Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2006 update: a report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee.Circulation. 2006; 113 (e85-151)
- The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2709-2716
- Diabetes and diabetes risk factors in second- and third-generation Japanese Americans in Seattle, Washington.Diab Res Clin Pract. 1994; 24 (S43-52)
- Disturbances of glucose and lipid metabolism in first and second generation Japanese–Brazilians.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1996; 34 (S59-63)
- Prevalence and 7-year incidence of Type II diabetes mellitus in a Japanese–Brazilian population: an alarming public health problem.Diabetologia. 2002; 45: 1635-1638
- Analysis of criteria for metabolic syndrome in a population-based study of Japanese–Brazilians.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2005; 7: 352-359
- Glucose intolerance and all-cause mortality in Japanese migrants.Diab Res Clin Pract. 2005; 68: 147-154
- Changes in risk factors and the decline in mortality from cardiovascular disease. The Framingham Heart Study.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1635-1641
- Diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors: the Framingham study.Circulation. 1979; 59: 8-13
- Metabolic syndrome—a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes Federation.Diab Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diab Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
- Serum uric acid and cardiovascular disease: recent developments, and where do they leave us?.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 816-826
- Homocysteine and risk of ischemic heart disease and stroke: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2015-2022
- Elevated plasma homocysteine level is an independent predictor of coronary heart disease events in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140: 94-100
- Atherosclerosis—an inflammatory disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- Atherosclerosis and autoimmunity.Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1994; 73: 155-167
- Presence of a modified low density lipoprotein in humans.Arteriosclerosis. 1988; 8: 79-87
- Are anti-oxidized low-density lipoprotein antibodies pathogenic or protective?.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2552-2558
- Markers of inflammation and cardiovascular disease: application to clinical and public health practice: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2003; 107: 499-511
- Rapid and accurate HPLC assay for plasma total homocysteine and cysteine in a clinical laboratory setting.Clin Chem. 1999; 45: 290-292
- Minimally modified electronegative LDL and its autoantibodies in acute and chronic coronary syndromes.Clin Biochem. 2006; 39: 708-714
The Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001; 285:2486–97.
Steering Committee of the Western Pacific Region of the World Health Organization. The International Obesity Task Force (2000). The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Melbourne, Australia: Health Communications Australia Pty Limited. (retrieved from http://www.diabetes.com.au/pdf/obesity_report.pdf) (Acessed 03 July 2006).
- Associations of ankle-brachial index with clinical coronary heart disease, stroke and preclinical carotid and popliteal atherosclerosis: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.Atherosclerosis. 1997; 131: 115-125
- Epidemiologic studies of coronary heart disease and stroke in Japanese men living in Japan, Hawaii and California: prevalence of coronary and hypertensive heart disease and associated risk factors.Am J Epidemiol. 1975; 102: 514-525
- Marcante prevalência de dislipidemia em população nipo-brasileira de Bauru.Arq Bras Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 50 (in Portuguese): S174.
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case–control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Microalbuminuria and cardiovascular risk.Am J Hypertens. 2004; 17: 986-993
- Independent impact of glycemia and blood pressure in albuminuria on high-risk subjects for metabolic syndrome.Clin Nephrol. 2004; 61: 369-376
- Autoantibodies against oxidized LDLs and atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes.Diab Care. 2005; 28: 653-657