- •The vicious cycle between hypertension and endothelial dysfunction was targeted.
- •A positive association of platelets with hypertension in men with a low CD34 + count was found.
- •Association of platelets and CIMT in hypertensive men with a low CD34 + cell count was found.
- •Platelet and CD34 + cell levels act as an indicator of vicious cycle activity.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hypertension and oxidative stress.Nagoya Med. J. 2010; 51 (Article in Japanese): 153-158
- Role of angiotensin II-related oxidative stress and nitric oxide in endothelial function in hypertension.J. Jpn. Coll. Angiol. 2003; 43 (Article in Japanese): 47-52
- A novel vascular modulator, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), as a potential index of the severity of hypertension.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1998; 242: 238-243
- Platelets as an indicator of vascular repair in elderly Japanese men.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 44919-44926
- Platelet-derived stromal cell-derived factor-1 regulates adhesion and promotes differentiation of human CD34+ cells to endothelial progenitor cells.Circulation. 2008; 117: 206-215
- Expression of stromal-cell-derived factor-1 on circulating platelets is increased in patients with acute coronary syndrome and correlates with the number of CD34+ progenitor cells.Eur. Heart J. 2009; 30: 584-593
- The role of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors in the trafficking of hematopoietic progenitor cells.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2005; 1044: 84-89
- Different clinical models of CD34+ cells mobilization in patients with cardiovascular disease.J. Thromb. Thrombolysis. 2011; 32: 1-8
- S1P promotes murine progenitor cell egress and mobilization via S1P1-mediated ROS signaling and SDF-1 release.Blood. 2012; 119: 2478-2488
- The effects of platelet-rich plasma on the osteogenic induction of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.Connect. Tissue Res. 2014; 55: 304-309
- OP9 bone marrow stroma cells differentiate into megakaryocytes and platelets.PLos One. 2013; 8: e58123
- High CD34+ cell dose promotes faster platelet recovery after autologous stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia.Biol. Blood Marrow Transpl. 2003; 9: 643-648
- Platelets induce differentiation of human CD34+ progenitor cells into foam cells and endothelial cells.FASEB J. 2006; 20: 2559-2561
- Numerous growth factors, cytokines, and chemokines are secreted by human CD34(+) cells, myeloblasts, erythroblasts, and megakaryoblasts and regulate normal hematopoiesis in an autocrine/paracrine manner.Blood. 2001; 97: 3075-3085
- Circulating CD34+ cell count is associated with extent of subclinical atherosclerosis in asymptomatic Amish men, independent of 10-Yaer Framingham Risk.Clin. Med. Cardiol. 2009; 3: 53-60
National Institute of Population and Social Security Research [(Home page on the Internet). (Cited February 23, 2017) Available from: http://www.ipss.go.jp/pp-shicyoson/j/shicyoson13/3kekka/Municipalities.asp.
- Circulating CD34-positive cells, glomerular filtration rate and triglycerides in relation to hypertension.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 243: 71-76
- Height is an indicator of vascular maintenance capacity in older men.Geriatr. Gerontol. Int. 2016; (Epub ahead of print)
- The ISHAGE guidelines for CD34+ cell determination by flow cytometry. International Society of Hematotherapy and Graft Engineering.J. Hematother. 1996; 5: 213-226
- Guideline for the flow cytometric enumeration of CD34+ haematopoietic stem cells. Prepared by the CD34+ haematopoietic stem cell working party. General Haematology Task Force of the British Committee for Standards in Haematology.Clin. Lab. Haematol. 1999; 21: 301-308
- Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in the Japanese general population.Clin. Exp. Nephrol. 2009; 13: 621-630
- Evaluation of clinical markers of atherosclerosis in young and elderly Japanese adults.Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2006; 44: 824-829
- Circulating agiopoietin-2 in essential hypertension: relation to atherosclerosis, vascular inflammation, and treatment with olmesartan/pravastatin.J. Hypertens. 2009; 27: 1641-1647
- Platelet activation and arterial thrombosis.Lancet. 1994; 334: 991-995
- Activation of the GP IIb -IIIa complex induced by platelet adhesion to collagen is mediated by both alpha2beta1 integrin and GP VI.J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274: 11897-11903
- Signaling across the platelet adhesion receptor glycoprotein Ib-IX induces alpha IIbbeta 3 activation both in platelets and a transfected Chinese hamster ovary cell system.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 16779-16787
- Characterisation of progenitor cells in human atherosclerotic vessels.Atherosclerosis. 2007; 191: 259-264
- Plaque neovascularization is increased in ruptured atherosclerotic lesions of human aorta: implications for plaque vulnerability.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2032-2038
- Endothelial dysfunction.J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2004; 15: 1983-1992
- Interaction between Tie receptors modulates angiogenic activity of sngiopoietin 2 in endothelial progenitor cells.Cardiovasc Res. 2006; 72: 394-402
- Short stature is an inflammatory disadvantage among middle-aged Japanese men.Environ. Health Prev Med. 2016; (Epub ahead of print)
- Relationship between adult height and body weight and risk of carotid atherosclerosis assessed in terms of carotid intima-media thickness: the Nagasaki Islands study.J. Physiol. Anthropol. 2013; 32: 19
- CIRCS Investigators. Adult height and body mass index in relation to risk of total stroke and its subtypes: the circulatory risk in communities study.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2014; 23: 667-674
- Height indicates hematopoietic capacity in elderly Japanese men.Aging (Albany NY). 2016; 8: 2407-2413
- Height and drinking status in relation to risk of anemia in rural adult healthy Japanese men: the Nagasaki Islands study.Aging Male. 2015; 18: 100-105
- Height correlates with dyslipidemia in non-overweight middle-aged Japanese men.J. Physiol. Anthropol. 2016; 35: 29
- Circadian variations in clock gene expression of human marrow CD34+ cells.J. Biol. Rhythms. 2007; 22: 140-150