Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Heart and stroke facts: statistical update, 2003.
- The new conundrum: do estrogens have any cardiovascular benefits?.Int J Fertil Womens Med. 2002; 47: 61-68
- Estrogen replacement therapy: indications and complications.Ann Int Med. 1983; 98: 195-205
- Phytoestrogens and cardiovascular health.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 1403-1410
Cunnane SC, Thompson LU, editors. Flaxseed in human nutrition. Champaign, IL: AOCS Press, 1995.
- Nutritional and hematological impact of dietary flaxseed and defatted flaxseed meal in rats.Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2000; 51: 109-117
- Chemical and nutritional studies of flaxseed variety Linott in rats.J Nutr Biochem. 1992; 3: 232-240
- Nutritional attributes of traditional flaxseed in healthy young adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 61: 62-68
- Reducing atherogenic risk in hyperlipemic humans with flax seed supplementation: a preliminary report.J Am Coll Nutr. 1993; 12: 501-504
- Health aspects of partially defatted flaxseed, including effects on serum lipids, oxidative measures, and ex vivo androgen and progestin activity: a controlled crossover trial.Am J Clin Nutr. 1999; 69: 395-402
- Flaxseed improves lipid profile without altering biomarkers of bone metabolism in postmenopausal women.Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 1527-1532
- Dietary flax seed in prevention of hypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 1997; 132: 69-76
- Reduction of serum cholesterol and hypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis in rabbits by secoisolariciresinol diglucoside isolated from flaxseed.Circulation. 1999; 99: 1355-1362
- Reduction of hypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis by CDC-flaxseed with very low alpha-linolenic acid.Atherosclerosis. 1998; 136: 367-375
- Ethanol-extracted soy protein isolate does not modulate serum cholesterol in Golden Syrian hamsters: a model of postmenopausal hypercholesterolemia.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 211-214
- Soy isoflavones prevent ovariectomy-induced hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerotic lesions in Golden Syrian hamsters.J North Am. Menopause Soc. 2003; 10: 314-321
- The hypercholesterolemic effect of dietary soybean protein vs casein in hamsters fed cholesterol enriched or cholesterol-free semipurified diets.J Nutr. 1991; 121: 944-947
- A new color reaction for the quantitation of serum cholesterol.Clin Chim Acta. 1960; 5: 192-199
- A simple method for isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissue.J Biol Chem. 1957; 226: 497-509
- n-3 fatty acids and serum lipoproteins: animal studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 65: 1611S-1616S
- Ovariectomized hamster: a potential model of postmenopausal hypercholesterolemia.J Nutr Biochem. 1999; 10: 660-663
- Alpha-linolenic acid in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.World Rev Nutr Diet. 2001; 88: 79-85
- Synthesis and hypolipidemic activity of diesters of arylnaphthalene lignan and their heteroaromatic analogs.Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1997; 45: 678-684
Sanghvi A, Diwen WF, Seltman H, Inhibition of rat liver cholesterol 7-alpha hydroxylase acyl CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase activities by enterodiol and enterolactone. In: Krietchevsky D, editors, Proceedings of the Symposium on Drugs Affecting Lipid Metabolism. New York: Plenum Press, 1984. p. 311–22.
- Differential effects of dietary flaxseed protein and soy protein on plasma triglyceride and uric acid levels in animal models.J Nutr Biochem. 2002; 13: 684-689
- Dietary flaxseed meal is more protective than soy protein concentrate against hypertriglyceridemia and steatosis of the liver in an animal model of obesity.J Am Coll Nutr. 2003; 2: 157-164
- Cholesterol in health and disease.J Clin Invest. 2002; 110: 583-590