- Higher PLTP levels are associated with LV systolic function in a Chinese cohort.
- PLTP levels increase in a step-wise manner with severity of LV dysfunction.
- PLTP activity levels are higher among ACS than stable patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The implications of the structure of the bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein on the lipid-transfer function of the cholesteryl ester transfer protein.Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1998; 8: 426-434
- Complete cDNA encoding human phospholipid transfer protein from human endothelial cells.J Biol Chem. 1994; 269: 9388-9391
- Measurement and prediction of the rates of spontaneous transfer of phospholipids between plasma lipoproteins.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1984; 794: 274-280
- New susceptibility locus for coronary artery disease on chromosome 3q22.3.Nat Genet. 2009; 41: 280-282
- A common allele on chromosome 9 associated with coronary heart disease.Science. 2007; 316: 1488-1491
- Genomewide association analysis of coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 443-453
- Newly identified loci that influence lipid concentrations and risk of coronary artery disease.Nat Genet. 2008; 40: 161-169
- Genetic variation at the phospholipid transfer protein locus affects its activity and high-density lipoprotein size and is a novel marker of cardiovascular disease susceptibility.Circulation. 2010; 122: 470-477
- Common variants at 30 loci contribute to polygenic dyslipidemia.Nat Genet. 2009; 41: 56-65
- Phospholipid transfer protein.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2009; 13: 135-139
- High plasma phospholipid transfer protein levels as a risk factor for coronary artery disease.Arterioscl Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003; 23: 1857-1862
- Low phospholipid transfer protein (PLTP) is a risk factor for peripheral atherosclerosis.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 196: 219-226
- Phospholipid transfer protein is present in human atherosclerotic lesions and is expressed by macrophages and foam cells.J Lipid Res. 2003; 44: 1453-1461
- Cell-associated and extracellular phospholipid transfer protein in human coronary atherosclerosis.Circulation. 2003; 108: 270-274
- Absence of endogenous phospholipid transfer protein impairs ABCA1-dependent efflux of cholesterol from macrophage foam cells.J Lipid Res. 2006; 47: 1725-1732
- The phospholipid transfer protein gene is a liver X receptor target expressed by macrophages in atherosclerotic lesions.Mol Cell Biol. 2003; 23: 2182-2191
- Plasma phospholipid transfer protein activity and subclinical inflammation in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 178: 365-370
- Phospholipid transfer protein activity is associated with inflammatory markers in patients with cardiovascular disease.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006; 1762: 131-137
- Phospholipid transfer protein in human plasma associates with proteins linked to immunity and inflammation.Biochem J. 2010; 49: 7314-7322
- SAA and PLTP activity in plasma of periodontal patients before and after full-mouth tooth extraction.Oral Dis. 2008; 14: 514-519
- Relation of baseline plasma phospholipid transfer protein (PLTP) activity to left ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients referred for coronary angiography.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 207: 261-265
- Plasma phospholipid transfer protein enhances transfer and exchange of phospholipids between very low density lipoproteins and high density lipoproteins during lipolysis.J Lipid Res. 1985; 26: 842-851
- Human plasma phospholipid transfer protein causes high density lipoprotein conversion.J Biol Chem. 1993; 268: 4032-4036
- PLTP deficiency improves the anti-inflammatory properties of HDL and reduces the ability of LDL to induce monocyte chemotactic activity.J Lipid Res. 2004; 45: 1852-1858
- Anti-inflammatory effects of phospholipid transfer protein (PLTP) deficiency in mice.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005; 1733: 187-191
- Phospholipid transfer protein deficiency ameliorates diet-induced hypercholesterolemia and inflammation in mice.J Lipid Res. 2008; 49: 773-781
- Phospholipid transfer protein deficiency protects circulating lipoproteins from oxidation due to the enhanced accumulation of vitamin E.J Biol Chem. 2002; 277: 31850-31856
- Increased atherosclerotic lesions in apoE mice with plasma phospholipid transfer protein overexpression.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003; 23: 1601-1607
- Elevation of systemic PLTP, but not macrophage-PLTP, impairs macrophage reverse cholesterol transport in transgenic mice.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 204: 429-434
- Elevated plasma phospholipid transfer protein activity is a determinant of carotid intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetologia. 2006; 49: 398-404