Methods and results
- Ang II increases OPN expression in a translation dependent manner in VSMCs.
- Ang II decreases mir181a expression in VSMCs.
- Overexpression of mir181a inhibits Ang II induced OPN expression in VSMCs.
- OPN is essential for adhesion of VSMCs to collagen substrates.
- Overexpression of mir181a decreases adhesion of VSMCs to collagen substrates.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vasoprotective and atheroprotective effects of angiotensin (1–7) in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010; 30: 1606-1613
- Angiotensin II cell signaling: physiological and pathological effects in the cardiovascular system.Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007; 292: C82-C97
- Angiotensin II and atherosclerosis.Am J Cardiol. 2001; 87: 25C-32C
- Vascular smooth muscle cells derived from atherosclerotic human arteries exhibit greater adhesion, migration, and proliferation than venous cells.J Surg Res. 2002; 104: 22-28
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis.Annu Rev Pathol. 2006; 1: 297-329
- Inflammation in atherosclerosis.Nature. 2002; 420: 868-874
- Inflammation and atherosclerosis.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1135-1143
- Angiotensin II-induced osteopontin expression in vascular smooth muscle cells involves Gq/11, Ras, ERK, Src and Ets-1.Hypertens Res. 2008; 31: 987-998
- Osteopontin: a multifunctional protein at the crossroads of inflammation, atherosclerosis, and vascular calcification.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2009; 11: 206-213
- Osteopontin facilitates angiogenesis, accumulation of osteoclasts, and resorption in ectopic bone.Endocrinology. 2001; 142: 1325-1332
- The multifaceted roles of osteopontin in cell signaling, tumor progression and angiogenesis.Curr Mol Med. 2006; 6: 819-830
- Osteopontin is elevated during neointima formation in rat arteries and is a novel component of human atherosclerotic plaques.J Clin Invest. 1993; 92: 1686-1696
- Osteopontin mRNA is expressed by smooth muscle-derived foam cells in human atherosclerotic lesions of the aorta.J Clin Invest. 1993; 92: 2814-2820
- Angiotensin II-accelerated atherosclerosis and aneurysm formation is attenuated in osteopontin-deficient mice.J Clin Invest. 2003; 112: 1318-1331
- Role of osteopontin in adhesion, migration, cell survival and bone remodeling.Exp Oncol. 2004; 26: 179-184
- Osteopontin: role in cell signaling and cancer progression.Trends Cell Biol. 2006; 16: 79-87
- Osteopontin stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell migration by inducing FAK phosphorylation and ILK dephosphorylation.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007; 356: 13-19
- Osteopontin-stimulated vascular smooth muscle cell migration is mediated by beta 3 integrin.Exp Cell Res. 1994; 214: 459-464
- Osteopontin deficiency in rat vascular smooth muscle cells is associated with an inability to adhere to collagen and increased apoptosis.Lab Invest. 2000; 80: 1603-1615
- Micro RNAs in animal development.Cell. 2006; 124: 877-881
- microRNA functions.Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2007; 23: 175-205
- Characterization of phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C from cultured vascular smooth muscle cells.J Biol Chem. 1991; 266: 15498-15504
- A novel aortic smooth muscle cell line obtained from p53 knock out mice expresses several differentiation characteristics.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997; 238: 154-158
- Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) method.Methods. 2001; 25: 402-408
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERK1/2) by angiotensin II is dependent on c-Src in vascular smooth muscle cells.Circ Res. 1998; 82: 7-12
- Autocrine secretion of osteopontin by vascular smooth muscle cells regulates their adhesion to collagen gels.Am J Pathol. 1996; 149: 259-272
- Angiotensin II, atherosclerosis, and aortic aneurysms.J Clin Invest. 2000; 105: 1525-1526
- Reactive oxygen species and angiotensin II signaling in vascular cells – implications in cardiovascular disease.Braz J Med Biol Res. 2004; 37: 1263-1273
Bhattacharya SD, Garrison J, Guo H, et al. Micro-RNA-181a regulates osteopontin-dependent metastatic function in hepatocellular cancer cell lines, Surgery, 148, 291–7.
- MicroRNA regulation by RNA-binding proteins and its implications for cancer.Nat Rev Cancer. 2011; 11: 644-656
- MicroRNA-466l upregulates IL-10 expression in TLR-triggered macrophages by antagonizing RNA-binding protein tristetraprolin-mediated IL-10 mRNA degradation.J Immunol. 2010; 184: 6053-6059
- Angiotensin II and cell-matrix adhesion: PKCepsilon is essential.Cardiovasc Res. 2005; 67: 6-8
Zhu N, Zhang D, Chen S, et al. Endothelial enriched microRNAs regulate angiotensin II-induced endothelial inflammation and migration, Atherosclerosis, 215, 286–93.