Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Homocysteine and vascular disease.Lancet. 1999; 354: 407-413
- Homocysteine and atherothrombosis.New Engl. J. Med. 1998; 338: 1042-1050
- Homocystein(e) and cardiovascular disease: a critical review of the epidemiologic evidence.Ann. Intern. Med. 1999; 131: 363-375
- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease: current evidence and future prospects.Am. J. Med. 2002; 112: 556-565
The Homocysteine Studies Collaboration. Homocysteine and risk of ischemic heart disease and stroke. A meta-analysis. J Am Med Assoc 2002;288:2015–22.
- Lipid-lowering drugs and homocysteine.Lancet. 1999; 353: 209-210
- Serum homocysteine increases after therapy with fenofibrate or bezafibrate.Lancet. 1999; 354: 219-220
- Homocysteine and lipid lowering agents. A comparison between atorvastatin and fenofibrate in patients with mixed hyperlipidemia.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 154: 421-427
- Angiographic assessment of effects of bezafibrate on progression of coronary artery disease in young male postinfarction patients.Lancet. 1996; 347: 849-853
- Prevention of the angiographic progression of coronary and vein-graft atherosclerosis by gemfibrozil after coronary bypass surgery in men with low levels of HDL cholesterol.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2137-2143
Diabetes Atherosclerosis Intervention Study Investigators. Effect of fenofibrate on progression of coronary-artery disease in type 2 diabetes: the Diabetes Atherosclerosis Intervention Study, a randomised study. Lancet 2001;375:905–10.
- Helsinki Heart Study: primary-prevention trial with gemfibrozil in middle-aged men with dyslipidemia: safety of treatment, changes in risk factors, and incidence of coronary heart disease.New Engl. J. Med. 1987; 317: 1237-1245
- Gemfibrozil for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease in men with low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.New Engl. J. Med. 1999; 341: 410-418
- Effects of fenofibrate and gemfibrozil on plasma homocysteine.Lancet. 2001; 358: 39-40
- Intermediate homocysteinemia: a thermolabile variant of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1988; 43: 414-421
- A candidate genetic risk factor for vascular disease: a common mutation in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase.Nat. Genet. 1995; 10: 111-113
- A study to determine the response of coronary atherosclerosis to raising low HDL cholesterol with a fibric-acid derivative in men after coronary bypass surgery: the rationale, design, and baseline characteristics of the LOCAT study.Control Clin. Trials. 1997; 18: 93-119
- Associations between lipoproteins and the progression of coronary and vein-graft atherosclerosis in a controlled trial with gemfibrozil in men with low baseline levels of HDL cholesterol.Circulation. 1998; 98: 1993-1999
- A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells.Nucleic Acids Res. 1988; 16: 1215
- Electrophoresis for genotyping: microtiter array diagonal gel electrophoresis on horizontal polyacrylamide gels, hydrolink, or agarose.Anal. Biochem. 1994; 222: 389-395
- The effect of C677T and A1298C polymorphisms in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene on homocysteine levels in elderly men and women from the British regional heart study.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 154: 659-666
- Accuracy and precision of quantitative arteriography in the evaluation of coronary artery disease after coronary bypass surgery: a validation study.Int. J. Vasc. Imaging. 1994; 10: 243-252
- Consensus for the use of fibrates in the treatment of dyslipoproteinemia and coronary heart disease.Am. J. Cardiol. 1998; 81: 912-917
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha activators regulate genes governing lipoprotein metabolism, vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 1999; 10: 245-257
- Drugs affecting homocysteine metabolism: impact on cardiovascular risk.Drugs. 2002; 62: 605-616
- Plasma homocysteine levels and mortality in patients with coronary artery disease.New Engl. J. Med. 1997; 337: 230-236
- C677T (thermolabile alanine/valine) polymorphism in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR): its frequency and impact on plasma homocysteine concentration in different European populations.Atherosclerosis. 1998; 136: 347-354
- Common methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutation leads to hyperhomocysteinemia but not to vascular disease.Circulation. 1998; 98: 2520-2526
- Gene–environment and gene–gene interaction in the determination of plasma homocysteine levels in healthy middle-aged men.Thromb. Haemost. 2001; 85: 67-74