Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Genetic variation in alcohol dehydrogenase and the beneficial effect of moderate alcohol consumption on myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 549-555
- Moderate alcohol intake and lower risk of coronary heart disease: meta-analysis of effects on lipids and haemostatic factors.BMJ. 1999; 319: 1523-1528
- Frequency of alcohol consumption and morbidity and mortality: The Yugoslavia Cardiovascular Disease Study.Lancet. 1980; 1: 613-616
- Alcohol consumption: protection against coronary heart disease and risks to health.Int J Epidemiol. 1990; 19: 923-930
- Wine, alcohol, platelets, and the French paradox for coronary heart disease.Lancet. 1992; 339: 1523-1526
- Follow up study of moderate alcohol intake and mortality among middle-aged men in Shanghai, China.BMJ. 1997; 314: 18-23
- How much alcohol and how often? Population based case-control study of alcohol consumption and risk of a major coronary event..BMJ. 1997; 314: 1159-1164
- Alcohol intake and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 1999; 8: 353-357
- Isozymes of human liver alcohol dehydrogenase.Isozymes Curr Top Biol Med Res. 1983; 8: 219-244
- The gamma 1 and gamma 2 subunits of human liver alcohol dehydrogenase. cDNA structures, two amino acid replacements, and compatibility with changes in the enzymatic properties.Eur J Biochem. 1986; 159: 215-218
- Essential role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in insulin-induced activation and phosphorylation of the cGMP-inhibited cAMP phosphodiesterase in rat adipocytes. Studies using the selective inhibitor wortmannin.FEBS Lett. 1994; 350: 314-318
- Genetic polymorphism of enzymes of alcohol metabolism and susceptibility to alcoholic liver disease.Mol Aspects Med. 1988; 10: 147-158
- Light-to-moderate alcohol consumption and mortality in the Physicians’ Health Study enrollment cohort.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 96-105
- ADH genotype does not modify the effects of alcohol on high-density lipoprotein.Clin Exp Res. 2003; 27: 509-514
- The effects of quality and timing of venepuncture on markers of blood coagulation in healthy middle-aged men.Thromb Haemost. 1995; 73: 82-86
- Increased activation of the haemostatic system in men at high risk of fatal coronary heart disease.Thromb Haemost. 1996; 75: 767-771
Medical Research Council's Committee on Chronic Bronchitis and Questionaire on Respiratory Symptoms; 1995.
Medical Council on Alcohol Handbook. 3rd; 2003.
Prineas RJ, Crow RS, Blackburn H. The Minnesota Code Manual of Electrocardiographic Findings: standards and procedures for measurement and classification; 1982.
- Comparison of novel hemostatic factors and conventional risk factors for prediction of coronary heart disease.Circulation. 2000; 102: 2816-2822
- Genetic and environmental determinants of plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein AI concentrations in healthy middle-aged men.Ann Hum Genet. 2002; 66: 111-124
- A simple salting-out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells.Nucleic Acids Res. 1988; 16: 1215
- Improved methods for genotype determination of human alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) at ADH 2 and ADH 3 loci by using polymerase chain reaction-directed mutagenesis.Clin Chem. 1990; 36: 1765-1768
- Electrophoresis for genotyping: Microtiter array diagonal gel electrophoresis on horizontal polyacrylamide gels, hydrolink, or agarose.Anal Biochem. 1994; 222: 389-395
- Alcohol dehydrogenase isozymes in adult human stomach and liver: evidence for activity of the ADH 3 locus.Ann Hum Genet. 1972; 35: 243-253
- Sequence of alcohol-induced initial changes in plasma lipoproteins (VLDL and HDL) and lipolytic enzymes in humans.Metabolism. 1985; 34: 112-119
- The mammalian alcohol dehydrogenases interact in several metabolic pathways.Chem Biol Interact. 2003; 143–144: 175-181
- Methodological issues in measuring alcohol use.Alcohol Res Health. 2003; 27: 18-29
- Effects of alcohol and the evening meal on shear-induced platelet aggregation and urinary excretion of prostanoids.Alcohol Alcohol. 2000; 35: 594-600
- Research advances in ethanol metabolism.Pathol Biol (Paris). 2001; 49: 676-682