Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vascular dysfunction in diabetes mellitus.Lancet. 1997; 350: SI9-S13
- Flow patterns and spatial distribution of atherosclerotic lesions in human coronary arteries.Circ. Res. 1990; 66: 1045-1066
Hajra L, Evans AI, Chen M, Hyduk SJ, Collins T, Cybulsky MI. The NF-kappa B signal transduction pathway in aortic endothelial cells is primed for activation in regions predisposed to atherosclerotic lesion formation, vol. 97. PNAS 2000; 97: 9052–57.
- Atherosclerosis: basic mechanisms, oxidation.Inflamm. Genet. 1995; 91: 2488-2496
- Differential activation of NF-kappa B in human aortic endothelial cells conditioned to specific flow environments.Am. J. Physiol. 1997; 273: C572-C578
- NF-kappa B and Rel proteins: evolutionarily conserved mediators of immune responses.Annu. Rev. Immunol. 1998; 16: 225-260
- Rel/NF-kappa B/I kappa B family: Intimate tales of association and dissociation.Genes Develop. 1995; 9: 2723-2735
- Activation of nuclear factor-kappa B in cultured endothelial cells by increased glucose concentration: prevention by calphostin C.J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 1997; 30: 528-532
- Temporal gradient in shear but not steady shear stress induces PDGFA and MCP-1 expression in endothelial cells: role of NO, NF kappa B, and egr-1.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1999; 19: 996-1003
- Vascular endothelial cells respond to spatial gradients in fluid shear stress by enhanced activation of transcription factors.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1999; 19: 1825-1834
- Regulation of low shear flow-induced HAEC VCAM-1 expression and monocyte adhesion.Am. J. Physiol. 1999; 276: C1100-C1107
- Shear stress stimulates phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase at Ser 1179 by Akt-independent mechanisms: role of protein kinase A.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277: 3388-3396
- High glucose induced nuclear factor kappa B mediated inhibition of endothelial cell migration.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 162: 277-287
Xiao Z, Zhang Z, Ranjan V, Diamond SL. Shear stress induction of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is calcium-dependent but not calcium-activated. J Cell Physiol 1997;171:205–11 [published Erratum appeared in J Cell Physiol Jan 1998;174(1):144].
- Hyperglycemia inhibits endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity by post-translational modification at the Akt site.J. Clin. Invest. 2001; 108: 1341-1348
- High glucose via peroxynitrite causes tyrosine nitration and inactivation of prostacyclin synthase that is associated with thromboxane/prostaglandin H2 receptor mediated apoptosis and adhesion molecule expression in cultured human aortic endothelial cells.Diabetes. 2002; 51: 198-203
- High glucose level and free fatty acid stimulate reactive oxygen species production through protein kinase C-dependent activation of NAD(P)H oxidase in cultured vascular cells.Diabetes. 2000; 49: 1939-1945
- Constitutive nitric oxide synthase expression in retinal vascular endothelial cells is suppressed by high glucose and advanced glycation end products.Diabetes. 1998; 47: 945-952
- Hyperglycemia reduces nitric oxide synthase and glycogen synthase activity in endothelial cells.Nitric oxide. 2002; 7: 187-193
Malek AM, Izumo S, Alper SL. Modulation by pathophysiological stimuli of the shear stress-induced up-regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression in endothelial cells. Neurosurgery 1999;45:334–45.
- Constitutive NOS expression in cultured endothelial cells is elevated by fluid shear stress.Am. J. Physiol. 1995; 269: H550-H555
- Nitric oxide synthase expression in endothelial cells exposed to mechanical forces.Hypertension. 1998; 32: 351-355
- Nitric oxide synthase in atherosclerosis and vascular injury: insights from experimental gene therapy.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2000; 20: 1873-1881
- Activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells by Akt-dependent phosphorylation.Nature. 1999; 399: 601-605
- Inhibition of endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression by nitric oxide involves the induction and nuclear translocation of IkappaB-alpha.J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272: 30969-30974
- Induction and stabilization of I kappa B alpha by nitric oxide mediates inhibition of NF-kappa B.J. Biol. Chem. 1995; 270: 14214-14219
- Endotoxin-mediated S-nitrosylation of p50 alters NF-kappa B-dependent gene transcription in ANA-1 murine macrophages.J. Immunol. 1999; 162: 4101-4108
- Inhibition of NF-kappaB DNA binding by nitric oxide.Nucl. Acid Res. 1996; 24: 236-2242
- Simulated Ischemia in flow-adapted endothelial cells leads to generation of reactive oxygen species and cell signaling.Circ Res. 1999; 85: 682-689