- •Longitudinal associations between cholinesterase (ChE) and lipid status were studied.
- •ChE predicted hyper-LDL cholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia adjusted for BMI.
- •ChE predicted only hypertriglyceridemia in women adjusted for baseline lipid levels.
- •ChE was inversely correlated with 5-year change in LDL cholesterol in men and women.
- •ChE was inversely correlated with5-year change in log triglycerides in men.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metabolic syndrome: its history, mechanisms, and limitations.Acta Diabetol. 2012; 49: 89-95
- Serum butyrylcholinesterase is strongly associated with adiposity, the serum lipid profile and insulin resistance.Intern Med. 2007; 46: 1633-1639
- Association of butyrylcholinesterase with cardiometabolic risk factors among apparently healthy adults.J. Cardiovasc Med. (Hagerstown). 2014; 15: 377-383
- Serum cholinesterase activity in diabetes and associated pathologies.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2006; 72: 28-32
- Relationship between serum cholinesterase and low density lipoproteins in children with nephrotic syndrome.Clin. Biochem. 1975; 8: 103-107
- Pseudocholinesterase activity in thyroid disease.J. Clin. Pathol. 1965; 18: 811-812
- Cholinesterase in serum and low density lipoprotein of hyperlipidemic patients.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1978; 85: 55-59
- Increased serum gamma-glutamyltransferase in hypertriglyceridemia: comparison with serum pseudocholinesterase.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1976; 71: 419-427
- Butyrylcholinesterase activity, cardiovascular risk factors, and mortality in middle-aged and elderly men and women in Jerusalem.Clin. Chem. 2006; 52: 845-852
- Serum pseudocholinesterase activity during experimental fattening.Med. Interne. 1976; 14: 71-73
- Pseudocholinesterase in obesity: hypercaloric diet induced changes in experimental obese mice.Experientia. 1981; 37: 1141-1142
- Relationship between serum butyrylcholinesterase and obesity in dogs: a preliminary report.Vet. J. 2010; 186: 197-200
Oda E. Serum cholinesterase is inversely associated with body weight change in men undergoing routine health screening. Intern Med. 2015 (in press).
- Serum butyrylcholinesterase and the risk of future type 2 diabetes: the Kansai healthcare Study.Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf). 2014; 80: 362-367
- Chapter 3 in Japan atherosclerosis society guidelines for prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases 2012.Kyorinsha. 2012; (in Japanese): p33-36
- Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome. A joint interim statement of the International diabetes federation task force on epidemiology and prevention; National heart, lung, and blood institute; American heart Association; World heart Federation; International atherosclerosis Society; and International association for the study of obesity.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1640-1645
- Revised equations for estimated GFR from serum creatinine in Japan.Am. J. Kidney Dis. 2009; 53: 982-992
- The C5 isozyme of serum cholinesterase and adult weight.Hum. Hered. 1991; 41: 330-339
- Association of the CHE2 locus with body mass index and butyrylcholinesterase activity.Hum. Biol. 2001; 73: 587-595
- Butyrylcholinesterase and obesity in individuals with the CHE2 C5+ and CHE2 C5- phenotypes.Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. 2003; 27: 1557-1564
- Obesity and variants of the GHRL (ghrelin) and BCHE (butyrylcholinesterase) genes.Genet. Mol. Biol. 2011; 34: 205-207
- 1914G variant of BCHE gene associated with enzyme activity, obesity and triglyceride levels.Gene. 2013; 532: 24-26
- The butyrylcholinesterase knockout mouse is obese on a high-fat diet.Chem. Biol. Interact. 2008; 175: 88-91
- Butyrylcholinesterase: K variant, plasma activity, molecular forms and rivastigmine treatment in Alzheimer's disease in a Southern Brazilian population.Neurochem. Int. 2015; (pii: S0197–0186(14)00256-3 [Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuint.2014.12.009