- SMC-targeted expression of S100A12 accelerates atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient mice.
- Quinoline-3-carboxamide (ABR-215757) binds to rS100A12 with slightly different kinetics than S100A9.
- Treatment with Quinoline-3-carboxamide attenuates atherosclerosis in S100A12 transgenic and WT ApoE mice.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The RAGE axis: a fundamental mechanism signaling danger to the vulnerable vasculature.Circ Res. 2010; 106: 842-853
- S100A8 and S100A9 in cardiovascular biology and disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012; 32: 223-229
- RAGE mediates a novel proinflammatory axis: a central cell surface receptor for S100/calgranulin polypeptides.Cell. 1999; 97: 889-901
- Mrp8 and Mrp14 are endogenous activators of toll-like receptor 4, promoting lethal, endotoxin-induced shock.Nat Med. 2007; 13: 1042-1049
- Multicenter validation of the diagnostic accuracy of a blood-based gene expression test for assessing obstructive coronary artery disease in nondiabetic patients.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 153: 425-434
- Correlation of peripheral-blood gene expression with the extent of coronary artery stenosis.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2008; 1: 31-38
- Myeloid-related protein 8/14 and the risk of cardiovascular death or myocardial infarction after an acute coronary syndrome in the pravastatin or atorvastatin evaluation and infection therapy: thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (PROVE IT-TIMI 22) trial.Am Heart J. 2008; 155: 49-55
- Myeloid-related protein 8/14 complex is released by monocytes and granulocytes at the site of coronary occlusion: a novel, early, and sensitive marker of acute coronary syndromes.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 941-948
- Morphologic findings of coronary atherosclerotic plaques in diabetics: a postmortem study.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004; 24: 1266-1271
- High levels of S100A12 are associated with recent plaque symptomatology in patients with carotid atherosclerosis.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1347-1353
- S100A12 expression in thoracic aortic aneurysm is associated with increased risk of dissection and perioperative complications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 775-785
- S100A12 in vascular smooth muscle accelerates vascular calcification in apolipoprotein E-null mice by activating an osteogenic gene regulatory program.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011; 31: 337-344
- Identification of human S100A9 as a novel target for treatment of autoimmune disease via binding to quinoline-3-carboxamides.PLoS Biol. 2009; 7: e97
- Pharmacokinetics, tolerability, and preliminary efficacy of ABR-215757, a new quinoline-3-carboxamide derivative, in murine and human SLE.Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 64: 1579-1588
- The impact of a new immunomodulator oxo-quinoline-3-carboxamide on the progression of experimental lupus.Int Immunopharmacol. 2004; 4: 1515-1523
- Placebo-controlled trial of oral laquinimod for multiple sclerosis.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1000-1009
- Proinflammatory S100 proteins in arthritis and autoimmune disease.Arthritis Rheum. 2004; 50: 3762-3771
- S100A12 mediates aortic wall remodeling and aortic aneurysm.Circ Res. 2010; 106: 145-154
- Computational searches for missing orthologs: the case of S100A12 in mice.OMICS. 2004; 8: 334-340
- Proinflammatory properties of the human S100 protein S100A12.J Leukoc Biol. 2001; 69: 986-994
- RAGE expression in human t cells: a link between environmental factors and adaptive immune responses.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e34698
- Vascular and inflammatory stresses mediate atherosclerosis via RAGE and its ligands in apoE-/- mice.J Clin Invest. 2008; 118: 183-194
- Hyperzincaemia and hypercalprotectinaemia: a new disorder of zinc metabolism.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1742-1745
- Myeloid-related protein-8/14 is critical for the biological response to vascular injury.Circulation. 2009; 120: 427-436
Maiseyeu A, Badgeley MA, Kampfrath T, et al. In vivo targeting of inflammation-associated myeloid-related protein 8/14 via gadolinium immunonanoparticles. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol;32:962–70.
- Genetic inactivation of IL-1 signaling enhances atherosclerotic plaque instability and reduces outward vessel remodeling in advanced atherosclerosis in mice.J Clin Invest. 2012; 122: 70-79
- Quinolines as a novel structural class of potent and selective PDE4 inhibitors: optimisation for oral administration.Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009; 19: 1380-1385
- Synthesis, biological assessment and molecular modeling of new dihydroquinoline-3-carboxamides and dihydroquinoline-3-carbohydrazide derivatives as cholinesterase inhibitors, and Ca channel antagonists.Eur J Med Chem. 2011; 46: 1-10
- Calprotectin in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relation to clinical and laboratory parameters of disease activity.Lupus. 1993; 2: 47-50
- Phagocyte-specific S100A8/A9 protein levels during disease exacerbations and infections in systemic lupus erythematosus.J Rheumatol. 2009; 36: 2190-2194
Lood C, Stenstrom M, Tyden H, et al. Protein synthesis of the pro-inflammatory S100A8/A9 complex in plasmacytoid dendritic cells and cell surface S100A8/A9 on leukocyte subpopulations in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther;13:R60.
- Inhibition of dendritic cell differentiation and accumulation of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in cancer is regulated by S100A9 protein.J Exp Med. 2008; 205: 2235-2249