Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis and sterol 27-hydroxylase: evidence for a role of this enzyme in elimination of cholesterol from human macrophages.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1994; 91: 8592-8596
- Sterol 27-hydroxylase: high level activity in vascular endothelium.J Lipid Res. 1994; 35: 1026-1030
- Sterol absorption and sterol balance in phytosterolemia evaluated by deuterium-labeled sterols: effect of sitostanol treatment.J Lipid Res. 1995; 36: 1763-1773
- Brain cholesterol synthesis in mice is affected by high dose of simvastatin but not of pravastatin.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006; 316: 1146-1152
- Serum plant sterols and cholesterol precursors reflect cholesterol absorption and synthesis in volunteers of a randomly selected male population.Am J Epidemiol. 1990; 131: 20-31
Turley SD, Dietschy JM. The metabolism and excretion of cholesterol by the liver. In: Biology and pathobiology. 2nd edition. New York: Raven Press, Ltd., 1988. pp. 617–641.
- In vitro and in vivo evidence for the role of HDL in reverse cholesterol transport.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994; 11: 125-134
- Effects of torcetrapib in patients at high risk for coronary events.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2109-2122
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein particle size, and apolipoprotein A–I: significance for cardiovascular risk: the IDEAL and EPIC-Norfolk studies.J Am Col Cardiol. 2008; 51: 634-642
- Patients with atherosclerosis may have increased circulating levels of 27-hydroxycholesterol and cholestenoic acid.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2005; 65: 365-375
- Importance of a novel oxidative mechanism for elimination of intracellular cholesterol in humans.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1996; 16: 208-212
- Inborn errors in bile acid biosynthesis and storage of sterols other than cholesterol.in: Sciver C. Beaudet A.L. Sly W.S. Valle D. The metabolic basis of inherited diseases. Mc Graw Hill, New York, NY1994: 2073-2100
- Mechanism of accumulation of cholesterol and cholestanol in tendons and the role of sterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27A1).Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002; 22: 1129-1135