- Proteome analysis revealed distinct expression of monomeric α-2 macroglobulin in human diabetic subjects.
- It is identical to the human ‘cardiac isoform of α-2 macroglobulin’.
- ‘Cardiac isoform of α-2 macroglobulin’ is a well-described biomarker protein.
- Serum monomeric α-2 macroglobulin could serve as a clinical biomarker.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Studies on human plasma alpha 2-macroglobulin-enzyme interactions. Evidence for proteolytic modification of the subunit chain structure.J Exp Med. 1973; 138: 508-521
- Serum alpha 2-macroglobulin levels in diabetes.J Clin Pathol. 1980; 33: 163-166
- Serum protease inhibitor concentrations and total antitrypsin activity in diabetic and non-diabetic children during adolescence.Acta Diabetol. 2006; 43: 88-92
- A study of plasma alpha-2-macroglobulin levels in type 2 diabetic subjects with microalbuminuria.J Assoc Physicians India. 2001; 49: 1062-1065
- Alpha2-macroglobulin in diabetes.Lancet. 1976; 2: 1020-1021
- Plasma alpha 2 macroglobulin is increased in nephrotic patients as a result of increased synthesis alone.Kidney Int. 1998; 54: 530-535
- Increased alpha 2-macroglobulin in diabetes: a hyperglycemia related phenomenon associated with reduced antithrombin III activity.Acta Diabetol Lat. 1989; 26: 147-154
- Alpha 2-macroglobulin and proliferative retinopathy in type 1 diabetes.Horm Metab Res. 1982; 14: 389-392
- Coagulation factors of contact phase of haemostasis are normal in well-controlled type-I diabetic patients despite presence of diabetic retinopathy.Diabetes Res. 1988; 7: 197-200
- Cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobulin–a new biomarker for myocardial infarcted diabetic patients.Atherosclerosis. 2006; 186: 173-176
- Purification and characterization of a high-molecular-weight protein induced in rat serum during the development of cardiac hypertrophy.Arch Biochem Biophys. 1990; 281: 287-297
- Serum protein of 135-kDa molecular weight–a molecular signal for cardiac hypertrophy.Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993; 302: 425-430
- Cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobin, a novel serum protein, may induce cardiac hypertrophy in rats.Basic Res Cardiol. 2001; 96: 23-33
- A novel serum protein of molecular weight 182 kDa: a molecular marker for an early detection of increased left ventricular mass in patients with cardiac hypertrophy.J Cardiovasc Risk. 1998; 5: 335-338
- Direct injection and expression in vivo of full-length cDNA of the cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobulin induces cardiac hypertrophy in the rat heart.Basic Res Cardiol. 2003; 98: 39-49
- Qscore: an algorithm for evaluating SEQUEST database search results.J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2002; 13: 378-386
- Large-scale analysis of the yeast proteome by multidimensional protein identification technology.Nat Biotechnol. 2001; 19: 242-247
- Comparison of different depletion strategies for improved resolution in proteomic analysis of human serum samples.Proteomics. 2005; 5: 307-317
- High abundance proteins depletion vs low abundance proteins enrichment: comparison of methods to reduce the plasma proteome complexity.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e19603
- High-yield peptide-extraction method for the discovery of subnanomolar biomarkers from small serum samples.J Proteome Res. 2010; 9: 1694-1705
- A fast SEQUEST cross correlation algorithm.J Proteome Res. 2008; 7: 4598-4602
- Secretion of alpha-2-macroglobulin by human alveolar macrophages.Lung. 1980; 158: 9-14
- DNA binding activity of C/EBPbeta and C/EBPdelta for the rat alpha2-macroglobulin gene promoter is regulated in an acute-phase dependent manner.Biochemistry (Mosc). 2002; 67: 918-926
- Role of α2-macroglobulin in the immune responses of invertebrates.Invert Surviv J. 2010; 7: 165-180
- Cardiac isoform of alpha-2 macroglobulin as a novel diagnostic marker for cardiac diseases.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2005; 12: 601-603
- Cardiac isoform of alpha 2 macroglobulin and its reliability as a cardiac marker in HIV patients.Heart Lung Circ. 2010; 19: 93-95
- The acute phase protein alpha2-macroglobulin induces rat ventricular cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via ERK1,2 and PI3-kinase/Akt pathways.Cardiovasc Res. 2007; 75: 118-128
- Endogenous bioactive peptides as potential biomarkers for atherosclerotic coronary heart disease.Sensors (Basel). 2012; 12: 4974-4985
- Impact of salusin-α and -β on human macrophage foam cell formation and coronary atherosclerosis.Circulation. 2008; 117: 638-648
- Serum salusin-α levels are decreased and correlated negatively with carotid atherosclerosis in essential hypertensive patients.Hypertens Res. 2008; 31: 463-468