Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis: an inflammatory disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- Immune mechanisms in atherosclerosis.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2001; 21: 1876-1890
- Circulating markers of inflammation and atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2003; 169: 203-214
- Association of fibrinogen, C-reactive protein, albumin, or leukocyte count with coronary heart disease: meta-analyses of prospective studies.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 1998; 279: 1477-1482
Hoffman M, Blum A, Baruch R, Kaplan E, Benjamin M. Leukocytes and coronary heart disease. Atherosclerosis 2004;172:1–6.
- White blood cell count is associated with some features of metabolic syndrome in a very old population.Nutr. Metab. Cardiovasc. Dis. 2001; 11: 221-226
- White blood cell count and clustered features of metabolic syndrome in Japanese male office workers.Occup. Med. (Lond.). 2002; 52: 213-218
Expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults. Executive summary of the third report of the NCEP expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). J Am Med Assoc 2001;285:2486–97.
- Carotid atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease in the metabolic syndrome: prospective data from the Bruneck study.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 1251-1257
- The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2002; 288: 2709-2716
- Metabolic syndrome: major impact on coronary risk in a population with low cholesterol levels: a prospective and cross-sectional evaluation.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 165: 285-292
Tanigawa T, Kitamura A, Yamagishi K, et al. Relationships of differential leukocyte and lymphocyte sub-populations with carotid atherosclerosis in elderly men. J Clin Immnunol 2003;23:469–76.
- Waist circumference as a measure for indicating need for weight management.Br. Med. J. 1995; 311: 158-161
- Human naive and memory T in healthy subjects. Met cells: reinterpretation of helper–inducer and suppressor–inducer subsets.Immunol. Today. 1988; 9: 195-199
- Influence of obesity on immune function.J. Am. Diet Assoc. 1999; 99: 294-299
- White blood cell count and hypertension incidence. The NHANES I Epidemiologic Follow-up Study.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 911-919
- Postprandial leukocyte increase abolism. 2003; 52: 199-202
- The white blood cell count: its relationship to plasma insulin and other cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male individuals.J. Intern. Med. 1996; 239: 435-441
- Chronic subclinical inflammation as part of the insulin resistance syndrome: the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study (IRAS).Circulation. 2000; 102: 42-47
- T lymphocytes in human atherosclerotic plaques are memory cells expressing CD45RO and the integrin VLA-1.Arterioscler. Thromb. 1992; 12: 206-211
Zhou X, Nicoletti A, Elhage R, Hansson GK. Transfer of CD4+ T cells aggravates atherosclerosis in immunodeficient apolipoprotein E knockout mice. Circulation 2000;102:2919–22.
- Cytokine expression in advanced human atherosclerotic plaques: dominance of pro-inflammatory (Th1) and macrophage-stimulating cytokines.Atherosclerosis. 1999; 145: 33-43
- T helper type 1 lymphocytes drive inflammation in human atherosclerotic lesions.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2003; 100: 6658-6663
- Leukocytosis in rabbits with diet-induced atherosclerosis.Arterioscler. Thromb. 1991; 11: 985-994
- Elevated white blood cell count and carotid plaque thickness: the northern Manhattan stroke study.Stroke. 2001; 32: 842-849
- Cigarette smoking and leukocyte sub-populations in men.Ann. Epidemiol. 1996; 6: 299-306
- Smoking status and differential white cell count in men and women in the EPIC-Norfolk population.Atherosclerosis. 2003; 169: 331-337
- The effects of cigarette smoking on T cell subsets. A population-based survey of healthy caucasians.Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1989; 139: 1446-1451
- Smoking, CD45RO+ (memory), and CD45RA+ (naive) CD4+ T cells.Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 1993; 148: 237-240
- Increase in memory (CD4+CD29+ and CD4+CD45RO+T) and naı̈ve (CD4+CD45RA+T) cell sub-populations in smokers.Arch. Environ. Health. 1998; 53: 378-383
- Effects of tobacco glycoprotein (TGP) on the immune system. II. TGP stimulates the proliferation of human T cells and the differentiation of human B cells into Ig secreting cells.J. Immunol. 1988; 140: 1823-1829
- Interleukin-6 as a central mediator of cardiovascular risk associated with chronic inflammation, smoking, diabetes, and visceral obesity: down-regulation with essential fatty acids, ethanol and pentoxifylline.Med. Hypotheses. 1999; 52: 465-477