- •Angptl3 silencing induced combined hypolipidemia in WT and obese mice.
- •Angptl3 silencing reduced plasma TG and LDL-C, but not HDL-C, in hCETP/ApoB-100 transgenic mice.
- •The low LDL-C from Angptl3 silencing is linked to LDLR in Apobec1−/−/ApoB-100 transgenic mice lacking LDLR.
- •ANGPTL3 deficiency in human hepatoma cells reduced nascent ApoB-100 secretion and increased LDL/VLDL uptake.
- •Reduced secretion and increased uptake of ApoB-containing lipoproteins contribute to the low LDL-C caused by ANGPTL3 deficiency.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Genetics of coronary artery disease.Annu. Rev. genomics Hum. Genet. 2010; 11: 91-108
- Functional validation of new pathways in lipoprotein metabolism identified by human genetics.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2011; 22: 123-128
- Regulation of triglyceride metabolism by Angiopoietin-like proteins.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2012; 1821: 782-789
- Rare loss-of-function mutations in ANGPTL family members contribute to plasma triglyceride levels in humans.J. Clin. Invest. 2009; 119: 70-79
- Protein region important for regulation of lipid metabolism in angiopoietin-like 3 (ANGPTL3): ANGPTL3 is cleaved and activated in vivo.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 41804-41809
- Identification of a new functional domain in angiopoietin-like 3 (ANGPTL3) and angiopoietin-like 4 (ANGPTL4) involved in binding and inhibition of lipoprotein lipase (LPL).J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284: 13735-13745
- Angiopoietin-like protein3 regulates plasma HDL cholesterol through suppression of endothelial lipase.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2007; 27: 366-372
- Exome sequencing, ANGPTL3 mutations, and familial combined hypolipidemia.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 363: 2220-2227
- Genetic and pharmacologic inactivation of ANGPTL3 and cardiovascular disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 377: 211-221
- Cardiovascular and metabolic effects of ANGPTL3 antisense oligonucleotides.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 377: 222-232
- Impacts of angiopoietin-like proteins on lipoprotein metabolism and cardiovascular events.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2010; 21: 70-75
- Angiopoietin-like protein 3 inhibits lipoprotein lipase activity through enhancing its cleavage by proprotein convertases.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 27561-27570
- Biochemistry and pathophysiology of intravascular and intracellular lipolysis.Genes Dev. 2013; 27: 459-484
- Endothelial lipase: a new lipase on the block.J. Lipid Res. 2002; 43: 1763-1769
- Endothelial lipase is a major determinant of HDL level.J. Clin. Invest. 2003; 111: 347-355
- Quantitation of serum angiopoietin-like proteins 3 and 4 in a Finnish population sample.J. Lipid Res. 2010; 51: 824-831
- ANGPTL3 blockade with a human monoclonal antibody reduces plasma lipids in dyslipidemic mice and monkeys.J. Lipid Res. 2015; 56: 1308-1317
- Inactivation of ANGPTL3 reduces hepatic VLDL-triglyceride secretion.J. Lipid Res. 2015; 56: 1296-1307
- A mouse model of human familial hypercholesterolemia: markedly elevated low density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and severe atherosclerosis on a low-fat chow diet.Nat. Med. 1998; 4: 934-938
- Normal production rate of apolipoprotein B in LDL receptor-deficient mice.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2002; 22: 989-994
- ANGPTL3 deficiency and protection against coronary artery disease.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2017; 69: 2054-2063
- A combinatorial library of lipid-like materials for delivery of RNAi therapeutics.Nat. Biotechnol. 2008; 26: 561-569
- Inhibition of Golgi apparatus glycosylation causes endoplasmic reticulum stress and decreased protein synthesis.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 24600-24608
- The metabolism of very low density lipoprotein proteins. I. Preliminary in vitro and in vivo observations.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1972; 260: 212-221
- Improved vectors and genome-wide libraries for CRISPR screening.Nat. Methods. 2014; 11: 783-784
- Genome-scale CRISPR-Cas9 knockout screening in human cells.Science. 2014; 343: 84-87
- Analysis of off-target effects of CRISPR/Cas-derived RNA-guided endonucleases and nickases.Genome Res. 2014; 24: 132-141
- Rapid fluorometric assay of LDL receptor activity by DiI-labeled LDL.J. Lipid Res. 1993; 34: 325-330
- Metabolic control of type 1 regulatory T cell differentiation by AHR and HIF1-alpha.Nat. Med. 2015; 21: 638-646
- Angptl3 regulates lipid metabolism in mice.Nat. Genet. 2002; 30: 151-157
- Transgenic mice expressing both human apolipoprotein B and human CETP have a lipoprotein cholesterol distribution similar to that of normolipidemic humans.J. lipid Res. 1995; 36: 1082-1091
- Major lipids, apolipoproteins, and risk of vascular disease.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1993-2000
- Effects of cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors on human lipoprotein metabolism: why have they failed in lowering coronary heart disease risk?.Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2013; 24: 259-264
- Plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein.J. lipid Res. 1993; 34: 1255-1274
- Reduced high density lipoprotein cholesterol in human cholesteryl ester transfer protein transgenic mice.J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266: 10796-10801