Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Barker DJP. Mothers, babies and disease in later life. 1st ed. London, UK: BMJ Publishing Group; 1994.
- Influence of maternal hypercholesterolemia during pregnancy on progression of early atherosclerotic lesions in childhood: fate of early lesions in children (FELIC) study.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1234-1240
- The origins and roles of cholesterol and fatty acids in the fetus.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2000; 12: 305-312
- Biochemical indices of nutritional status in maternal.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1982; 36: 630-642
- Studies of lipoproteins and fatty acids in maternal and cord blood of two racial groups of Trinidad.Lipids. 1987; 22: 173-177
- Influence of maternal serum lipids and maternal diet during the third trimester of pregnancy on umbilical cord blood lipids in two populations of Spanish newborns.Int. J. Vit. Nutr. Res. 1995; 66: 250-257
- Factors affecting the lipid and lipoprotein levels in cord sera.Pediatr. Res. 1983; 17: 83-91
- Cord blood lipoprotein-cholesterol: relationship with birth weight and gestational age of newborns.Metabolism. 1989; 38: 435-438
- Apolipoprotein E phenotypes and serum lipids in newborns and 3-year-old children; the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 489-493
- Polymorphism of apolipoprotein E influences levels of serum apolipoprotein E and B in the human neonates.Eur. J. Clin. Invest. 1989; 19: 390-394
- Unique character and metabolism of high density lipoprotein (HDL) in fetus.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 161: 215-223
- Influence of PvuII (intron 6) polymorphism of the lipoprotein lipase gene on cord plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels in Indian and Chinese newborns of Singapore.Pediatr. Res. 1998; 43: 240-244
- Low density lipoprotein subfractions during pregnancy: accumulation of boyant LDL with advancing gestation.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2000; 85: 4543-4550
- Apolipoprotein E: from atherosclerosis to Alzheimer’s disease and beyond.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 1999; 10: 207-217
- Apolipoprotein C-I and C-III as important modulators of lipoprotein metabolism.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2001; 12: 297-304
- Functional variants in the lipoprotein lipase gene and risk of cardiovascular disease.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 1999; 10: 393-399
Waterworth DM, Ribalta J, Nicaud V, Dallongeville J, Humphries SE, Talmud, on behalf of the EARS Group. ApoC-III gene variants modulate postprandial response to both glucose and fat tolerance tests. Circulation 1999;99:1872–7.
- High-throughput method for determination of apolipoprotein E genotypes with use of restriction digestion analysis by microplate array diagonal gel electrophoresis.Clin. Chem. 1995; 41: 1599-1604
- DNA variants at the LPL gene locus associate with angiographically defined severity of atherosclerosis and serum lipoprotein levels in a Welsh population.Arterioscler. Thromb. 1994; 14: 1090-1097
- Detection of maternal DNA in umbilical cord blood by polymerase chain reaction amplification of minisatellite sequence.Bone Marrow Transplant. 1998; 21: 1097-1099
- PCR quantification of fetal cells in maternal blood in normal and aneuploid pregnancies.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1997; 61: 822-829
- Race and gender difference in cord blood lipoproteins.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 148: 57-65
Armitage P, Berry G. Statistical methods in medical research. 2nd ed. London, UK: Blackwell Scientific Publications; 1987.
Hardl DL, Clark AG. Principles of population genetics. 3rd ed. Sunderland, MA, USA: Sinauer Associates Inc.; 1997.
- Association of the Sst-I polymorphism at the APOC3 gene locus with variations in lipid levels.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 158: 173-181
- Allele specific differences in apolipoprotein C-III mRNA expression in human liver.Clin. Chem. 1999; 45: 331-339
- Variation of the apoAI/CIII/AIV gene complex is associated with elevated plasma levels of apoCIII.Atherosclerosis. 1991; 87: 239-247
- Expression of mouse alpha-macroglobulins, lipoprotein receptor related protein, LDL receptor, apolipoprotein E, and lipoprotein lipase in pregnancy.J. Lipid Res. 1995; 36: 1774-1786
- Lipoprotein lipase.Placenta. 1997; 18: 707-715
- Lipoprotein lipase and apoE polymorphisms: relationship to hypertriglyceridemia during pregnancy.J. Lipid Res. 2001; 42: 1905-1912
- Apolipoprotein and lipid composition of plasma lipoproteins in newborns during the first month of life.Pediatr. Res. 1986; 20: 324-328
Tint GS, Irons M, Elias ER. Defective cholesterol biosynthesis associated with the Smith–Lemli–Opitz syndrome. N. Eng. J. Med. 1994;330:107–13.
- Maternal high density lipoproteins affect fetal mass and extra-embryonic fetal tissue sterol metabolism in the mouse.J. Lipid. Res. 2000; 41: 424-432
- Actions of placental and fetal adrenal steroid hormones in primate pregnancy.Endocr. Rev. 1995; 16: 608-649
- Correlation of hormones with lipid and lipoprotein levels during normal pregnancy and postpartum.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1987; 64: 704-712
- Effects of reduced maternal lipoprotein cholesterol availability on placental progesterone biosynthesis in the Baboon.Endocrinology. 1997; 138: 1385-1391
- Association of endogenous steroid levels with high and low density lipoprotein concentrations in the human maternal-fetoplacental unit at term.J. Reprod. Med. 1996; 41: 91-99
- Inverse relation between low density lipoprotein cholesterol and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate in human fetal plasma.Science. 1980; 208: 513-514
- Cord blood hypertriglyceridemia as an index of fetal stress: use of a simple screening test and results of further biochemical analysis.Br. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1978; 85: 303-310
- Fatty streak formation occurs in fetal aortas and its greatly enhanced by maternal hypercholesterolemia: intimal accumulations of LDL and its oxydation precede monocyte recruitment into early atherosclerosis lesions.J. Clin. Invest. 1997; 100: 2680-2690
- Intracranial arteries of human fetuses are more resistant to hypercholesterolemia-induced fatty streak formation than extracranial arteries.Circulation. 1999; 99: 2003-2010
- Tracking serum cholesterol and lipoprotein levels from the first year.Pediatrics. 1993; 91: 949-954
- The Bogalusa Study. Serum lipids and lipoproteins.Pediatrics. 1987; 80: 789-796