- LDL-C, HDL-C and TG represent strong and independent predictors of plasma CETP activity.
- CETP activity integrates major plasma lipid levels known as independent risk factors.
- A plasma CETP activity above 34% is associated with an elevated cardiovascular risk.
- A CETP activity between 22% and 34% represents the future clinical therapeutic goal.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pharmacological modulation of cholesteryl ester transfer protein, a new therapeutic target in atherogenic dyslipidemia.Pharmacol Ther. 2004; 101: 17-38
- Modulating cholesteryl ester transfer protein activity maintains efficient pre-beta-HDL formation and increases reverse cholesterol transport.J Lipid Res. 2010; 51: 3443-3454
- Elevated CETP activity improves plasma cholesterol efflux capacity from human macrophages in women.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012; 32: 2341-2349
- Plasma cholesteryl ester transfer is a determinant of intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetic and nondiabetic subjects: role of CETP and triglycerides.Diabetes. 2005; 54: 3554-3559
- Cholesteryl ester transfer protein: at the heart of the action of lipid-modulating therapy with statins, fibrates, niacin, and cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 149-164
- Haplotype analysis of the CETP gene: not TaqIB, but the closely linked -629 C>A polymorphism and a novel promoter variant are independently associated with CETP concentration.Hum Mol Genet. 2003; 12: 111-123
- Functional interaction between -629 C/A, -971 G/A and -1337 C/T polymorphisms in the CETP gene is a major determinant of promoter activity and plasma CETP concentration in the REGRESS Study.Hum Mol Genet. 2005; 14: 2607-2618
- Carotid atherosclerosis is not related to past tuberculosis in hypercholesterolemic patients.Atherosclerosis. 2007; 190: 150-155
- Distribution and concentration of cholesteryl ester transfer protein in plasma of normolipemic subjects.J Clin Invest. 1990; 85: 10-17
- Effect of bariatric surgery-induced weight loss on SR-BI-, ABCG1-, and ABCA1-mediated cellular cholesterol efflux in obese women.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96: 1151-1159
- Atheroprotective reverse cholesterol transport pathway is defective in familial hypercholesterolemia.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011; 31: 1675-1681
- Inhibition of CETP by torcetrapib attenuates the atherogenicity of postprandial TG-rich lipoproteins in type IIB hyperlipidemia.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008; 28: 148-154
- Effect of torcetrapib on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1304-1316
- Relation between cholesterol ester transfer protein activities and lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with hypercholesterolemia and combined hyperlipidemia.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995; 15: 112-120
- On-statin cholesteryl ester transfer protein mass and risk of recurrent coronary events (from the pravastatin or atorvastatin evaluation and infection therapy-thrombolysis in myocardial infarction 22 [PROVE IT-TIMI 22] study).Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 451-456
- Cholesteryl ester transfer protein and mortality in patients undergoing coronary angiography: the Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health study.Circulation. 2010; 121: 366-374
- High plasma cholesteryl ester transfer but not CETP mass predicts incident cardiovascular disease: a nested case-control study.Atherosclerosis. 2011; 217: 249-252
- High serum cholesteryl ester transfer rates and small high-density lipoproteins are associated with young age in patients with acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 1948-1955
- The association of HDL cholesterol concentration with the -629 C>A CETP promoter polymorphism is not fully explained by its relationship with plasma cholesteryl ester transfer.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2008; 68: 99-105
- Sterol-dependent transactivation of the ABC1 promoter by the liver X receptor/retinoid X receptor.J Biol Chem. 2000; 275: 28240-28245
- Kinetics of lipids, apolipoproteins, and cholesteryl ester transfer protein in plasma after a bicycle marathon.Metabolism. 1994; 43: 633-639
- Exercise training decreases plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein.Arterioscler Thromb. 1993; 13: 1359-1367
- Reduction in the concentration and activity of plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein by alcohol.J Lipid Res. 1992; 33: 737-744
- Increased plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein in obese subjects. A possible mechanism for the reduction of serum HDL cholesterol levels in obesity.Arterioscler Thromb. 1994; 14: 1129-1136
- Cloning and sequencing of human cholesteryl ester transfer protein cDNA.Nature. 1987; 327: 632-634
- Dalcetrapib, a cholesteryl ester transfer protein modulator.Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2012; 21: 1427-1432