- •Many STEMI patients did not receive reperfusion therapy.
- •The exact antithrombotic regimen that may be of benefit in these patients is not yet defined.
- •UFH – clopidogrel combination was associated with a large mortality reduction.
- •Clopidogrel adds to the benefit of UFH but not of enoxaparin.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2013; 127: e362-e425https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e3182742cf6
- Task Force on the management of ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). ESC Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation.Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 2569-2619https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs215
- Regionalized care for patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: it's closer than you think.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1159-1161https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.105.610345
- NRMI and current treatment patterns for ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Am. Heart J. 2004; 148: S29-S33https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2004.09.012
- ExTRACT-TIMI 25 Investigators. Efficacy and safety of enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction also treated with clopidogrel.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2007; 49: 2256-2563https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2007.01.092
- AMIS Plus Investigators. Trends in reperfusion therapy of ST segment elevation myocardial infarction in Switzerland: six year results from a nationwide registry.Heart. 2005; 91: 882-888https://doi.org/10.1136/hrt.2004.037689
- ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines (CPG). Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 2551-2567https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs184
- Estimating treatment effects using observational data.JAMA. 2007; 297: 314-316https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.3.314
- Some methods of propensity-score matching had superior performance to others: results of an empirical investigation and Monte Carlo simulations.Biom. J. 2009; 51: 171-184https://doi.org/10.1002/bimj.200810488
- Temporal trends in the treatment of over 1.5 million patients with myocardial infarction in the US from 1990 through 1999: the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction 1, 2 and 3.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2000; 36: 2056-2063https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(00)00996-7
- GRACE Investigators. Practice variation and missed opportunities for reperfusion in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: findings from the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE).Lancet. 2002; 359: 373-377https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)07595-5
- In-hospital case fatality of acute myocardial infarction in Romania.CMAJ. 2009; 180: 1207-1213https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.081227
- ExTRACT-TIMI 25 Investigators. Enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin with fibrinolysis for ST-elevation myocardial infarction.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 1477-1488https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa060898
- OASIS-6 Trial Group. Effects of fondaparinux on mortality and reinfarction in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the OASIS-6 randomized trial.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1519-1530https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.295.13.joc60038
- CREATE Trial Group Investigators. Effects of reviparin, a low-molecular-weight heparin, on mortality, reinfarction, and strokes in patients with acute myocardial infarction presenting with ST-segment elevation.JAMA. 2005; 293: 427-435https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.293.4.427
- TETAMI Investigators. The safety and efficacy of subcutaneous enoxaparin versus intravenous unfractionated heparin and tirofiban versus placebo in the treatment of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients ineligible for reperfusion (TETAMI): a randomized trial.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2003; 42: 1348-1356https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(03)01040-4
- OASIS-6 Investigators. Effects of fondaparinux in patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction not receiving reperfusion treatment.Eur. Heart J. 2008; 29: 315-323https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehm578
- Antithrombotic agents in coronary artery disease.Chest. 2001; 119: 228S-252Shttps://doi.org/10.1378/chest.119.1_suppl.228S
- Regulation of arterial thrombolysis by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in mice.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1002-1008https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.97.10.1002
- ATOLL Investigators. Intravenous enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin in primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the international randomised open-label ATOLL trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 693-703https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60876-3
- Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY of Trial Investigators. Influence of Timing of Clopidogrel Treatment on the Efficacy and Safety of Bivalirudin in Patients with non-st-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: An Analysis of the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY) Trial.JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2008; 1: 639-648https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcin.2008.10.004
- A clinical trial comparing primary coronary angioplasty with tissue plasminogen activator for acute myocardial infarction.N. Engl. J. Med. 1997; 336: 1621-1628https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199706053362301
- Normal flow (TIMI-3) before mechanical reperfusion therapy is an independent determinant of survival in acute myocardial infarction: analysis from the primary angioplasty in myocardial infarction trials.Circulation. 2001; 104: 636-641https://doi.org/10.1161/hc3101.093701
- Effects of spontaneous and streptokinase-induced recanalization on left ventricular function in in acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1983; 67: 1039-1044https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.67.5.1039
- Adding heparin to aspirin reduces the incidence of myocardial infarction and death in patients with unstable angina. A meta-analysis.JAMA. 1996; 276: 811-815https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1996.03540100055028
- Addition of clopidogrel to aspirin in 45852 patients with acute myocardial infarction: randomised, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1607-1621https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67660-X
- Efficacy and safety of tenecteplase in combination with the low-molecular-weight heparin enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin in the pre-hospital setting: the Assessment of the Safety and Efficacy of a New Thrombolytic Regimen (ASSENT)-3 PLUS randomized trial in acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2003; 108: 135-142https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000081659.72985.A8
- Efficacy and safety of tenecteplase in combination with enoxaparin, abciximab, or unfractionated heparin: the ASSENT-3 randomized trial in acute myocardial infarction.Lancet. 2001; 358: 605-613https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(01)05775-0
- ASSENT-3 and ASSENT-3 PLUS Investigators. Efficacy and safety of unfractionated heparin versus enoxaparin: a pooled analysis of ASSENT-3 and -3 PLUS data.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 1421-1426https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.051410
- The role of cardiac registries in evidence-based medicine.Eur. Heart J. 2010; 31: 525-529https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehp596