- •We studied associations of aortic calcifications and outcomes after TAVI.
- •Total aortic calcifications predicted cardiac mortality and all-cause mortality.
- •Calcifications of all aorta segments predicted cardiac mortality.
- •Only Ascending aorta calcifications predicted heart failure.
- •Assessing aortic calcifications should be considered for risk stratification before TAVI.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 363: 1597-1607
- Transcatheter versus surgical aortic-valve replacement in high-risk patients.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 364: 2187-2198
- 5-year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement compared with standard treatment for patients with inoperable aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2485-2491
- 5-year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement or surgical aortic valve replacement for high surgical risk patients with aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2477-2484
- PARTNERs in the future of surgical aortic valve replacement.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2439-2441
- Percutaneous transcatheter implantation of an aortic valve prosthesis for calcific aortic stenosis: first human case description.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3006-3008
- Health-related quality of life after transcatheter aortic valve replacement in inoperable patients with severe aortic stenosis.Circulation. 2011; 124: 1964-1972
- Health-related quality of life after transcatheter or surgical aortic valve replacement in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: results from the PARTNER (Placement of AoRTic TraNscathetER Valve) trial (Cohort A).J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2012; 60: 548-558
- Futility, benefit, and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 707-716
- Is EuroSCORE II better than EuroSCORE in predicting mortality after transcatheter aortic valve implantation?.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013; 81: 1053-1060
- A meta-analysis comparing observed 30-day all-cause mortality with the society of thoracic surgeons predicted risk of mortality in contemporary studies using valve academic research consortium definitions.Int. J. Cardiol. 2013; 168: 1598-1602
- Improvements in transcatheter aortic valve implantation outcomes in lower surgical risk patients: a glimpse into the future.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2012; 59: 280-287
- Aortic calcifications present the next challenge after TAVR.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015; 65: 1058-1060
- Aortic stiffness: complex evaluation but major prognostic significance before TAVR.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1521-1522
- Association of various blood pressure variables and vascular phenotypes with coronary, stroke and renal deaths: potential implications for prevention.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 243: 161-168
- Non-euclidean image-adaptive radial basis functions for 3D interactive segmentation.2009 IEEE 12th Int. Conf. Comput. Vis. Kyoto, Jpn. 2009; : 787-794
- A unified inference procedure for a class of measures to assess improvement in risk prediction systems with survival data.Stat. Med. 2013; 32: 2430-2442
- Abdominal aortic calcific deposits are an important predictor of vascular morbidity and mortality.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1529-1534
- Abdominal aortic calcification is associated with diastolic dysfunction, mortality, and nonfatal cardiovascular events in maintenance hemodialysis patients.J. Korean Med. Sci. 2012; 27: 870-875
- Biology of calcification in vascular cells: intima versus media.Herz. 2001; 26: 245-251
- Elastin and collagen fibre microstructure of the human aorta in ageing and disease: a review.J. R. Soc. Interface. 2013; 10: 20121004
- Aging of arterial extracellular matrix elastin: etiology and consequences.Pathol. Biol. 1998; 46: 555-559
- Evolution and modulation of age-related medial elastocalcinosis: impact on large artery stiffness and isolated systolic hypertension.Cardiovasc Res. 2005; 66: 307-317
- Early vascular ageing in translation: from laboratory investigations to clinical applications in cardiovascular prevention.J. Hypertens. 2013; 31: 1517-1526
- Prediction of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality with arterial stiffness: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1318-1327
- Arterial stiffness and cardiovascular events: the Framingham heart study.Circulation. 2010; 121: 505-511
- Systemic vascular load in calcific degenerative aortic valve stenosis: insight from percutaneous valve replacement.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015; 65: 423-433
- Early regression of severe left ventricular hypertrophy after transcatheter aortic valve replacement is associated with decreased hospitalizations.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 662-673
- Calcification of the thoracic aorta as detected by spiral computed tomography among stable angina pectoris patients: association with cardiovascular events and death.Circulation. 2008; 118: 1328-1334
- Spiral computed tomography evidence of close correlation between coronary and thoracic aorta calcifications.Atherosclerosis. 2004; 176: 133-138
- Relation of thoracic aorta calcification on computed tomography and coronary risk factors to obstructive coronary artery disease on angiography.Angiology. 2003; 54: 433-441
- Thoracic aortic arteriosclerosis in patients with degenerative aortic stenosis with and without coexisting coronary artery disease.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2008; 85: 113-119
- Long-term outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve implantation in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: the U.K. TAVI (United Kingdom Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation) Registry.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011; 58: 2130-2138
- Registry of transcatheter aortic-valve implantation in high-risk patients.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012; 366: 1705-1715
- Long-term prognostic value and serial changes of plasma N-terminal prohormone B-type natriuretic peptide in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am. J. Cardiol. 2014; 113: 851-859
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on outcomes in patients who underwent transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Am. J. Cardiol. 2015; 115: 220-226
- Meta-analysis of the prognostic impact of stroke volume, gradient, and ejection fraction after transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am. J. Cardiol. 2015; 116: 989-994
- Mechanisms, pathophysiology, and therapy of arterial stiffness.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2005; 25: 932-943
- Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applications.Eur. Heart J. 2006; 27: 2588-2605