- Other risk markers may modify the association between 9p21 and coronary disease.
- We tested 14 classical or novel risk markers, and found no meaningful interactions.
- Our study is one of the largest conducted to date on this topic.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A common allele on chromosome 9 associated with coronary heart disease.Science. 2007; 316: 1488-1491
- Genome-wide association study of 14,000 cases of seven common diseases and 3,000 shared controls.Nature. 2007; 447: 661-678
- A common variant on chromosome 9p21 affects the risk of myocardial infarction.Science. 2007; 316: 1491-1493
- Genomewide association analysis of coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 443-453
- Chromosome 9p21.3 coronary heart disease locus genotype and prospective risk of CHD in healthy middle-aged men.Clin Chem. 2008; 54: 467-474
- Repeated replication and a prospective meta-analysis of the association between chromosome 9p21.3 and coronary artery disease.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1675-1684
- The same sequence variant on 9p21 associates with myocardial infarction, abdominal aortic aneurysm and intracranial aneurysm.Nat Genet. 2008; 40: 217-224
- Association between chromosome 9p21 variants and the ankle-brachial index identified by a meta-analysis of 21 genome-wide association studies.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2012; 5: 100-102
- Genetic mechanisms mediating atherosclerosis susceptibility at the chromosome 9p21 locus.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2011; 13: 193-201
- Recent studies of the human chromosome 9p21 locus, which is associated with atherosclerosis in human populations.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012; 32: 196-206
- The coronary artery disease-associated 9p21 variant and later life 20-year survival to cohort extinction.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2011; 4: 542-548
- Large-scale association analysis identifies 13 new susceptibility loci for coronary artery disease.Nat Genet. 2011; 43: 333-338
- The effect of chromosome 9p21 variants on cardiovascular disease may be modified by dietary intake: evidence from a case/control and a prospective study.PLoS Med. 2011; 9: e1001106
- Interaction between poor glycemic control and 9p21 locus on risk of coronary artery disease in type 2 diabetes.J Am Med Assoc. 2008; 300: 2389-2397
- Association of genetic variation on chromosome 9p21 with susceptibility and progression of atherosclerosis: a population-based, prospective study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 378-384
- Genetic variants on chromosome 9p21 and ischemic stroke in Chinese.Brain Res Bull. 2009; 79: 431-435
- Large scale association analysis of novel genetic loci for coronary artery disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009; 29: 774-780
- Gene dosage of the common variant 9p21 predicts severity of coronary artery disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 56: 479-486
- Association of variation in the chromosome 9p21 locus with myocardial infarction versus chronic coronary artery disease.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2008; 1: 85-92
- The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study: design and objectives.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 687-702
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- B-mode-detected carotid artery plaque in a general population.Stroke. 1994; 25: 2377-2383
- Measurement of HbA1c from stored whole blood samples in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.J Diabetes. 2010; 2: 118-124
- Community surveillance of coronary heart disease in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study: methods and initial two years' experience.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 223-233
- Sample size requirements for association studies of gene-gene interaction.Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 155: 478-484