1239-1243
- Morphology of coronary atherosclerotic lesions in patients with end-stage renal failure.Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 2000; 15: 218-223
- Coronary-artery calcification in young adults with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2000; 342: 1478-1483
- Pathophysiological mechanisms of vascular calcification in end-stage renal disease.Kidney Int. 2001; 60: 472-479
- Atherosclerotic changes in the carotid artery bulb as measured by B-mode ultrasound are associated with the extent of coronary atherosclerosis.Stroke. 1997; 28: 1189-1194
- Inflammation is associated with carotid atherosclerosis in dialysis patients. Creed investigators. Cardiovascular risk extended evaluation in dialysis patients.J. Hypertens. 2000; 18: 1207-1213
- Evidence for elevated pulse pressure in patients on chronic hemodialysis: A case-control study.Kidney Int. 2002; 62: 2195-2201
- Increased arterial stiffness in end-stage renal failure: why is it of interest to the clinical nephrologist?.Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 1994; 9: 1709-1712
- Carotid arterial stiffness as a predictor of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality in end-stage renal disease.Hypertension. 1998; 32: 570-574
- Impact of aortic stiffness on survival in end-stage renal disease.Circulation. 1999; 99: 2434-2439