Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Deaths: preliminary data for 2001.Nat. Vital Stat. Rep. 2003; 51: 1-45
- Hypertension and associated metabolic abnormalities: the role of insulin resistance and the sympatho-adrenal system.N. Engl. J. Med. 1996; 334: 374-381
- Hypertriglyceridemia, atherogenic dyslipidemia, and the metabolic syndrome.Am. J. Cardiol. 1998; 81: 18B-25B
- Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 683-689
- A general cardiovascular risk profile: The Framingham Study.Am. J. Cardiol. 1976; 38: 46-51
- A survey of 246 suggested coronary risk factors.Atherosclerosis. 1981; 40: 1-52
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular events: an 8-year follow-up of 14,719 initially healthy American women.Circulation. 2003; 107: 391-397
Cohen HW, Kaplan RC, Fang J, Alderman MH. Glucose interaction affects association of cholesterol with ischemic heart disease events in treated hypertensive patients. San Francisco, CA: American Society of Hypertension; 2001.
Cohen HW, Kaplan RC, Fang J, Alderman MH. Glucose–cholesterol interaction magnifies coronary heart disease risk. Asia Pacific Scientific Forum, American Heart Association on The Genomics Revolution: bench to bedside to community. In: Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference on Cardiovascular Disease and Epidemiology and Prevention. 26 April 2002, Honolulu, Hawaii.
PDAY Research Group. Relationship of atherosclerosis in young men to serum lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations and smoking: a preliminary report from Pathobiological Determinants of Atherosclerosis in Youth (PDAY) Research Group. JAMA 1990;264:3018–24.
- Relation of glycohemoglobin and adiposity to atherosclerosis in youth.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1995; 15: 431-440
- Lipid and apolipoproptein predictors of atherosclerosis in youth.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1999; 19: 753-761
- Total cholesterol/hdl cholesterol ratio vs. ldl cholesterol/hdl cholesterol ratio as indices of ischemic heart disease risk in men.Arch. Intern. Med. 2001; 161: 2685-2692
Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S. Applied logistic regression. 2nd ed. New York: Wiley; 2000. p. 147–55.
Greenland S, Rothman KJ. Concepts of interaction. In: Rothman KJ, Greenland S, editors. Modern epidemiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott/Williams & Wilkins; 1998. p. 329–42.
- Low density lipoprotein oxidation, antioxidants, and atherosclerosis.Curr. Opin. Cardiol. 2000; 15: 355-363
- Differential regulation of macrophage peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor expression by glucose: role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in lipoprotein lipase gene expression.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2000; 20: 104-110
- Advanced glycosylation end products in tissue and the biochemical basis of diabetic complications.N. Engl. J. Med. 1988; 318: 1315-1321
- Why is glycated LDL more sensitive to oxidation than native LDL? A comparative study.Prostaglandins Leukot. Essent. Fatty Acids. 2000; 63: 177-186
- Oxidative stress in leukocytes is a possible link between blood pressure, blood glucose, and C-reacting protein.Hypertension. 2002; 39: 777-780
Expert Panel on Detection Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Executive summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001;285:2486–99.
Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group. MRC/BHF heart protection study of cholesterol lowering with simvastatin in 20,536 high-risk individuals: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2002;360(9326):7–22.
- Metabolic complications of obesity.Endocrine. 2000; 13: 155-165
- Emerging epidemic of type 2 diabetes in youth.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 345-354
- Childhood and adolescent obesity.Pediatr. Clin. North Am. 2001; 48: 823-854