From the IAS President’s desk.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed and undertreated in the general population: guidance for clinicians to prevent coronary heart disease: Consensus Statement of the European Atherosclerosis Society.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 3478-3490
- From the IAS President’s desk.September 2012 (Available from:)[accessed 03.10.13])
- Targeting the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) for the treatment of dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1401-1408
- New therapeutic principles in dyslipidaemia: focus on LDL and Lp(a) lowering drugs.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1783-1789
- Mutations in PCSK9 cause autosomal dominant hypercholesterolemia.Nat Genet. 2003; 34: 154-156
- Novel mutations of the PCSK9 gene cause variable phenotype of autosomal dominant hypercholesterolemia.Hum Mutat. 2005; 265: 497
- Sequence variations in PCSK9, low LDL, and protection against coronary heart disease.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1264-1272
- Persistent lipid abnormalities in statin-treated patients and predictors of LDL-cholesterol goal achievement in clinical practice in Europe and Canada.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2012; 19: 221-230
- ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS).Atherosclerosis. 2011; 217: S1-S44
- Evaluation of cholesterol lowering treatment of patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: a large cross-sectional study in The Netherlands.Atherosclerosis. 2010; 209: 189-194
- Safety and efficacy of a monoclonal antibody to proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 serine protease, SAR236553/REGN727, in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia receiving ongoing stable atorvastatin therapy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 2344-2353
- Effect of a monoclonal antibody to PCSK9, REGN727/SAR236553, to reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia on stable statin dose with or without ezetimibe therapy: a phase 2 randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2012; 380: 29-36
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a monoclonal antibody to proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 in combination with a statin in patients with hypercholesterolaemia (LAPLACE-TIMI 57): a randomised, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging, phase 2 study.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2007-2017
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol-lowering effects of AMG 145, a monoclonal antibody to proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 serine protease in patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia: the Reduction of LDL-C with PCSK9 Inhibition in Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Disorder (RUTHERFORD) randomized trial.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2408-2417
- European Atherosclerosis Society Consensus Panel. Lipoprotein(a) as a cardiovascular risk factor: current status.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 2844-2853
- Relationship of apolipoproteins A-1 and B, and lipoprotein (a) to cardiovascular outcomes in the AIM-HIGH Trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1575-1579
- Effect of an RNA interference drug on the synthesis of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) and the concentration of serum LDL cholesterol in healthy volunteers: a randomised, single-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial.Lancet. 2013; (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61914-5 [Epub ahead of print])
- Therapeutic RNAi targeting PCSK9 acutely lowers plasma cholesterol in rodents and LDL cholesterol in nonhuman primates.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2008; 105: 11915-11920