Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The obligatory role of endothelial cells in the relaxation of arterial smooth muscle by acetylcholine.Nature. 1980; 288: 373-376
- Role of endothelium in responses of vascular smooth muscle.Circ. Res. 1983; 53: 557-573
- Vasorelaxant properties of the endothelium-derived relaxing factor more closely resembles S-nitrosocystein than nitric oxide.Nature. 1990; 345: 161-163
- Nitric oxide release accounts the biological activity of endothelium-derived relaxing factor.Nature. 1987; 327: 524-526
- Nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes: characterization, purification, molecular cloning, and function.Hypertension. 1994; 23: 1121-1131
- The l-arginine–nitric oxide pathway.N. Engl. J. Med. 1993; 329: 2002-2012
- Cyclic GMP: synthesis, metabolism and function. Introduction and some historical comments.Adv. Pharmacol. 1994; 26: 1-5
- Indirect evidence for release of endothelium-derived relaxing factor in human forearm circulation in vivo. blunted response in essential hypertension.Circulation. 1990; 81: 1762-1767
- Role of endothelium-derived nitric oxide in the abnormal endothelium-dependent vascular relaxation of patents with essential hypertension.Circulation. 1993; 87: 1468-1474
Panza JA, Quyyumi AA, Brush JE Jr, Epstein SE. Abnormal endothelium-dependent vascular relaxation in patents with essential hypertension. N Eng J Med 1990;323:22–27.
- Relationship of diastolic blood pressure with cyclic GMP excretion among young adults (the CARDIA study): influence of a family history of hypertension. Coronary artery risk development in young adults.J. Hypertens. 1997; 15: 955-962
- Influence of blood pressure, heart rate, age, and sex on concentrations of atrial natriuretic factor and cyclic GMP in 124 volunteers.Clin. Chem. 1989; 35: 1519-1523
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition, but not calcium antagonism, improves a response of the renal vasculature to l-arginine in patients with essential hypertension.Hypertension. 1998; 32: 16-24
- Restoration of nitric oxide availability after calcium antagonist treatment in essential hypertension.Hypertension. 2001; 37: 943-948
- The regulation of superoxide generation and nitric oxide synthesis by C-reactive protein.Immunology. 1998; 94: 560-568
- Recommendations for human blood pressure determination by sphygmomanometers: Subcommittee of the AHA Postgraduate Education Committee.Circulation. 1980; 62: 1146A-1155A
Hollenberg NK. Summary of the Joint National Committee (JNC)-V and WHO/International Society of Hypertension (ISH) special reports. In: Hollenberg NK, Braunwald E, editors. Hypertension: mechanisms and therapy, in atlas of heart disease, vol. 1. Philadelphia: Current Medicine; 1995. p. 13.1–16.
- Evaluation of ophthalmoscopic changes of hypertension and arteriosclerosis.Arch. Ophthalmol. 1953; 49: 117-138
Rose GA, Blackburn H. Cardiovascular survey methods. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1968.
- Alcohol intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease in middle-aged Japanese men.Stroke. 1995; 26: 767-773
- Serum triglycerides and risk of coronary heart disease among Japanese men and women.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2001; 153: 490-499
- Biochemical evidence for impaired nitric oxide synthesis in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease.Circulation. 1997; 95: 2068-2074
- The role of nitric oxide in deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt hypertensive rats.Jpn. J. Nephrol. 1999; 41 (In Japanese): 43-48
- Crucial role of endothelium in the vasodilator response to increased flow in vivo.Hypertension. 1986; 8: 37-44
- Flow-induced release of endothelium-derived relaxing factor.Am. J. Physiol. 1986; 250: H1145-H1149
- Impaired guanosine 3′,5′-cyclic phosphate production in severe pregnancy-induced hypertension with high plasma levels of atrial and brain natriuretic peptides.Endocr. J. 1997; 44: 389-393
- Failure of l-arginine to induce hypotension in patients with a history of accelerated-malignant hypertension.J. Hum. Hypertens. 2000; 14: 485-488