Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in acute coronary heart disease mortality, morbidity, and medical care from 1985 through 1997: the Minnesota heart survey.Circulation. 2001; 104: 19-24
American Heart Association, 2000 heart and stroke statistical update. American Heart Association Dallas: American Heart Association, 2000. p. 1–10.
NIH CC. Lowering cholesterol to prevent heart disease. J Am Med Assoc 1985;253:2080–86.
- Rationale of the diet–heart statement of the American Heart Association.Arteriosclerosis. 1982; 4: 177-191
- Gene–diet interaction and plasma lipid response to dietary intervention.Curr. Atheroscler. Rep. 2001; 3: 200-208
- Low-density-lipoprotein subclasses and response to a low-fat diet in healthy men.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1995; 62: 478S-487S
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms on responsiveness to dietary fat and cholesterol.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 72: 1275S-1284
- Individual variation in the effects of dietary cholesterol on plasma lipoproteins and cellular cholesterol homeostasis in man. Studies of low density lipoprotein receptor activity and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase activity in blood mononuclear cells.J. Clin. Invest. 1981; 67: 493-502
- Plasma lipid and lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in adult males consuming normal and high cholesterol diets under controlled conditions.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1981; 34: 1103-1108
- Reproducibility of the variations between humans in the response of serum cholesterol to cessation of egg consumption.Atherosclerosis. 1985; 57: 19-31
- Existence of consistent hypo- and hyperresponders to dietary cholesterol in man.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1986; 123: 221-234
- Dietary fat and serum lipids: an evaluation of the experimental data.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1993; 57: 875-883
- Plasma lipid and lipoprotein responses to dietary fat and cholesterol: a meta-analysis.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1997; 65: 1747-1764
- Review of human studies evaluating individual dietary responsiveness in patients with hypercholesterolemia.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1995; 62: 471S-477S
- Heredity and changes in plasma lipids and lipoproteins after short-term exercise training in men.Arteriosclerosis. 1988; 8: 402-409
- Genotype-influenced changes in serum HDL cholesterol after short-term overfeeding in man: association with plasma insulin and triglyceride levels.Metabolism. 1987; 36: 363-368
- The response to long-term overfeeding in identical twins.N. Engl. J. Med. 1990; 322: 1477-1482
- The Canadian nutrient file.J. Can. Diet. Assoc. 1984; 45: 52-55
Behnke AR, Wilmore JH. Evaluation and regulation of body build and composition. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, 1974.
- The gross composition of the body.Adv. Biol. Med. Phys. 1956; 4: 239-290
- Volume of the lung determined by helium dilution.J. Clin. Invest. 1949; 28: 129-139
- Assessment of adipose tissue distribution by computed axial tomography in obese women: association with body density and anthropometric measurements.Br. J. Nutr. 1989; 61: 139-148
- The distribution and chemical composition of ultracentrifugally separated lipoproteins in human serum.J. Clin. Invest. 1955; 34: 1345-1353
- Sur un dosage rapide du cholestérol lié aux B-lipoprotéines du sérum.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1960; 5: 609-610
- Plasma triglycerides related decrease in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and its association with myocardial infarction in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.Metabolism. 1986; 35: 311-316
- Separation and quantitation of subclasses of human plasma high density lipoproteins by a simple precipitation procedure.J. Lipid Res. 1982; 23: 1206-1223
- Quantitative estimation of proteins by electrophoresis in agarose gel containing antibodies.Anal. Biochem. 1966; 15: 45-52
- Increase in plasma high-density lipoprotein concentration following complete androgen blockage in men with prostatic carcinoma.Metabolism. 1987; 36: 244-250
Haggard EA. Intraclass correlation and the analysis of variance. New York: Dryden, 1958. p. 44–72.
- Family aggregation of high density lipoprotein cholesterol. Collaborative lipid research clinics program family study.Arteriosclerosis. 1983; 3: 616-626
- The association of total cholesterol, triglycerides and plasma lipoprotein cholesterol levels in first degree relatives and spouse pairs.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1979; 110: 313-321
- The Cincinnati Lipid Research Clinic family study: cultural and biological determinants of lipids and lipoprotein concentrations.Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1982; 34: 888-903
- Genetic and environmental determinants of serum lipids and lipoproteins in French Canadian families.Arteriosclerosis. 1989; 9: 308-318
- Genetic and environmental contributions to cardiovascular risk factors in Mexican Americans. The San Antonio family heart study.Circulation. 1996; 94: 2159-2170
- The Ser447-Ter mutation of the lipoprotein lipase gene relates to variability of serum lipid and lipoprotein levels in monozygotic twins.J. Lipid Res. 1998; 39: 437-441
- Sib-pair linkage analysis of longitudinal changes in lipoprotein risk factors and lipase genes in women twins.J. Lipid Res. 2000; 41: 1302-1309
Canadian Consensus Conference on Cholesterol: final report. The Canadian Consensus Conference on the Prevention of Heart and Vascular Disease by Altering Serum Cholesterol and Lipoprotein Risk Factors. CMAJ 1988;139:1–8.
- Effect of addition of exercise to therapeutic lifestyle changes diet in enabling women and men with coronary heart disease to reach Adult Treatment Panel III low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal without lowering high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.Am. J. Cardiol. 2002; 89: 1201-1204
- Treatment for patients with the metabolic syndrome.Am. J. Cardiol. 2003; 91: 29-39
- Plasma lipid and lipoprotein responsiveness to dietary fat and cholesterol in premenopausal African American and white women.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 72: 56-63
- The relationship of dietary cholesterol to serum cholesterol concentration and to atherosclerosis in man.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1979; 32: 2664-2702
- Current concepts in genetics. The genetic hyperlipidemias.N. Engl. J. Med. 1976; 294: 823-827
- Fish oils and plasma lipid and lipoprotein metabolism in humans: a critical review.J. Lipid Res. 1989; 30: 785-807
- Apolipoprotein E isoform phenotype and LDL subclass response to a reduced-fat diet.Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1995; 15: 105-111
- Genes, variation of cholesterol and fat intake and serum lipids.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 1999; 10: 15-22
- Heterogeneity of cholesterol homeostasis in man. Response to changes in dietary fat quality and cholesterol quantity.J. Clin. Invest. 1987; 79: 1729-1739
- Common variants in the gene encoding ATP-binding cassette transporter 1 in men with low HDL cholesterol levels and coronary heart disease.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 154: 607-611
- Regulation of low-density lipoprotein receptors: implications for pathogenesis and therapy of hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis.Circulation. 1987; 76: 504-507
- Epidemiology of coronary heart disease: the Framingham study.Am. J. Med. 1984; 76: 4-12
- Apoproteins: determinants of lipoprotein metabolism and indices of coronary risk.Br. Heart J. 1984; 51: 585-588
- Genetic factors affecting blood lipoproteins: the candidate gene approach.J. Lipid Res. 1988; 29: 397-429
- Genetics of lipoprotein abnormalities associated with coronary artery disease susceptibility.Annu. Rev. Genet. 2000; 34: 233-254
- Variants in the cholesterol ester transfer protein and lipoprotein lipase genes are predictors of plasma cholesterol response to dietary change.Atherosclerosis. 2000; 152: 327-336