Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American heart association.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1134-1146
- Increasing cardiovascular disease burden due to diabetes mellitus: the Framingham heart study.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1544-1550
- Physical activity/exercise and type 2 diabetes: a consensus statement from the American diabetes association.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 1433-1438
- Health benefits of physical activity: the evidence.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 801-809
- Exercise protects the cardiovascular system: effects beyond traditional risk factors.J Physiol. 2009; 587: 5551-5558
- Physical inactivity and cardiovascular disease risk in women.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28: 9-10
- Exercise and vascular adaptation in asymptomatic humans.Exp Physiol. 2011; 96: 57-70
Lenk K, Uhlemann M, Schuler G, Adams V. Role of endothelial progenitor cells in the beneficial effects of physical exercise on atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease. J Appl Physiol; 111: 321–8.
Metsios GS, Stavropoulos-Kalinoglou A, Sandoo A, et al. Vascular function and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis: the role of physical activity. Open Cardiovasc Med J; 4: 89–96.
Sandoo A, van Zanten JJ, Metsios GS, Carroll D, Kitas GD. The endothelium and its role in regulating vascular tone. Open Cardiovasc Med J; 4: 302–12.
- Predictive value of brachial flow-mediated dilation for incident cardiovascular events in a population-based study: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.Circulation. 2009; 120: 502-509
- Endothelial function testing as a biomarker of vascular disease.Circulation. 2003; 108: 2054-2059
- Endothelial function and dysfunction. Part II: association with cardiovascular risk factors and diseases. A statement by the working group on endothelins and endothelial factors of the European society of hypertension.J Hypertens. 2005; 23: 233-246
- Endothelial function and dysfunction: testing and clinical relevance.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1285-1295
- Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the international brachial artery reactivity task force.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 257-265
- Exercise-induced improvement in endothelial dysfunction is not mediated by changes in CV risk factors: pooled analysis of diverse patient populations.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003; 285: H2679-H2687
- Adhesion molecules and atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2003; 170: 191-203
- von Willebrand factor, tissue plasminogen activator, and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate predict cardiovascular death in a 10 year follow up of survivors of acute myocardial infarction.Heart. 1998; 80: 334-337
- Effect of exercise training on endothelium-derived nitric oxide function in humans.J Physiol. 2004; 561: 1-25
- Beneficial effects of a 4-week exercise program on plasma concentrations of adhesion molecules.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: e1
- Effects of moderate-intensity exercise training on plasma biomarkers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in older patients with type 2 diabetes.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2006; 16: 543-549
- The effect of combined aerobic and resistance exercise training on vascular function in type 2 diabetes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 860-866
- Effect of exercise intervention on endothelial function and incidence of cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;
- Effect of an exercise training program on endothelial dysfunction in diabetic and non-diabetic patients with severe chronic heart failure.Clin Res Cardiol. 2006; 95: i117-124
- Effects of aerobic exercise vs. resistance training on endothelial function in women with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Metab J. 2011; 35: 364-373
- Effect of exercise on blood pressure in type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial.J Gen Intern Med. 2012;
- The seventh report of the joint national committee on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure: the jnc 7 report.J Am Med Assoc. 2003; 289: 2560-2572
- American college of sports medicine position stand. Exercise and hypertension.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36: 533-553
- The association of arterial shear and flow-mediated dilation in diabetes.Vasc Med. 2011;
- Time course of change in vasodilator function and capacity in response to exercise training in humans.J Physiol. 2008; 586: 5003-5012
- The effects of periodized concurrent and aerobic training on oxidative stress parameters, endothelial function and immune response in sedentary male individuals of middle age.Cell Biochem Funct. 2011; 29: 534-542
- A randomised, controlled study of the effects of aerobic exercise and dietary fish on coagulation and fibrinolytic factors in type 2 diabetics.Thromb Haemost. 1999; 81: 367-372
- Vascular inflammatory markers in early-onset obese and type 2 diabetes subjects before and after three months' aerobic exercise training.Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2007; 4: 231-234
- Mediterranean diet, endothelial function and vascular inflammatory markers.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 1073-1076
- Effect of an intensive exercise intervention strategy on modifiable cardiovascular risk factors in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trial: the Italian diabetes and exercise study (IDES).Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1794-1803
Yates T, Davies MJ, Gorely T, et al. The effect of increased ambulatory activity on markers of chronic low-grade inflammation: evidence from the PREPARE programme randomized controlled trial. Diabet Med; 27: 1256–63.
- Endothelial dysfunction or dysfunctions? Identification of three different FMD responses in males with type 2 diabetes.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 200: 439-445
- Flow-mediated dilation and cardiovascular event prediction: does nitric oxide matter?.Hypertension. 2011; 57: 363-369