Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lipoproteins, lipopytic enzymes, and hormonal status in hypothyroid women at different levels of substitution.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1988; 66: 51-56
- Effects of endogenous sex steroids on serum lipoproteins and post-heparin plasma lipolytic enzymes.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1988; 66: 408-413
- Endogenous sex hormones: impact on lipids, lipoproteins, and insulin.Am. J. Med. 1995; 98: 40S-47S
- Hepatic lipase: structure/function relationship, synthesis, and regulation.J. Lipid Res. 2002; 43: 1163-1169
- Lipoprotein lipase: structure, function, regulation, and role in disease.J. Mol. Med. 2002; 80: 753-769
- Role of hepatic-triglyceride lipase activity in the association between intra-abdominal fat and plasma HDL-cholesterol in obese women.Arteriosclerosis. 1989; 9: 485-492
- Plasma steroid-binding proteins.Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 1991; 20: 697-720
- Relationships between endogenous steroid hormone, sex hormone binding globulin and lipoprotein levels in men: contribution of visceral obesity, insulin levels and other metabolic variables.Atherosclerosis. 1997; 133: 235-244
- Association of decreased sex hormone-binding globulin and cardiovascular risk factors.Atherosclerosis. 1989; 9: 136-143
- Relationship of sex hormone-binding globulin to lipid, lipoprotein, glucose, and insulin concentrations in postmenopausal women.Metabolism. 1992; 41: 278-284
- Relationship of plasma HDL-cholesterol to testosterone, estradiol, and sex-hormone-binding globulin levels in men and women.Metabolism. 1983; 32: 428-432
- Sex hormone-binding globulin levels in middle-aged premenopausal women. Associations with visceral obesity and metabolic profile.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 1875-1881
- Sex steroid hormones, sex hormone-binding globulin, and obesity in men and women.Horm. Metab. Res. 2000; 32: 526-536
- Sex hormone-binding globulin and glucose tolerance in postmenopausal women. The Rancho Bernardo Study.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 645-649
- Sex hormone-binding globulin and insulin resistance in African-American women.Metabolism. 1998; 47: 70-74
- Level of sex hormone-binding globulin is positively correlated with insulin sensitivity in men with type 2 diabetes.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1993; 76: 275-278
- Inhibition of sex hormone-binding globulin production in the human hepatoma (Hep G2) cell line by insulin and prolactine.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1988; 67: 460-464
- A direct effect of hyperinsulinemia on serum sex hormone-binding globulin levels in obese women with the polycystic ovary syndrome.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1991; 72: 83-89
- The HERITAGE Family Study. Aims, design, and measurement protocol.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 1995; 27: 721-729
- Race differences in the response of post-heparin plasma liporotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities to endurance exercise training in men: results from the HERITAGE Family study.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 159: 399-406
Lohman T, Roche A, Martorel R. Standardization of anthropometric measurements. In: Proceedings of The Airlie (VA) Consensus Conference on the Human Kinetics. IL: Champaign; 1988. pp. 20–37.
Behnke AR, Wilmore JH. Evaluation and regulation of body build and composition. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall; 1974. p. 236.
Siri W. Body composition from fluid spaces and density: analysis of methods. In: Brozek J, Henschel A editors. Techniques for measuring body composition. Washington, D.C.: National Academy of Sciences; 1961.
- Applicability of body composition techniques and constants for children and youths.Exerc. Sport Sci. Rev. 1986; 14: 325-357
- Reproducibility of anthropometric and body composition measurements: the HERITAGE Family Study.Int. J. Obes. 1997; 21: 297-303
- Estimation of deep abdominal adipose-tissue accumulation from simple anthropometric measurements in men.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1991; 54: 471-477
- Assessment of adipose tissue distribution by computed axial tomography in obese women: association with body density and anthropometric measurements.Br. J. Nutr. 1989; 61: 139-148
- Adipose tissue volume determinations in women by computed tomography: technical considerations.Int. J. Obes. 1986; 10: 53-67
- Contribution of body fatness and adipose tissue distribution to the age variation in plasma steroid hormone concentrations in men: the HERITAGE Family Study.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2000; 85: 1026-1031
- A critical evaluation of simple methods for the estimation of free testosterone in serum.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1999; 84: 3666-3672
- Use of polyethylene glycol to separate free and antibody-bound peptide hormones in radioimmunoassays.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1971; 33: 732-738
- Increase in plasma high-density lipoprotein concentration following complete androgen blockage in men with prostatic carcinoma.Metabolism. 1987; 36: 244-250
- Sur un dosage rapide du cholestérol lié aux β-lipoprotéines du sérum.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1960; 34: 1345-1353
- Separation and quantitation of subclasses of human plasma high density lipoproteins by a simple precipitation procedure.J. Lipid Res. 1982; 23: 1206-1223
- Quantitative estimation of proteins by electrophoresis in agarose gel containing antibodies.Anal. Biochem. 1966; 15: 45-52
Nilsson-Ehle P, Ekman R, Specific assays for lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase activities of post-heparin plasma. In: Peeters H, editor. Protides of biological fluids. Oxford: Permagon Press; 1978.
- Regulation of hepatic lipase and serum lipoproteins by sex steroids.Am. Heart J. 1987; 113: 562-567
- Testosterone substitution increases the activity of lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase in hypogonadal males.Atherosclerosis. 1988; 69: 191-197
- Menopause and risk factors for coronary heart disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 1989; 321: 641-646
- The relationship of total and free esrogens and sex hormone-binding globulin with lipoproteins in women.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1990; 71: 67-72
- Interrelations between sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), plasma lipoproteins and cardiovascular risk.J. Steroid Biochem. Mol. Biol. 1995; 53: 563-572
- Diurnal variation of testosterone and estradiol: a source of bias in comparative studies on breast cancer.J. Endocrinol. Invest. 1990; 13: 423-426
- Circadian variations of serum sex hormone binding globulin binding capacity in normal adult men and women.J. Steroid Biochem. 1990; 36: 111-115
- Relationship between sex hormone sbinding globulin levels and features of the metabolic syndrome.Metabolism. 2003; 52: 724-730
- Human lipoprotein lipase activity: comparison of assay methods.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1974; 54: 283-291