Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Studien ueber das hypertonie-hyperglykämie-hyperurikämiesyndrom.Zentralblatt fuer Innere Medizin. 1923; 44: 105-127
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diab. Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
National Institutes of Health. Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Executive Summary. NIH Publication No. 01-3670, 2001.
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among US adults: findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.JAMA. 2002; 287: 356-359
- A comparison of the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome using two proposed definitions.Diab. Care. 2003; 26: 575-581
- Components of the metabolic syndrome and risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in beaver dam.Diab. Care. 2002; 25: 1790-1794
- Components of the “metabolic syndrome” and incidence of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes. 2002; 51: 3120-3127
- Metabolic syndrome and development of diabetes mellitus: application and validation of recently suggested definitions of the metabolic syndrome in a prospective cohort study.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2002; 156: 1070-1077
- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular disease in nondiabetic American Indians: the strong heart study.Diab. Care. 2003; 26: 861-867
- Syndrome X and mortality: a population-based study. Risk Factor and Life Expectancy Research Group.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1998; 148: 958-966
- Clustering of metabolic factors and coronary heart disease.Arch. Int. Med. 1999; 159: 1104-1109
- Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome.Diab. Care. 2001; 24: 683-689
- Metabolic syndrome: major impact on coronary risk in a population with low cholesterol levels—a prospective and cross-sectional evaluation.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 165: 285-292
- The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2709-2716
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular events: an 8-year follow-up of 14 719 initially healthy American women.Circulation. 2003; 107: 391-397
National Center for Health Statistics. Plan and operation of the second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1976–80. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 81-1317. Vital Health Stat 1981;1(15).
Centers for Disease Control. Laboratory procedures used by the Clinical Chemistry Division, Centers for Disease Control, for the Second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES II), 1976–1980. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control, 1981.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Plan and operation of the NHANES II Mortality Study 1992. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 99-1314. Vital Health Stat 1999;1(38).
- Waist circumference and obesity-associated risk factors among whites in the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: clinical action thresholds.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2002; 76: 743-749
Shah BV, Barnwell BG, Bieler GS. SUDAAN User’s Manual, Version 7.5. Research Triangle Park, NC: Research Triangle Institute, 1997.
The Pooling Project Research Group. Relationship of blood pressure, serum cholesterol, smoking habit, relative weight and ECG abnormalities to incidence of major coronary events: final report of the pooling project. J Chronic Dis 1978;31:201–306.
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. Four prospective American studies.Circulation. 1989; 79: 8-15
- Do triglycerides provide meaningful information about heart disease risk?.Arch. Int. Med. 2000; 160: 1937-1944
- The relationship between glucose and incident cardiovascular events. A metaregression analysis of published data from 20 studies of 95,783 individuals followed for 12.4 years.Diab. Care. 1999; 22: 233-240
BMI in Diverse Populations Collaborative Group. Effect of smoking on the body mass index–mortality relation: empirical evidence from 15 studies. Am J Epidemiol 1999;150:1297–308.