Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001;285:2486–97.
- Familial hypercholesterolemia: genetic, biochemical and pathophysiologic considerations.Adv. Intern. Med. 1975; 20: 273-296
- Lipoprotein(a) and coronary heart disease. Meta-analysis of prospective studies.Circulation. 2000; 102: 1082-1085
- Plasma lipoproteins and progression of coronary artery disease evaluated by angiography and clinical events.Circulation. 1993; 88: 2762-2770
Havel RJ, Triglyceride-rich lipoprotein remnants. In: Rifai N, Warnick GR, Dominiczak MH (Eds.), Handbook of Lipoprotein Testing. Washington, D.C.: AACC Press; 1997. p. 451–64.
NIH Consensus Development Panel. Triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein, and coronary heart disease. JAMA 1993;269:508–10.
Mahley RW, Rall SC, Jr., Type III hyperlipoproteinemia (dysbetalipoproteinemia): the role of apolipoprotein E in normal and abnormal lipoprotein metabolism. In: Scriver CR, Beaudet AL, Sly WS, Vallee D., editors. The metabolic and molecular bases of inherited disease. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1995. p. 1953–80.
- Lipid levels and peripheral vascular disease in diabetic and non-diabetic subjects.Atherosclerosis. 1998; 136: 1-8
- Relationship between smoking and cardiovascular risk factors in the development of peripheral arterial disease and coronary artery disease: Edinburg Artery Study.Eur. Heart J. 1999; 20: 344-353
- Novel risk factors for systemic atherosclerosis. A comparison of C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, homocysteine, lipoprotein (a), and standard cholesterol screening as predictors of peripheral arterial disease.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2481-2485
- Lipid risk factor in patients requiring arterial reconstruction.J. Vasc. Surg. 1989; 10: 418-424
- 5-Year incidence of atherosclerotic vascular disease in relation to general risk factors, insulin level, and abnormalities in lipoprotein composition in non-insulin-dependent diabetic and nondiabetic subjects.Circulation. 1990; 82: 27-36
- Lipoprotein profile in men with peripheral vascular disease. Role of intermediate density lipoproteins and apoprotein E phenotype.Circulation. 1992; 85: 30-36
- Alterations in plasma lipids, lipoproteins and high-density lipoprotein subfractions in peripheral arterial disease.Atherosclerosis. 1997; 131: 161-166
- Effects of cilostazol on walking distances in patients with intermittent claudication caused by peripheral vascular disease.J. Vasc. Surg. 1998; 27: 267-275
- Cilostazol has beneficial effects in treatment of intermittent claudication: results from a multicenter, randomized, prospective, double-blind trial.Circulation. 1998; 98: 678-686
- A comparison of cilostazol and pentoxifylline for treating intermittent claudication.Am. J. Med. 2000; 109: 523-530
- Effects of the novel antiplatelet agent cilostazol on plasma lipoproteins in patients with intermittent claudication.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc. Biol. 1998; 18: 1942-1947
- Evaluation of an immunoseparation method for quantitative measurement of remnant-like particle cholesterol in serum and plasma.Clin. Chem. 1998; 44: 2490-2498
- Cholesterol in remnant-like lipoproteins in human serum using monoclonal anti apo B-100 and anti apo A-I immunoaffinity mixed gels.Clin. Chem. Acta. 1993; 233: 53-71
- Separation and determination of remnant-like particles in human serum using monoclonal antibodies to apo B-100 and apo A-I.J. Clin. Ligand. Assay. 1996; 19: 177-183
- Intermittent claudication, heart disease risk factors, and mortality The Whitehall Study.Circulation. 1990; 82: 1925-1931
- Incidence, natural history and cardiovascular events in symptomatic and asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in the general population.Int. J. Epidemiol. 1996; 25: 1172-1181
- Lower-extremity arteriosclerosis as a reflection of a systemic process: implications for concomitant coronary and carotid disease.Semin. Vasc. Surg. 1999; 12: 118-122
Krajewski LP, Olin JW, Atherosclerosis of the aorta and lower-extremity arteries. In: Young JR, Olin JW, Bartholomew JR, editors. Peripheral vascular disease. 2nd ed. St. Louis, Mosby-Year Book. pp. 208–33.
- Pharmaceutical approaches to the treatment of intermittent claudication.Drugs Aging. 1992; 2: 125-136
- Effects of simvastatin on ischemic signs and symptoms in the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S).Am. J. Cardiol. 1998; 81: 333-335
- Impact of cholesterol reduction on peripheral arterial disease in the Program on the Surgical Control of the Hyperlipidemias (POSCH).Surgery. 1996; 120: 672-679
- Triglyceride: the forgotten risk factor.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1027-1028
- Relation of triglyceride levels, fasting and non-fasting, to fatal and nonfatal coronary heart disease (for the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial Research Group).Arch. Intern. Med. 2003; 163: 1077-1083
- Remnants of chylomicron and very low density lipoprotein impair endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation.Atherosclerosis. 1998; 137: 341-349
- Aggregation of human blood platelets by remnant-like lipoprotein particles of plasma chylomicrons and very low density lipoproteins.Thromb. Heamost. 1997; 77: 996-1001
- Effect of pentoxifylline on erythrocyte membrane and plasma lipids.Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 1991; 41: 623-624
- Cilostazol, a selective type III phosphodiesterase inhibitor, decreases triglyceride and increase HDL cholesterol levels by increasing lipoprotein lipase activity in rats.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 152: 299-305
- Comparative effects of cerivastatin and fenofibrate on the atherogenic lipoprotein phenotype in proteinuric renal disease.J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2001; 12: 341-348
☆These results were presented in part at the XVII International Congress of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine in June 1999 (i.e. the differences in lipid variables between patients with intermittent claudication (IC) and reference subjects) and the Drugs Affecting Lipid Metabolism Conference (DALM) 2001 in September 2001 (i.e. the effects of cilostazol on plasma lipid values).