Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Coronary heart disease in Greenland Inuit: a paradox. Implications for western diet patterns.Arctic Med Res. 1989; 48: 47-54
- Low incidence of cardiovascular disease among the Inuit—what is the evidence?.Atherosclerosis. 2003; 166: 351-357
- Inuit Health in Greenland: a population survey of life style and disease in Greenland and among Inuit living in Denmark.Int J Circumpolar Health. 2003; 62: 1-79
Rose G, Blackburn H, Gillum RF. Cardiovascular survey methods, 2nd ed. World Health Organization Geneva Monograph Series 56; 1982.
- Serum lipids of Greenland Inuit in relation to Inuit genetic heritage, westernisation and migration.Atherosclerosis. 2004; 174: 391-398
- Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance among the Inuit population of Greenland.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 1766-1771
- The associations of a marine diet with plasma lipids, blood glucose, blood pressure and obesity among the Inuit in Greenland.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2000; 54: 732-737
- The electrocardiogram in population studies. A classification system.Circulation. 1960; 21: 1160-1175
Definition, Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications. Part 1. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Report of a WHO consultation. Geneva: WHO. WHO/NCD/NCS/99.2; 1999.
Third Joint European Societies’ task force on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice. European Guidelines on CVD Prevention; 2003.
- Relationship of blood pressure, serum cholesterol, smoking habit, relative weight and ECG abnormalities to incidence of major coronary events: final report of the pooling project. The pooling project research group.J Chronic Dis. 1978; 31: 201-306
- Prevalences of ECG findings in large population based samples of men and women.Heart. 2000; 84: 625-633
- A book of tables with data from the first examination (1976–1978) and a five-year follow-up (1981–1985).Scand J Soc Med. 1989; : 1-160
- Changes in prevalence of coronary heart disease in the United States from 1971–1994.Ethn Dis. 2003; 13: 85-93
- Cardiovascular disease among Alaska Natives: a review of the literature.Int J Circumpolar Health. 2003; 62 (in Review): 343-362
- Cardiovascular diseases in the developing countries: dimensions, determinants, dynamics and directions for public health action..Public Health Nutr. 2002; 5: 231-237
- Decreasing overweight and central fat patterning with Westernization among the Inuit in Greenland and Inuit migrants.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002; 26: 1503-1510
- Eskimos have CHD despite high consumption of omega-3 fatty acids: the Alaska Seberia project.Int J Circumpolar Health. 2005; 64: 387-395
- Rose Questionnaire responses among black and white inpatients admitted for coronary heart disease: findings from the Birmingham-BHS project.Ethn Dis. 1993; 3: 290-302
- Rose Questionnaire responses among black, Latino, and white subjects in two socioeconomic strata.Ethn Dis. 1993; 3: 303-314
- Comparing self-reported and physician-reported medical history.Am J Epidemiol. 1994; 139: 813-818
- Validation of self-reported history of acute myocardial infarction: experience of the Minnesota Heart Survey Registry.Epidemiology. 1995; 6: 67-69
- The prevalence and prognostic significance of electrocardiographic abnormalities.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2000; 25: 1-72
- Electrocardiographic abnormalities and 30-year mortality among white and black men of the Charleston Heart Study.Circulation. 1993; 88: 2685-2692
- Ethnic differences in ECG amplitudes in North American white, black, and Hispanic men and women. Effect of obesity and age.J Electrocardiol. 1994; 27: 20-31
- Electrocardiographic findings in a healthy biracial population. Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study Investigators.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 81: 453-459
- Greiffenberg T. Bjerregaard P. Folkesundhed i Grønland (public health in Greenland). INUSSUK, Nuuk2004: 1-156
- Mortality from ischaemic heart disease and cerebrovascular disease in Greenland.Int J Epidemiol. 1988; 17: 514-519
- Fish consumption and coronary heart disease mortality. A systematic review of prospective cohort studies.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999; 53: 585-590
- Blood levels of long-chain n-3 fatty acids and the risk of sudden death.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1113-1118
- Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction: results of the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Sopravvivenza nell’Infarto miocardico.Lancet. 1999; 354: 447-455