- •The relationship between lipoproteins (LDL, HDL) and outcome in ICH is unclear.
- •This relationship was studied in a prospective cohort study with 672 patients.
- •Higher LDL levels were independently associated with lower in-hospital mortality.
Background and aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Serum cholesterol levels and six-year mortality from stroke in 350,977 men screened for the multiple risk factor intervention trial.N. Engl. J. Med. 1989; 320: 904-910
- Cholesterol levels and risk of hemorrhagic stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2013; 44: 1833-1839
- Serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol level predicts hematoma growth and clinical outcome after acute intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2011; 42: 2447-2452
- Serum cholesterol LDL and 90-day mortality in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2009; 40: 1917-1920
- Association of prestroke statin use and lipid levels with outcome of intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2013; 44: 2330-2332
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations and death due to intraparenchymal hemorrhage: the Ibaraki Prefectural Health Study.Circulation. 2009; 119: 2136-2145
- High-dose atorvastatin after stroke or transient ischemic attack.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 355: 549-559
- Statin use and microbleeds in patients with spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2012; 43: 2677-2681
- Statin use and outcome after intracerebral hemorrhage: case-control study and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2011; 76: 1581-1588
- Statin therapy and the risk of intracerebral hemorrhage: a meta-analysis of 31 randomized controlled trials.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2012; 43: 2149-2156
- Previous statin use is not associated with an increased prevalence or degree of gradient-echo lesions in patients with acute ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2011; 42: 354-358
- Statin pretreatment and microembolic signals in large artery atherosclerosis.Arterioscler., Thromb., Vasc. Biol. 2017; 37: 1415-1422
- The ABCs of measuring intracerebral hemorrhage volumes.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 1996; 27: 1304-1305
- Impact of blood pressure changes and course on hematoma growth in acute intracerebral hemorrhage.Eur. J. Neurol. Offic. J. Eur. Fed. Neurol. Soc. 2013; 20: 1277-1283
- Prediction of intracerebral haemorrhage expansion with clinical, laboratory, pharmacologic, and noncontrast radiographic variables.Int. J. stroke Offic. J. Int. Stroke Soc. 2015; 10: 1057-1061
- Defining hematoma expansion in intracerebral hemorrhage: relationship with patient outcomes.Neurology. 2011; 76: 1238-1244
- Statin pretreatment is associated with better outcomes in large artery atherosclerotic stroke.Neurology. 2016; 86: 1103-1111
- Volume and functional outcome of intracerebral hemorrhage according to oral anticoagulant type.Neurology. 2016; 86: 360-366
- No relationship of lipid-lowering agents to hematoma growth: pooled analysis of the intensive blood pressure reduction in acute cerebral hemorrhage trials studies.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2015; 46: 857-859
- Favorable outcome of ischemic stroke in patients pretreated with statins.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2004; 35: 1117-1121
- Hematoma shape, hematoma size, Glasgow coma scale score and ICH score: which predicts the 30-day mortality better for intracerebral hematoma?.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e102326
- Low concentration of serum total cholesterol is associated with multifocal signal loss lesions on gradient-echo magnetic resonance imaging: analysis of risk factors for multifocal signal loss lesions.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2002; 33: 2845-2849
- Quantity of cerebral microbleeds, antiplatelet therapy, and intracerebral hemorrhage outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. Offic. J. Natl. Stroke Assoc. 2015; 24: 2728-2737
- Brain microbleeds: distribution and influence on hematoma and perihematomal edema in patients with primary intracerebral hemorrhage.Neuroradiol. J. 2013; 26: 184-190
- Subacute decline in serum lipids precedes the occurrence of primary intracerebral hemorrhage.Neurology. 2016; 86: 2034-2041
- Inverse association of plasma level of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol with intracerebral hemorrhage.J. Lipid Res. 2011; 52: 1747-1754
- Total and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and stroke risk.Stroke; a J. Cereb. Circ. 2012; 43: 1768-1774
- Gene polymorphisms affect the effectiveness of atorvastatin in treating ischemic stroke patients.Cell Physiol. biochem. 2016; 39: 630-638
- Effect of intensive lipid-lowering therapies on cholinesterase activity in patients with coronary artery disease.Pharmacol. Rep. 2017; 69: 150-155
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitors in the treatment of central nervous system diseases.Arch. Neurol. 2010; 67: 1062-1067