- •First structured review of registries in rare genetic lipid disorders.
- •Challenges and lessons on setting up registries in orphan disease provided.
- •GENIALL is the first international registry in Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency (LPLD).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rare Diseases and Orphan Products: Accelerating Research and Development.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011 (Accessed at)Feb 2016)
- Creating a European Union framework for actions in the field of rare diseases.Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2010; 686: 457-473
Gliklich R, Dreyer N, Leavy M, eds. Registries for Evaluating Patient Outcomes: a User's Guide. third ed.. Two volumes. AHRQ Publication No. 13(14)-EHC111. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Accessed at: http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/registries-guide-3.cfm. Feb 2016.
EURORDIS-NORD-CORD Joint Declaration. Accessed at: http://www.eurordis.org/content/eurordis-nord-cord-release-joint-declaration-10-key-principles-rare-disease-patient-registries. Feb 2016.
- Review of the clinical development of alipogene tiparvovec gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency.Atheroscler. Suppl. 2010; 11: 55-60
- Gene therapy coming of age – prevention of acute pancreatitis in lipoprotein lipase deficiency through alipogene tiparvovec.Eur Gastroenterol Hepatol Rev. 2010; : 48-53
- Data on File, Presented at the 2016 European Atherosclerosis Congress.May 29-June 1, 2016 (Innsbruck, Austria)
- Alipogene tiparvovec: gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency.Expert Opin. Biol. Ther. 2013; 13: 7-10
Glybera (alipogene tiparvovec). Summary of Product Characteristics. uniQure biopharma B.V. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/. Feb 2016.
- Effect of alipogene tiparvovec (AAV1-LPL(S447X)) on postprandial chylomicron metabolism in lipoprotein lipase-deficient patients.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012 May; 97: 1635-1644
- Gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2012; 23: 310-320
- Efficacy and long-term safety of alipogene tiparvovec (AAV1-LPLS447X) gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency: an open-label trial.Gene Ther. 2013; 20: 361-369
- Gene therapy with alipogene tiparvovec (Glybera®) for the prevention of LPLD induced pancreatitis: follow-up data suggests long-term clinical benefit.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 235: e13
- Safety profile of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors: focus on alipogene tiparvovec (Glybera®).Expert Rev. Clin. Pharmacol. 2014; 7: 53-65
- Immune responses to intramuscular administration of alipogene tiparvovec (AAV1-LPL(S447X)) in a phase II clinical trial of lipoprotein lipase deficiency gene therapy.Hum. Gene Ther. 2014; 25: 180-188
- Recent advances in pharmacotherapy for hypertriglyceridemia.Prog. Lipid Res. 2014; 56: 47-66
LOWER registry. Accessed at: http://www.juxtapid.com/patients/juxtapid-registries; and https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02135705. Feb 2016.
- Unrecognized dyslipoproteinemia in United Kingdom families recruited to a genetic register because of unexplained coronary heart disease.J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1994; 123: 842-848
- Research committee on primary hyperlipidemia of the ministry of health and welfare of Japan. mutations in japanese subjects with primary hyperlipidemia–results from the research committee of the ministry of health and welfare of Japan since 1996–.J. Atheroscler. Thromb. 2004; 11: 131-145
- Genotypic effect of the -565C>T polymorphism in the ABCA1 gene promoter on ABCA1 expression and severity of atherosclerosis.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2005; 25: 418-423
- ABCA1 polymorphisms and prognosis after myocardial infarction in young patients.Int. J. Cardiol. 2006; 110: 267-268
- Long-term safety and efficacy of low-density lipoprotein apheresis in childhood for homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.Am. J. Cardiol. 2008; 102: 1199-1204
- Atorvastatin in low-density lipoprotein apheresis-treated patients with homozygous and heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.Metabolism. 2002; 51: 976-980
Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) Canada Registry. Accessed at: http://www.fhcanada.net/. Feb 2016.
- Acute pancreatitis classification working group. classification of acute pancreatitis–2012: revision of the Atlanta classification and definitions by international consensus.Gut. 2013; 62: 102-111
- Methodological challenges in monitoring new treatments for rare diseases: lessons from the cryopyrin-associated periodic syndrome registry.Orphanet J. Rare Dis. 2013; 8: 139
National Library of Medicine (US). Genetics Home Reference [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): The Library; 2015 Sep 20. LPL; [reviewed 2015 Feb; cited]. Accessed at: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/LPL. Feb 2016.
- Dispelling myths about rare disease registry system development.Source Code Biol. Med. 2013; 8: 21
- Canadian familial hypercholesterolemia registry.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2014; 34
- Canadian cardiovascular society position statement on familial hypercholesterolemia.Can. J. Cardiol. 2014; 30: 1471-1481