Methods and results
- Atherosclerosis was assessed with whole-body MRA in a population-based cohort.
- 4.8 years follow-up gave eight-fold risk of MACE if any atherosclerotic changes.
- Addition of the WBMRA-assessment to FRS improved classification for risk of MACE.
- Only one subject with normal arteries had an MACE indicating good test specificity.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- C-reactive protein modulates risk prediction based on the Framingham score: implications for future risk assessment: results from a large cohort study in southern Germany.Circulation. 2004; 109: 1349-1353
- Ankle-arm index as a predictor of cardiovascular disease and mortality in the cardiovascular health study. The cardiovascular health study group.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999; 19: 538-545
- Carotid intima-media thickness and presence or absence of plaque improves prediction of coronary heart disease risk: the ARIC (atherosclerosis risk in communities) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1600-1607
- High prevalence of ultrasound detected carotid atherosclerosis in subjects with low Framingham risk score: potential implications for screening for subclinical atherosclerosis.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 809-815
- Coronary artery calcium score and risk classification for coronary heart disease prediction.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1610-1616
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
- Rapid magnetic resonance angiography for detection of atherosclerosis.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1086-1091
- Whole-body MRA.Eur Radiol. 2008; 18: 1925-1936
- Whole body MR angiography screening.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2004; 20: 587-591
- A total atherosclerotic score for whole-body MRA and its relation to traditional cardiovascular risk factors.Eur Radiol. 2008; 18: 1174-1180
- A comparison of three different methods to evaluate endothelium-dependent vasodilation in the elderly: the prospective investigation of the vasculature in Uppsala seniors (PIVUS) study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 2368-2375
- The prevalence and quantification of atherosclerosis in an elderly population assessed by whole-body magnetic resonance angiography.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007; 27: 649-654
- Whole-body magnetic resonance angiography of patients using a standard clinical scanner.Eur Radiol. 2006; 16: 147-153
- The echogenecity of the intima-media complex in the common carotid artery is closely related to the echogenecity in plaques.Atherosclerosis. 2007; 195: 411-414
- Arterial stiffness, but not endothelium-dependent vasodilation, is related to a low ankle-brachial index.Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2011; 31: 182-187
- Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond.Stat Med. 2008; 27 (discussion 207–212): 157-172
- Comparison of contrast-enhanced MR angiography to intraarterial digital subtraction angiography for evaluation of peripheral arterial occlusive disease: results of a phase III multicenter trial.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 31: 1402-1410
- Comparison of gadodiamide-enhanced MR angiography to intraarterial digital subtraction angiography for evaluation of renal artery stenosis: results of a phase III multicenter trial.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 31: 390-397
- Framingham risk function overestimates risk of coronary heart disease in men and women from Germany – results from the MONICA Augsburg and the PROCAM cohorts.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 937-945
- 34th Bethesda Conference: task force #1 – Identification of coronary heart disease risk: is there a detection gap?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 1863-1874
- Angiography underestimates peripheral atherosclerosis: lumenography revisited.J Endovasc Ther. 2008; 15: 117-125
- T1-weighted-SPACE dark blood whole body magnetic resonance angiography (DB-WBMRA): initial experience.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 31: 502-509
- Quiescent-interval single-shot unenhanced magnetic resonance angiography of peripheral vascular disease: technical considerations and clinical feasibility.Magn Reson Med. 2010; 63: 951-958
- Phase-derivative analysis in MR angiography: reduced Venc dependency and improved vessel wall detection in laminar and disturbed flow.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1997; 7: 321-330
- Age and sex differences in the distribution and ultrasound morphology of carotid atherosclerosis: the Tromso Study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999; 19: 3007-3013