- •Subclinical coronary atherosclerosis is evident on MR imaging in autosomal dominant hyper-IgE (AD-HIES) patients.
- •Histological evaluation confirms the presence of coronary atherosclerosis in AD-HIES.
- •There is paucity of supportive coronary adventitial thickening and elastic component.
- •Atherosclerosis without supportive structures may explain AD-HIES coronary dilation.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dominant-negative mutations in the DNA-binding domain of STAT3 cause hyper-IgE syndrome.Nature. 2007; 448: 1058-1062
- Hyper-IgE syndrome update.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2012; 1250: 25-32
- Coronary artery abnormalities in Hyper-IgE syndrome.J. Clin. Immunol. 2011; 31: 338-345
- Frequent and widespread vascular abnormalities in human signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 deficiency.Circ. Cardiovasc Genet. 2012; 5: 25-34
- Coronary artery aneurysm: a review.Clin. Cardiol. 2006; 29: 439-443
- Pathophysiology of acute coronary syndrome.Curr. Atheroscler. Rep. 2014; 16: 401
- Compensatory enlargement of human atherosclerotic coronary arteries.N. Engl. J. Med. 1987; 316: 1371-1375
- Coronary abnormalities in hyper-IgE recurrent infection syndrome: depiction at coronary MDCT angiography, AJR.Am. J. Roentgenol. 2009; 193: W478-W481
- Coronary artery aneurysms in patients with hyper IgE recurrent infection syndrome.Clin. Immunol. 2007; 122: 255-258
- Increased coronary vessel wall thickness in HIV-infected young adults.Clin. Infect. Dis. 2014; 59: 1779-1786
- Coronary vessel wall 3-T MR imaging with time-resolved acquisition of phase-sensitive dual inversion-recovery (TRAPD) technique: initial results in patients with risk factors for coronary artery disease.Radiology. 2012; 265: 715-723
- Noninvasive coronary vessel wall and plaque imaging with magnetic resonance imaging.Circulation. 2000; 102: 2582-2587
- Feasibility of coronary artery wall thickening assessment in asymptomatic coronary artery disease using phase-sensitive dual-inversion recovery MRI at 3T.Magn. Reson. imaging. 2013; 31: 1051-1058
- Phase-sensitive black-blood coronary vessel wall imaging, Magnetic resonance in medicine.Off. J. Soc. Magn. Reson. Med./Soc. Magn. Reson. Med. 2010; 63: 1021-1030
- Di Carli M.F. Kwong K.F. Novel Techniques for Imaging the Heart: Cardiac MR and CT. American Heart Association Willey-Blackwell, Dallas2008: 238
- Arterial wall imaging: evaluation with 16-section multidetector CT in blood vessel phantoms and ex vivo coronary arteries.Radiology. 2006; 240: 708-716
- Automated quantification of coronary plaque with computed tomography: comparison with intravascular ultrasound using a dedicated registration algorithm for fusion-based quantification.Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 1007-1016
- Double-oblique free-breathing high resolution three-dimensional coronary magnetic resonance angiography.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 1999; 34: 524-531
- Simultaneous spatial and spectral selective excitation, Magnetic resonance in medicine.Off. J. Soc. Magn. Reson. Med./Soc. Magn. Reson. Med. 1990; 15: 287-304
- Novel real-time R-wave detection algorithm based on the vectorcardiogram for accurate gated magnetic resonance acquisitions, Magnetic resonance in medicine.Off. J. Soc. Magn. Reson. Med./Soc. Magn. Reson. Med. 1999; 42: 361-370
- Prospective navigator correction of image position for coronary MR angiography.Radiology. 1997; 203: 733-736
- Accuracy of 16-row multidetector computed tomography for the assessment of coronary artery stenosis.Jama. 2006; 296: 403-411
- Detection of calcified and noncalcified coronary atherosclerotic plaque by contrast-enhanced, submillimeter multidetector spiral computed tomography: a segment-based comparison with intravascular ultrasound.Circulation. 2004; 109: 14-17
- Initial evaluation of coronary images from 320-detector row computed tomography.Int. J. Cardiovasc. imaging. 2008; 24: 535-546
- Mathematical modeling of coupled drug and drug-encapsulated nanoparticle transport in patient-specific coronary artery walls.Comput. Mech. 2011; 49: 213-242
- Lung parenchyma surgery in autosomal dominant hyper-IgE syndrome.J. Clin. Immunol. 2013; 33: 896-902
- Plasma metalloproteinase levels are dysregulated in signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 mutated hyper-IgE syndrome.J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2011; 128: 1124-1127
- The association of genetic variants of matrix metalloproteinases with abdominal aortic aneurysm: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart. 2014; 100: 295-302
- An update on the hyper-IgE syndromes.Arthritis Res. Ther. 2012; 14: 228