- •We investigated whether cilostazol was effective in a DES in a type I DM rat model.
- •Four weeks later, cilostazol decreased the expressions of VCAM and ICAM in aortic wall.
- •Cilostazol decreased the apoptotic cell ratio of the media.
- •In the modified aortic ring test, cilostazol preserved angiogenic potential of aorta.
- •Cilostazol enhanced re-endothelialization by von Willebrand factor expression.
Methods and results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors: the Framingham study.Circulation. 1979; 59: 8-13
- Mortality from heart disease in a cohort of 23,000 patients with insulin-treated diabetes.Diabetologia. 2003; 46: 760-765
- Cause-specific mortality in a population-based study of diabetes.Am J Public Health. 1991; 81: 1158-1162
- Endothelial cell dysfunction and the vascular complications associated with type 2 diabetes: assessing the health of the endothelium.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2005; 1: 55-71
- Epidemiology of diabetes.J Clin Pharmacol. 2004; 44: 397-405
- Should diabetes be considered a coronary heart disease risk equivalent? Results from 25 years of follow-up in the renfrew and paisley survey.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 1588-1593
- Drug-eluting stents: new era and new concerns.Postgrad Med J. 2004; 80: 13-18
- Molecular basis of restenosis and drug-eluting stents.Circulation. 2005; 111: 2257-2273
- Post-sirolimus-eluting stent restenosis treated with repeat percutaneous intervention: late angiographic and clinical outcomes.Circulation. 2004; 109: 2500-2502
- Vascular inflammation and repair: implications for re-endothelialization, restenosis, and stent thrombosis.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 1057-1066
- Effect of cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, on carotid imt in Japanese type 2 diabetic patients.Endocr J. 2004; 51: 545-550
- Effects of cilostazol, a selective cAMP phosphodiesterase inhibitor on the contraction of vascular smooth muscle.Pharmacology. 1988; 36: 313-320
- Cilostazol prevents the progression of the symptomatic intracranial arterial stenosis: the multicenter double-blind placebo-controlled trial of cilostazol in symptomatic intracranial arterial stenosis.Stroke J Cereb Circ. 2005; 36: 782-786
- Cilostazol represses vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 gene transcription via inhibiting NF-kappaB binding to its recognition sequence.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 158: 121-128
- Cilostazol inhibits high glucose-mediated endothelial-neutrophil adhesion by decreasing adhesion molecule expression via no production.Microvasc Res. 2004; 68: 119-125
- Cilostazol ameliorates nephropathy in type 1 diabetic rats involving improvement in oxidative stress and regulation of tgf-beta and nf-kappab.Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010; 74: 1355-1361
- Origin of restenosis after drug-eluting stent implantation in hyperglycemia is inflammatory cells and thrombus.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2011; 18: 604-615
- High glucose-induced apoptosis in human endothelial cells is mediated by sequential activations of c-jun nh(2)-terminal kinase and caspase-3.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2618-2624
- Introduction of apoptosis by high proinsulin and glucose in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells is mediated by reactive oxygen species.Diabetologia. 1998; 41: 249-256
- Endothelial apoptosis induced by oxidative stress through activation of nf-kappab: antiapoptotic effect of antioxidant agents on endothelial cells.Hypertension. 2001; 38: 48-55
- Cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, attenuates photothrombotic focal ischemic brain injury in hypertensive rats.J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010; 30: 343-351
- Cilostazol minimizes venous ischemic injury in diabetic and normal rats.J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011; 31: 2030-2040
- Protective effects of cilostazol against transient focal cerebral ischemia and chronic cerebral hypoperfusion injury.CNS Neurosci Ther. 2008; 14: 143-152
- Autophagy in atherosclerosis: a potential drug target for plaque stabilization.Arteriosclerosis Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011; 31: 2787-2791