Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality associated with the metabolic syndrome.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 683-689
- The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2002; 288: 2709-2716
- Syndrome X and mortality: a population-based study. Risk Factor and Life Expectancy Research Group.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1998; 148: 958-966
- The metabolic syndrome influences the risk of chronic complications in patients with type II diabetes.Diabetologia. 2001; 44: 1148-1154
- NCEP-defined metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and prevalence of coronary heart disease among NHANES III participants age 50 years and older.Diabetes. 2003; 52: 1210-1214
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and risk of incident cardiovascular events: an 8-year follow-up of 14 719 initially healthy American women.Circulation. 2003; 107: 391-397
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among US adults: findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2002; 287: 356-359
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in drug-treated hypertensive patients and control subjects.J. Intern. Med. 1999; 245: 163-174
- Development of the multiple metabolic syndrome: an epidemiologic perspective.Epidemiol. Rev. 1998; 20: 157-172
- Second Manifestations of Arterial Disease (SMART) study: rationale and design.Eur. J. Epidemiol. 1999; 15: 773-781
Executive summary of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). J Am Med Assoc 2001;285:2486–97.
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. 1. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diabet. Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
- Clustering of procoagulation, inflammation, and fibrinolysis variables with metabolic factors in insulin resistance syndrome.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2000; 152: 897-907
- A comparison of the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome using two proposed definitions.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 575-581
- Microalbuminuria: marker of vascular dysfunction, risk factor for cardiovascular disease.Vasc. Med. 2002; 7: 35-43
- Elevated urinary albumin excretion is associated with impaired arterial dilatory capacity in clinically healthy subjects.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1869-1874
- Development of the multiple metabolic syndrome in the ARIC cohort: joint contribution of insulin, BMI, and WHR. Atherosclerosis in communities.Ann. Epidemiol. 1997; 7: 407-416