- •Histone demethylase KDM3a, a novel regulator of vascular smooth muscle cells, controls vascular neointimal hyperplasia in diabetic rats.
- •KDM3a and H3M9me2 were involved in metabolic memory after vascular injury in diabetic condition.
- •KDM3a expression is closely associated with the development of neointimal hyperplasia in diabetes.
- •KDM3a might function as a key regulator of vascular remodeling in diabetes via Rho/ROCK and AngII/AGTR1 signaling pathways.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in diabetes with aspirin.Diab Vasc. Dis. Res. 2012; 9: 245-255
- ACCORD MIND investigators. Effects of intensive glucose lowering on brain structure and function in people with type 2 diabetes (ACCORD MIND): a randomised open-label substudy.Lancet Neurol. 2011; 10: 969-977
- Effects of intensive glucose lowering in the management of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (ACCORD) trial.Circulation. 2010; 122: 844-846
Zoungas S, de Galan BE, Ninomiya T, Grobbee D, Hamet P, Heller S, MacMahon S, Marre M, Neal B, Patel A, Woodward M, Chalmers J; ADVANCE Collaborative Group, Cass A, Glasziou P, Harrap S, Lisheng L, Mancia G, Pillai A, Poulter N, Perkovic V, Travert F. Combined effects of routine blood pressure lowering and intensive glucose control on macrovascular and microvascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes: new results from the ADVANCE trial. Diabetes Care 2009; 32: 2068–2074.
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes.N. Engl. J. Med. 2008; 358: 2560-2572
- VADT Investigators. Glucose control and vascular complications in veterans with type 2 diabetes.N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 360: 129-139
- Diabetes and vascular disease: pathophysiology, clinical consequences, and medical therapy: part I.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 2436-2443
- Diabetes and vascular disease: pathophysiology, clinical consequences, and medical therapy: part II.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 2444-2452
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of endothelial dysfunction in diabetes.Diab Vasc. Dis. Res. 2013; 10: 472-482
- Epigenetics: mechanisms and implications for diabetic complications.Circ. Res. 2010; 107: 1403-1413
- Epigenetic mechanisms in diabetic vascular complications.Cardiovasc Res. 2011; 90: 421-429
- Translating the histone code.Science. 2001; 293: 1074-1080
- DCCT/EDIC Research Group. Evaluating the role of epigenetic histone modifications in the metabolic memory of type 1 diabetes.Diabetes. 2014; 63: 1748-1762
- The diverse functions of histone lysine methylation.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2005; 6: 838-849
- Lymphocytes from patients with type 1 diabetes display a distinct profile of chromatin histone H3 lysine 9 dimethylation: an epigenetic study in diabetes.Diabetes. 2008; 57: 3189-3198
- Epigenetic regulation of vascular endothelial gene expression.Circ. Res. 2008; 102: 873-887
- Epigenetic histone H3 lysine 9 methylation in metabolic memory and inflammatory phenotype of vascular smooth muscle cells in diabetes.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2008; 105: 9047-9052
- The histone demethylase, Jmjd1a, interacts with the myocardin factors to regulate SMC differentiation marker gene expression.Circ. Res. 2007; 101: e115-e123
- Role of Jhdm2a in regulating metabolic gene expression and obesity resistance.Nature. 2009; 458: 757-761
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome in histone demethylase JHDM2a-deficient mice.Genes Cells. 2009; 14: 991-1001
- Diabetes mellitus enhances vascular matrix metalloproteinase activity: role of oxidative stress.Circ. Res. 2001; 88: 1291-1298
- Inhibition of neointimal hyperplasia in the rat carotid artery injury model by a HMGB1 inhibitor.Atherosclerosis. 2012; 224: 332-339
- Lentivirus-mediated RNAi targeting CREB binding protein attenuates neointimal formation and promotes re-endothelialization in balloon injured rat carotid artery.Cell Physiol. Biochem. 2010; 26: 441-448
- Local adenovirus-mediated transfer of human endothelial nitric oxide synthase reduces luminal narrowing after coronary angioplasty in pigs.Circulation. 1998; 98: 919-926
- Overexpression of miR-429 induces mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition (MET) in metastatic ovarian cancer cells.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 121: 200-205
- Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing.J. R. Stat. Soc. Ser. B Stat. Methodol. 1995; 57: 289-300
- Transient high glucose causes persistent epigenetic changes and altered gene expression during subsequent normoglycemia.J. Exp. Med. 2008; 205: 2409-2417
- Serum deprivation results in redifferentiation of human umbilical vascular smooth muscle cells.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2006; 291: C50-C58
- Aldosterone and angiotensin II synergistically stimulate migration in vascular smooth muscle cells through c-Src-regulated redox-sensitive RhoA pathways.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2008; 28: 1511-1518
- Rescue treatment with a Rho-kinase inhibitor normalizes right ventricular function and reverses remodeling in juvenile rats with chronic pulmonary hypertension.Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 2010; 299: H1854-H1864
- Hyperglycemia induces a dynamic cooperativity of histone methylase and demethylase enzymes associated with gene-activating epigenetic marks that coexist on the lysine tail.Diabetes. 2009; 58: 1229-1236
- Histone demethylase LSD1 deficiency during high-salt diet is associated with enhanced vascular contraction, altered NO-cGMP relaxation pathway, and hypertension.Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 2011; 301: H1862-H1871
- Inhibition of histone demethylase JMJD1A improves anti-angiogenic therapy and reduces tumor-associated macrophages.Cancer Res. 2013; 73: 3019-3028
- The JmjC domain-containing histone demethylase KDM3A is a positive regulator of the G1/S transition in cancer cells via transcriptional regulation of the HOXA1 gene.Int. J. Cancer. 2012; 131: E179-E189
- Physiological role of ROCKs in the cardiovascular system.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2006; 290: C661-C668
- Targeted disruption of ROCK1 causes insulin resistance in vivo.J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284: 11776-11780
- Crucial role of ROCK2 in vascular smooth muscle cells for hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in mice.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2013; 33: 2780-2791
- Emerging concepts of regulation of angiotensin II receptors: new players and targets for traditional receptors.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2007; 27: 2532-2539
- Can angiotensin II type 2 receptors have deleterious effects in cardiovascular disease? Implications for therapeutic blockade of the renin-angiotensin system.Circulation. 2004; 109: 8-13
- The AT(1)-type angiotensin receptor in oxidative stress and atherogenesis: part I: oxidative stress and atherogenesis.Circulation. 2002; 105: 393-396
- Angiotensin II signal transduction through small GTP-binding proteins: mechanism and significance in vascular smooth muscle cells.Hypertension. 2006; 48: 534-540
- Angiotensin II enhances interleukin-18 mediated inflammatory gene expression in vascular smooth muscle cells: a novel cross-talk in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.Circ. Res. 2005; 96: 1064-1071