Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Statistics Canada. 2006 Census: Immigration, citizenship, language, mobility and migration. Ottawa: Statistics Canada; December 4, 2007.
- The foreign-born population: 2000.US Census Bureau, Washington2003
National Statistics. Foreign-born: 1 in 12 in UK born overseas; 2005 (accessed April 26, 2008), at http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=1312&Pos=1&ColRank=2&Rank=768.
- Global burden of cardiovascular diseases: part I: general considerations, the epidemiologic transition, risk factors, and impact of urbanization.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2746-2753
- Global burden of cardiovascular diseases: Part II: variations in cardiovascular disease by specific ethnic groups and geographic regions and prevention strategies.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2855-2864
- Epidemiologic studies of coronary heart disease and stroke in Japanese men living in Japan, Hawaii and California: prevalence of coronary and hypertensive heart disease and associated risk factors.Am J Epidemiol. 1975; 102: 514-525
- Body mass index in a US national sample of Asian Americans: effects of nativity, years since immigration and socioeconomic status.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 1188-1194
- Comparison of dietary habits, physical activity and body size among Chinese in North America and China.Int J Epidemiol. 1994; 23: 984-990
- Association between length of residence and cardiovascular disease risk factors among an ethnically diverse group of United States immigrants.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22: 841-846
- Acculturation is associated with hypertension in a multiethnic sample.Am J Hypertens. 2007; 20: 354-363
- Obesity among US immigrant subgroups by duration of residence.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2860-2867
- Obesity, overweight and ethnicity.Health Reports. 2005; 16: 23-34
- Acculturation and socioeconomic position as predictors of coronary calcification in a multiethnic sample.Circulation. 2005; 112: 1557-1565
- Duration of residence in the United States as a new risk factor for coronary artery disease (The Konkani Heart Study).Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93: 359-361
- Increased risk of heart disease and stroke among foreign-born females residing in the United States.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 22: 30-35
- Study Design of the Multicultural Community Health Assessment Trial (M-CHAT)—a comparison of body fat distribution in four distinct populations.Ethnic Disord. 2006; 16: 96-100
The EuroQol Group. EuroQol—a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. Health Policy 1990;16(3):199–208.
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Detection of early atherosclerosis with B mode carotid ultrasonography: assessment of a new quantitative approach.Clin Invest Med. 1999; 22: 265-274
- Visceral adipose tissue, a potential risk factor for carotid atherosclerosis: results of the Multicultural Community Health Assessment Trial (M-CHAT).Stroke. 2007; 38: 2422-2429
- Visceral adipose tissue accumulation differs according to ethnic background: results of the Multicultural Community Health Assessment Trial (M-CHAT).Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86: 353-359
- Correlates of sense of control among older Korean–American immigrants: Financial status, physical health constraints, and environmental challenges.Int J Aging Hum Dev. 2006; 63: 173-186
- Impact of employment-related experiences on immigrants’ psychological well-being and adaptation to Canada.Can J Behav Sci. 1996; 28: 240-251
- Association of psychosocial risk factors with risk of acute myocardial infarction in 11119 cases and 13648 controls from 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case–control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 953-962
- Socioeconomic inequalities in health in 22 European countries.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2468-2481
- Access to health services for underserved populations in Canada.in: Canada H. Certain circumstances: issues in equity and responsiveness in access to health care in Canada. Health Canada, Ottawa2000: 1-60
- The trend of cardiovascular disease in immigrants in Sweden.Eur J Epidemiol. 2005; 20: 755-760
- Maintenance of traditional cultural orientation is associated with lower rates of obesity and sedentary behaviours among African migrant children to Australia.Int J Obes (Lond). 2008; 32: 594-600
- Acculturation and tobacco use among Chinese Americans.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 300-307
- Healthy life expectancy in 191 countries, 1999.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1685-1691
- Exercise training and blood lipids in hyperlipidemic and normolipidemic adults: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999; 53: 514-522
- Differential association of common carotid intima-media thickness and carotid atherosclerotic plaques with parental history of premature death from coronary heart disease: the EVA study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999; 19: 366-371