We have read with great interest the paper “Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke among men and women: A large population-based, prospective cohort study” by Dong and coworkers, published in Atherosclerosis [
], and we have found their conclusion of importance, with a view on clinical prevention.
- Dong J.Y.
- Iso H.
- Yamagishi K.
- Sawada N.
- Tsugane S.
Japan Public Health Center–based Prospective Study Group. Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke among men and women: a large population-based, prospective cohort study.
Atherosclerosis. 2017 May; 260 (Epub 2017 Mar 4): 8-12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2017.03.004
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Atherosclerosis
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Japan Public Health Center–based Prospective Study Group. Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke among men and women: a large population-based, prospective cohort study.Atherosclerosis. 2017 May; 260 (Epub 2017 Mar 4): 8-12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2017.03.004
- Relationship between Mediterranean diet and asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in a population of pre-menopausal women.Nutr. Metab. Cardiovasc Dis. 2017 Nov; 27 (Epub 2017 Oct 3): 985-990https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2017.09.011
- Mediterranean diet impact on cardiovascular diseases: a narrative review.J. Cardiovasc Med. Hagerst. 2017 Dec; 18: 925-935https://doi.org/10.2459/JCM.0000000000000573
- Influence of coffee and caffeine consumption on atrial fibrillation in hypertensive patients.Nutr. Metab. Cardiovasc Dis. 2010 Feb 16; (Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2009.11.003
- The impact of dietary flavonoid supplementation on smoking-induced inflammatory process and fibrinolytic impairment.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 251: 266-272
- Acute and long-term cardiovascular effects of coffee: implications for coronary heart disease.Pharmacol. Ther. 2009; 121: 185-191
Published online: November 20, 2017
Accepted: November 16, 2017
Received: November 13, 2017
© 2017 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Reply to: “Chocolate intake in pre-menopausal women”AtherosclerosisVol. 269
- PreviewWe thank Dr. Mattioli and Dr. Farinetti for their letter regarding our article “Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke among men and women: A large population-based, prospective cohort study” . We are delighted that they are interested in the paper and think our finding is of importance, with a view on stroke prevention.